Biden announces $36 billion bailout for union pension plan ???!!!!

2 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I haven't seen anything all day. I  honestly think the country is that far gone where they care more about a sports figure than where their tax money goes. We're just begging to live in a real life idiocracy

imo, this is far bigger than a sports figure.  had this been another couple billion to Ukraine... three to six threads? 

honestly if my buddy hadn't sent it to me... I may have missed it as well? 

if the Rs don't move on it... It makes me even more suspicious and angry.

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Why should there be outrage, it is all part of the plan.

Brittany got five pages here, this barely cracked two? 

These are your tax dollars being thrown at a privately funded pension fund... mine too?

You know who should be really outraged?  Americans between the age of born today and forty, they will ultimately be paying for all of this shit.  😡

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

These are your tax dollars being thrown at a privately funded pension fund... mine too?

You know who should be really outraged?  Americans between the age of born today and forty, they will ultimately be paying for all of this shit.  😡

I’m more outraged over the trillions that The Pentagon “misplaced”.

When are some of you going to finally realize that you’re not suppose to pay attention to this shit and political party affiliation has ZERO to do with it? No politician wants to ACTUALLY fix this shit because if it doesn’t directly benefit them, something similar will one day benefit them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m more outraged over the trillions that The Pentagon “misplaced”.

oversight only comes into play with those not likey benefitting.  ;)

5 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

When are some of you going to finally realize that you’re not suppose to pay attention to this shit and political party affiliation has ZERO to do with it? No politician wants to ACTUALLY fix this shit because if it doesn’t directly benefit them, something similar will one day benefit them. 

right, there's more to this hence the overwhelming lack of coverage. 

Christ, I'm starting to sound just like the loons in here. :lol2:

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Published December 8, 2022 3:29pm EST

did you find it on page 37?

I Googled it to see if any major media had carried the story. Some did but obviously didn't give it much light.

2 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I Googled it to see if any major media had carried the story. Some did but obviously didn't give it much light.

Labor unions donated $27.5 million to Biden’s campaign in 2020.

this is precisely why McCain/Feingold not gaining traction and the Citizen's United decision were an enormous fucking mistake. 

• Like 1

• Crnr2Crnr changed the title to Biden announces $36 billion bailout for union pension plan ???!!!!
7 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

This kinda balances out the Ukraine war. The little people get $36B and the aerospace companies get three times that. 

we're masters of corporate welfare 

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Just call it PPP where corporations and American Oligarchs got billions and billions so everyone is happy. 

'loan forgiveness' I'm opposed to it as well 

I'd love to hear how they attempt to justify just giving thirty six billion dollars to a private pension fund... truly.  

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'd love to hear how they attempt to justify just giving thirty six billion dollars to a private pension fund... truly.  

ERISA among other laws was supposed to protect these plans from this kind of fuckery.  You are dead nuts correct that the D party is paying back one of their benefactors for mismanaging or misappropriating retirement funds.  I doubt you'll hear very much about it in the mainstream media. And no, this is not a both party thing.  Its a D thing.  And far too many of these union leaders are fucking crooks and gangsters, still.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Where did all the pension money go?  They claimed it was fully funded in 2018, now what?  They just added 36 billion + their existing balance?  This is 100% corruption.  Let the union management answer to the rest of the members and maybe some would start to understand.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The country has spent money on worse.