best late 90's to mid 2000's ass draggers?

15 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Please bring the Polaris stuff in to the discussion, @EvilBird and I added some to the what are you getting ready thread.

Don't be hating on the laydown 700! Lol

My sled is probably still considered an ass dragged by most people. 

most carbed polaris sleds were fat as fuck. let it idle and it burbles like crazy when you go to take off. the 600s used to get 400 mains and 1 size down on pilot. different machine after that

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

trailing arms though... 🤔

they can hook a corner for sure. we have huge corn fields i used to tune in. my buddy had an old indy 340 liquid. that thing did like 70-75. i could kill him on the straights but the corners he didn't have to lift and was hard to get away from

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

they can hook a corner for sure. we have huge corn fields i used to tune in. my buddy had an old indy 340 liquid. that thing did like 70-75. i could kill him on the straights but the corners he didn't have to lift and was hard to get away from

I have a soft spot for the red rockets... the red headed 440's that is.  :roflcrying:

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I have a soft spot for the red rockets... the red headed 440's that is.  :roflcrying:

You should go straight up trailer park style and get your self a xlt with a leaking exhaust and loud can. Then you can brag to people greasy triples are fast and cool because they are a triple 

9 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

You should go straight up trailer park style and get your self a xlt with a leaking exhaust and loud can. Then you can brag to people greasy triples are fast and cool because they are a triple 

Thundacat

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3378029565771486/?mibextid=dXMIcH

I spent this much on the 720, twice.  :roflcrying:

• Gold Member
49 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

A pro-xr would be another rare bird that I would like to have 

wish there was a non 800 version.only thing that i didnt like about those.

15 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

My brother has a mint 2001 srx 700 , sled absolutely sings when its out there but my fuck does my back hurt after riding it for a few miles. 

Everyone always puts their feet in the stirrups and takes it up the back and doesn't use their legs.  If you get your feet under yourself they aren't hard on the back and you can control the machine and raging fan cooled inferno up front 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Bogo special on 2 sleds that don’t run

for a mere $10k I could get one up and running... into a barbed wire fence.

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Everyone always puts their feet in the stirrups and takes it up the back and doesn't use their legs.  If you get your feet under yourself they aren't hard on the back and you can control the machine and raging fan cooled inferno up front 

clearly you've never met the Iowa State Fair corn dog eating champion.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

for a mere $10k I could get one up and running... into a barbed wire fence.

clearly you've never met the Iowa State Fair corn dog eating champion.

Is his name Tony too?

• Haha 1

I have a 2003 800 XCR and a 2003 Edge/XCR 800 the XCR handles like it's on rails but not a big bump machine, the edge rides better but not as fast top end and a little more tippy than the XCR. I sold my IQR with the 800 triple better ride in the bumps but not near the high speed handling.

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

gotta throw in the old zr 800 too. one of the best sledsi ever owned.gas and go.

I had a 2002 ZR8 Cross Country in black…great sled.👊🏻❄️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

precisely what year was Peak Assdragger  before all this comfort and fun factor came along?  2002?  :dunno:

Like 05-06 for cat and Polaris. Doo doo had that rev contraption because they were too cool to ass drag. Late 90s is when the colors peaked though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Ma ex El tee is uh ripper

FB_IMG_1670544085533.jpg

Edited by Sled_Hed
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fortune46x said:

My brother has a mint 2001 srx 700 , sled absolutely sings when its out there but my fuck does my back hurt after riding it for a few miles. 

man the sound of an srx going down the lake. my buddy has one set up for drags, oh boy , what an experience. has a hauck racing 800 big bore , and lots of race parts, race skid, and chisels . he warned me that it doesn't stop as good as it launches. the thing is violent and covers a lake we play on real fast. that's where that not stopping thing matters

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Like 05-06 for cat and Polaris. Doo doo had that rev contraption because they were too cool to ass drag. Late 90s is when the colors peaked though 

only one manufacturer went full tard with pink and purple... 

here's looking at you Polaris!  :bc: