Ted Cruz's daughter, 14, is hospitalized with self-inflicted knife wounds

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Nothing better to do today than scream at racer?

or any other republican?

Your life sucks face it. You’ve laid all out here..

Really…enlighten me.🤔

49 minutes ago, old indy said:

Finding qualified, and good people to work in the mental health field is next to impossible.  The majority of those ive dealt with at the hands on level over the last ,,,,45+ years are Not very good people.  as a matter of fact most of them around here are new to the country and took a state job for the bennies, nothing more.   sad as it may be its the way it is.

Solid practicum programs are very difficult for graduate students to find and attend. Thus, real world experience is lacking with many. It takes about 10,000 hours of actual application before you really understand what’s required to be good and effective at the job. It’s a steep and long learning curve. 

My daughter is in her 4th and last year of nursing school. This semester her class was supposed to do a clinical rotation with mental health services. The were not able to, because the mental health facilities and hospital wings are short staffed and can't waste time with students. That had to have a 'remote' clinical. Bull shit educational experience..

If students can't get exposed to that type of healthcare or nursing, it is less likely one will pursue that oath. Catch 22.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MILFMAN said:

My daughter is in her 4th and last year of nursing school. This semester her class was supposed to do a clinical rotation with mental health services. The were not able to, because the mental health facilities and hospital wings are short staffed and can't waste time with students. That had to have a 'remote' clinical. Bull shit educational experience..

If students can't get exposed to that type of healthcare or nursing, it is less likely one will pursue that oath. Catch 22.

What your daughter is experiencing is a very common situation that’s confined not only to mental health. It’s also common place in other healthcare professions. We are on the verge of a health care worker shortage that’s never been seen before. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

What your daughter is experiencing is a very common situation that’s confined not only to mental health. It’s also common place in other healthcare professions. We are on the verge of a health care worker shortage that’s never been seen before. 

My daughter has a BS and is now in her first year of Nursing School…she  also works at hospital as a care aide on a Cardiac Floor but they float her to different floors quite often. It sounds like the shortages are here not to mention a broken system with a serious lack of facilities for the elderly and mentally ill. 

Just now, racer254 said:

When is the last time you helped a snowmobile club mark trails or do any trail maintenance?

Is that your full time job now?  :dunno:  Trail Boss/Meeting/Rally Surrogate?

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

When is the last time you helped a snowmobile club mark trails or do any trail maintenance?

Given your question - you just have just finished :lmao: 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My daughter has a BS and is now in her first year of Nursing School…she  also works at hospital as a care aide on a Cardiac Floor but they float her to different floors quite often. It sounds like the shortages are here not to mention a broken system with a serious lack of facilities for the elderly and mentally ill. 

Nailed it. We have a holding unit for those waiting to be sent to skilled nursing facilities and there aren't any available. They've backed up into the rest of the hospital and occupy beds that the more acute patients need causing us to divert sick patients to other facilities that are likely experiencing the same issues. 

• Like 1

Just now, soeaster said:

Nailed it. We have a holding unit for those waiting to be sent to skilled nursing facilities and there aren't any available. They've backed up into the rest of the hospital and occupy beds that the more acute patients need causing us to divert sick patients to other facilities that are likely experiencing the same issues. 

Same thing she said…bad situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Is that your full time job now?  :dunno:  Trail Boss/Meeting/Rally Surrogate?

:lol: 

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Given your question - you just have just finished :lmao: 

I guess that is your way of saying to the clubs to go fuck themselves?

19 hours ago, hayward said:

When I was in grade school, there was some sick fad going around at the time.  I think it was rubbing your skin on your wrist or arm with an eraser until it burnt through or something like that?  Can't remember exactly.  I got bitched at enough just for writing a note or a phone number on my skin to never even think about something that serious.

Kids have been doing fucked up shit for a while now.  

18 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Around here it was called a punk test and it was done with a thumbnail on your wrist, one kid got a pretty bad infection from it.

I saw a documentary a while back about this guy with dissociative personality disorder or something like that who put lye on the back of his hand.  Supposedly the pain would make him feel like a monkey shot into space, greatest moment of his life etc.  Must have been a real rush but it looked like it did some serious damage, luckily he had some vinegar on hand to neutralize it. 

3 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I saw a documentary a while back about this guy with dissociative personality disorder or something like that who put lye on the back of his hand.  Supposedly the pain would make him feel like a monkey shot into space, greatest moment of his life etc.  Must have been a real rush but it looked like it did some serious damage, luckily he had some vinegar on hand to neutralize it. 

Thats fucked up.

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2022 at 8:06 PM, f7ben said:

Well if they would have told the truth about what Paul was actually doing instead of the most ridiculous fucked up bullshit coverup ever then we all could have wished him to get real help

Poor Karen2Karen.

21 hours ago, old indy said:

Finding qualified, and good people to work in the mental health field is next to impossible.  The majority of those ive dealt with at the hands on level over the last ,,,,45+ years are Not very good people.  as a matter of fact most of them around here are new to the country and took a state job for the bennies, nothing more.   sad as it may be its the way it is.

Having a few screws loose kinda goes with the field.

32 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Having a few screws loose kinda goes with the field.

well no question youve got to be a special kind of person to stay with it. talk about thankless.     not only do you have to manage the bizarre day to day dealing with the mentally ill you have to stay in the states guide lines doing it.  often times those guidelines dont address the individual needs of the patient.    

With all the right wing laws Ted supports - wonder if his family will be investigated by Abbot’s Army beings his daughter supposedly part of the 🏳️‍🌈 community.  The state better check it out….:dunno:

Karma…..

1 hour ago, old indy said:

well no question youve got to be a special kind of person to stay with it. talk about thankless.     not only do you have to manage the bizarre day to day dealing with the mentally ill you have to stay in the states guide lines doing it.  often times those guidelines dont address the individual needs of the patient.    

The federal and state guidelines have piled up during the last 6 years. Especially during Covid. While us in the trenches were working face to face with people, the muffin heads at the state were coming up with even more restrictive policies from their offices via Zoom. There’s really zero respect that anyone working in mental health receives. New graduates need to be prepared for that. Either they get a tough skin or they don’t last. The criminalization of mental health is an entirely different issue that’s real. The spiraling of crime is in part due this new approach. Despite all of that, it’s damn rewarding work. 

• Like 1

In my early teens we see this painted on the side of a bridge while we were fishing, it always stuck with me, there use to be signs at either end of the bridge with a Phone number for help. 

If Suicide Is The Answer  - - What Was The Question????