Biden announces $36 billion bailout for union pension plan ???!!!!

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

:bashhead:

I'm going to speculate that the vast majority of truckers these days aren't Democrats.  

I would guess most owner ops aren't but, the company drivers probly are. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

:bashhead:

I'm going to speculate that the vast majority of truckers these days aren't Democrats.  

Doesn't mean their vote can't be bought and I think you would be surprised what party most union truck drivers are. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, racer254 said:

All this does is give a pass to the assholes at the top that fucked up the pension in the first place.

That’s all this does…really?

17 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I would guess most owner ops aren't but, the company drivers probly are. 

ahhhhhh what's another $90B ? 

PPP, sofa sitters, people who haven't been paying their student loans, now truckers pensions... Jesus Christ, where does it end?   

if the Republicans don't seize  opportunities like this... they're dumber than I thought they were.

Our credit card bill just keeps getting worse... 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 2

Take a good look at this from 2018.  Looks like they are purposely trying to devalue the fund to get money and it worked.

Actually, Central States' Pension Plan Is Fully Funded

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ebauer/2018/12/10/actually-central-states-pension-plan-is-fully-funded/?sh=3ac47eeb4134

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

All this does is give a pass to the assholes at the top that fucked up the pension in the first place.

fucknA... isn't Wall Street due for another bailout too?  how about another hand out to fucking afscme as long as we're at it?  

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

fucknA... isn't Wall Street due for another bailout too?  how about another hand out to fucking afscme as long as we're at it?  

If you think I have ever been for any of these bailouts, you are sadly mistaken.

• Like 1

Just now, racer254 said:

If you think I have ever been for any of these bailouts, you are sadly mistaken.

if you want to see my fiscally ultra conservative side... things like this do it.  Blood boiling...

if you want to see my fiscally ultra conservative side... things like this do it.  Blood boiling...

Did you read that link I sent?  The total liability of the whole CENTRAL STATES PENSION PLAN was less than 42 billion.  Now biden just gave them 36 Billion?  Holy fuck.  The plan now only has to cover 6 billion of it's liability!!!

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Did you read that link I sent?  The total liability of the whole CENTRAL STATES PENSION PLAN was less than 42 billion.  Now biden just gave them 36 Billion?  Holy fuck.  The plan now only has to cover 6 billion of it's liability!!!

yes 😡

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It is also a great ROI for the democrats as well. They get a portion of that money back now as well.  Taxpayer money that they never had, given out to a donor, and get it back legally.  Sounds like someone really knows how to legally launder money and make it seem legit.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It is also a great ROI for the democrats as well. They get a portion of that money back now as well.  Taxpayer money that they never had, given out to a donor, and get it back legally.  Sounds like someone really knows how to legally launder money and make it seem legit.

if the Republicans don't make a stink over this they're either incompetent or totally complacent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, racer254 said:

Most are complacent.  And conservative voters understand it and voted accordingly.

you and I clearly don't see eye to eye on much... but has this gone totally unnoticed by the MSM, Twitter and even people here that would normally be out of their fucking minds? 

just got off a 50 minute call from my buddy who sent me the link this morning and he's been waiting all day to hear something about it... and there's been nothing?  he's wilder about this than the student loan and PPP horse shit... especially as a very high earner and tax payer.  

fuckin crazy... and it makes me wonder if there's too much attention being paid to Britt grinder and Hunter's laptop on Twitter.  

real news, and there should be real outrage :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you and I clearly don't see eye to eye on much... but has this gone totally unnoticed by the MSM, Twitter and even people here that would normally be out of their fucking minds? 

just got off a 50 minute call from my buddy who sent me the link this morning and he's been waiting all day to hear something about it... and there's been nothing?  he's wilder about this than the student loan and PPP horse shit... especially as a very high earner and tax payer.  

fuckin crazy... and it makes me wonder if there's too much attention being paid to Britt grinder and Hunter's laptop on Twitter.  

real news, and there should be real outrage :dunno:

The media keeps people occupied with the shiny object over here while the govt fucks you over there. I have friends that can tell you how many touchdowns rogers threw on a monday in November with a full moon but can't take the time to research candidates and go vote

3 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

The media keeps people occupied with the shiny object over here while the govt fucks you over there. I have friends that can tell you how many touchdowns rogers threw on a monday in November with a full moon but can't take the time to research candidates and go vote

I'm serious, where's the befitting outrage over this?  Anything on Fox, News Maxx or ???  

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm serious, where's the befitting outrage over this?  Anything on Fox, News Maxx or ???  

I haven't seen anything all day. I  honestly think the country is that far gone where they care more about a sports figure than where their tax money goes. We're just begging to live in a real life idiocracy