best late 90's to mid 2000's ass draggers?

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

Those xcrs were pretty cool I will admit.  Neighbor guy race them in the 90's and would rip around the years sometimes, it sounded good and they look good.  I don't agree with the video people, ass draggers are just as good or better on a groomed trail, if you ride them right.  I don't know if everyone can physically ride them with their feet under them but not many do and then yeah you're in a very bad position.  That is the biggest mistake.

guy I went to h/s with has an Indy collection with a red rocket in it and I agree, they were killer little sleds along with the ZR's of that era.  I rode bent knees back then and rarely had my feet in front of me, it was also easier to get your body outside of the sled to corner.  plus, leg shocks ftw... 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

My Bearcat is basically 2 jags!

Same hp twice the weight, nice try.  No respect.  That's ok we'll just use this as fuel for the ass dragging firestorm 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

My buddy had one and probably still has it. It was a turd of a sled in that era 

Yeah I've heard similar. You can tell the guy selling it writes for magazines the way he describes it.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

next time I'm in lower michigan... 

I think that is Mickey’s salvage. It’s a big junk yard. Has better stuff than the swap at haydays. My friend drives their race car. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I think that is Mickey’s salvage. It’s a big junk yard. Has better stuff than the swap at haydays. My friend drives their race car. 

places like that are getting harder and harder to find.  it's more fun than going to a museum for me.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 1:51 PM, Sled_Hed said:

Yeah I've heard similar. You can tell the guy selling it writes for magazines the way he describes it.

Even if it was a sled I wanted I would not pursue it because I wouldn't want to deal with or "chat" with the overly eccentric seller.  Sounds like he's just looking for a friend.  Bring beers?  What is this gay snowmobile tinder?  Nice try asshole not falling for that trick!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Will trade 500 sno pros for rare ass dragger parts 

You're going to have to explain power valves to him now that he's stepping up in technology.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

You're going to have to explain power valves to him now that he's stepping up in technology.

I tried. I told him to spin servo over by hand to see if the valves were free and not frozen up. That was way too much going on haha. 

• Confused 1