$17.6 Billion Surplus

Who wants to bet that they take at least 1/2 of the 17.6 for pet projects and other things before they even thing about giving us our Walzy bucks?

I wouldn't be one bit shocked if they manage to spend $10b of the surplus and give the taxpayers (businesses/corporations too) a pittance in return.  

On 12/7/2022 at 10:09 AM, favoritos said:

I wonder what we would say if there was a minus sign in front of that number?

I agree that it feels like they are playing with our money already partially paid. - The last part based on the "biennium" nature of budgets.  Obviously some of the bucks rolled in from the feds and that helped the numbers grow.  But, I'm sure there is a long list of people waiting with their hands open while somebody is ready to start writing checks.

We can sit around bitching and pretending there is no plan.  It's foolish.  There are tons of people with plans.  I feel like it's our job to make sure those one time and legacy programs don't get all the air time.  Right now, they are.

The next budget proposal is mandated to be released by the end of Jan.  We can sit around and complain until then, and complain more after the proposal is public.  Or, we can actually do something.

My time is split between two parts of this state.  Outstate and metro.  I'm not a fan of the metro, but it's my reality of life.  I choose to spend as much time outstate as I can.  I will note that there is a big contrast in how people deal with big issues.  When problems arise outstate, people generally buckle down and get it done.  I like that approach.  In the metro, people get organized, get in front of decision makers, and get money to get things done.

I hate to say it, but the outstate crowd is missing an opportunity if they don't play in this round.  There are big bucks at stake and the metro crowd is already in the game.  It's our time (outstate) to speak up, do something, and affect the outcome.

since no one has asked, where did the surplus come from? 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

rainy day fund?

They used the $6B they had last year for that - this is ANOTHER $17B.  Listening to the fully Democratic run State "officials", sounds like EVERYONE has their hands out.  Even talking $10B for schools I heard one person say.  They NEVER have enough for schools it seems.  :handjob:

1 minute ago, Mag6240 said:

They used the $6B they had last year for that - this is ANOTHER $17B.  Listening to the fully Democratic run State "officials", sounds like EVERYONE has their hands out.  Even talking $10B for schools I heard one person say.  They NEVER have enough for schools it seems.  :handjob:

if they overtaxed you guys on specific things, then possibly those are the things they need to ease up on?  IDK, but the $ didn't come out of thin air and imo it shouldn't be a money grabbing free for all.  it belongs to the people who were overcharged. 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

if they overtaxed you guys on specific things, then possibly those are the things they need to ease up on?  IDK, but the $ didn't come out of thin air and imo it shouldn't be a money grabbing free for all.  it belongs to the people who were overcharged. 

EXACTLY - but that is definitely NOT how they have been talking about it.  They have mentioned they would be willing to surrender taxing SS benefits, which Sconnie already does.  That might keep me from moving your direction when I retire... but they have said that's "Only" about $500M in revenue, and those lawmakers in charge of it are NOT in favor of it, despite 81% of the public polled being in favor of it.  68% want some sort of a refund, which NONE of the lawmakers are even willing to discuss.  Personnally I'd like to see actual tax CUTS, but we all know that will never happen...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

EXACTLY - but that is definitely NOT how they have been talking about it.  They have mentioned they would be willing to surrender taxing SS benefits, which Sconnie already does.  That might keep me from moving your direction when I retire... but they have said that's "Only" about $500M in revenue, and those lawmakers in charge of it are NOT in favor of it, despite 81% of the public polled being in favor of it.  68% want some sort of a refund, which NONE of the lawmakers are even willing to discuss.  Personnally I'd like to see actual tax CUTS, but we all know that will never happen...

have you considered calling JG Wentworth yet?

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Personnally I'd like to see actual tax CUTS, but we all know that will never happen...

x100 

This state is such a magnificent pile of shit.  The California of the Midwest :wall:

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 9:28 PM, SnowRider said:

Paying into not leaching from in the guise of ‘deficiency’ payments.  

Well, why doesn’t your political party of choice stop it then? They run plenty of the states and the country. Get on your batshitcrazy phone and call Joey up! 

On 12/7/2022 at 1:36 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

Why don't you post a photo pop yourself. Let's have some fun. Or are you too much of a fucking coward?

Hello Pot? 

On 12/7/2022 at 1:51 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

Offended? No. I just find it rather pathetic when grown men act like a group of female psychopaths. 

Speaking of female psychopaths. Are you listening to yourself or should you maybe log in under your OTHER username and try again? 

17 minutes ago, Bontz said:

x100 

This state is such a magnificent pile of shit.  The California of the Midwest :wall:

Michigan is about to tell MN to hold my beer and watch this so don’t go hogging that title to yourselves up there just yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Well, why doesn’t your political party of choice stop it then? They run plenty of the states and the country. Get on your batshitcrazy phone and call Joey up! 

Hello Pot? 

Speaking of female psychopaths. Are you listening to yourself or should you maybe log in under your OTHER username and try again? 

Michigan is about to tell MN to hold my beer and watch this so don’t go hogging that title to yourselves up there just yet. 

D’s are the party of fiscal responsibility.  You’re an ignorant fuck of you believe Repugs are. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

D’s are the party of fiscal responsibility.  You’re an ignorant fuck of you believe Repugs are. 

Listen to the voice of reason!! LOL  Yeah, the Dem's have been petrified of opening the checkbook of the US over the past several years.  I used to think you were just a troll, but nope ... you're a complete dumb fuck.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Listen to the voice of reason!! LOL  Yeah, the Dem's have been petrified of opening the checkbook of the US over the past several years.  I used to think you were just a troll, but nope ... you're a complete dumb fuck.

It’s a simple fact.  Deficits are reduced when D’s are in control.  Repugs cut taxes and spend like drunken sailors.  Easily researched and irrefutable.  40 years of trickled on has proven to be a failure.  

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

It’s a simple fact.  Deficits are reduced when D’s are in control.  Repugs cut taxes and spend like drunken sailors.  Easily researched and irrefutable.  40 years of trickled on has proven to be a failure.  

40 years you say … how about just the last two?

31 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lol:

Just now, Sleepr2 said:

That’s why Walzs want to send a small check to everyone and more to families rather than cut taxes on the actual taxpayers 

And call it Walz bucks like it's all his personal money. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Tell us you’re a complete fucking dolt, without actually telling us, you’re a complete fucking dolt. 

Perfect answer, btw. In stellar time, a near perfectly executed deflection. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1