$17.6 Billion Surplus

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

since no one has asked, where did the surplus come from? 

There is a carryover from the last year of 7B that was not spent.  It seems hard to believe, but there was money left on the table. 

Budgets are biennial, so the overall dollars belong to a two year frame.

In the last year they reduced? K - 12 spending because of less students.  It does seem hard to believe, but the chunk of money is pretty big.  There was some help from the feds on healthcare.

Inflation sucks, but when you tax dollars spent, the numbers will rise when people buy the same things.  People are buying more, so the revenue number is really climbing.  The dollars are worth a little less, but their numbers are growing faster than inflation.  An actual recession would change the surplus considerably.

There is also a crazy side to some of the other numbers. Gambling revenue, from the E pulltabs, dedicated to paying for the new stadium has gone up too.  I don't think that falls under the surplus dollars.  It's a lot of money from a small source.  Enough to pay off the bill dang early.

I'm not a fan of spending money just because it is there.  I sure hope we don't go down that path.

Again, I want to state that the rural areas need to get involved.  A bunch of the money will get spent no matter what.  We can sit at the end of our driveways and complain, or we can do something.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, favoritos said:

There is a carryover from the last year of 7B that was not spent.  It seems hard to believe, but there was money left on the table. 

Budgets are biennial, so the overall dollars belong to a two year frame.

In the last year they reduced? K - 12 spending because of less students.  It does seem hard to believe, but the chunk of money is pretty big.  There was some help from the feds on healthcare.

Inflation sucks, but when you tax dollars spent, the numbers will rise when people buy the same things.  People are buying more, so the revenue number is really climbing.  The dollars are worth a little less, but their numbers are growing faster than inflation.  An actual recession would change the surplus considerably.

There is also a crazy side to some of the other numbers. Gambling revenue, from the E pulltabs, dedicated to paying for the new stadium has gone up too.  I don't think that falls under the surplus dollars.  It's a lot of money from a small source.  Enough to pay off the bill dang early.

I'm not a fan of spending money just because it is there.  I sure hope we don't go down that path.

Again, I want to state that the rural areas need to get involved.  A bunch of the money will get spent no matter what.  We can sit at the end of our driveways and complain, or we can do something.

staggering...

do enough people actually care or is this just a blip on the radar they're ignoring?

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

staggering...

do enough people actually care or is this just a blip on the radar they're ignoring?

People care ,,, but according to leftists they’re racist for not wanting to shower more money on fraud 

1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

People care ,,, but according to leftists they’re racist for not wanting to shower more money on fraud 

you should practice using words and phrases that are less cryptic and possibly your own.  ;)

1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

More nuthin, you’re as clever as MCLiar 

9_9

did you fall down two flights of stairs the last time

you should seriously consider that hockey helmet to sleep in... I'm concerned about you.

pat-on-head-gif-9.gif

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you should practice using words and phrases that are less cryptic and possibly your own.  ;)

I see you’re getting a dose of Creeper :lol: 

• Haha 1