$17.6 Billion Surplus

A $17.6 billion dollar surplus and a month away from 1 party controlling the state house, the state senate, and the governorship.

And no talks of tax cuts in sight.

This is going to be just great.  

Going to get me some Walzy Bucks and I'm sure they'll spend my excess money.

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I heard they're going to build an equivalent to Mount Rushmore ... Walz, Ellison, Omar .... and George Floyd :whistle:

Money well spent!! LOL

They better call it a gun range because one 308 round after another will deface those fucking commies!!!!!

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

They better call it a gun range because one 308 round after another will deface those fucking commies!!!!!

Won't be able to have those if the fucktards get their way....

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Nah, we'll use "one time money" on something that is a continuing expense.  Then we have a reason to have more taxes!

Don’t you farm and get subsidies and tax breaks? 

I wonder what we would say if there was a minus sign in front of that number?

I agree that it feels like they are playing with our money already partially paid. - The last part based on the "biennium" nature of budgets.  Obviously some of the bucks rolled in from the feds and that helped the numbers grow.  But, I'm sure there is a long list of people waiting with their hands open while somebody is ready to start writing checks.

We can sit around bitching and pretending there is no plan.  It's foolish.  There are tons of people with plans.  I feel like it's our job to make sure those one time and legacy programs don't get all the air time.  Right now, they are.

The next budget proposal is mandated to be released by the end of Jan.  We can sit around and complain until then, and complain more after the proposal is public.  Or, we can actually do something.

My time is split between two parts of this state.  Outstate and metro.  I'm not a fan of the metro, but it's my reality of life.  I choose to spend as much time outstate as I can.  I will note that there is a big contrast in how people deal with big issues.  When problems arise outstate, people generally buckle down and get it done.  I like that approach.  In the metro, people get organized, get in front of decision makers, and get money to get things done.

I hate to say it, but the outstate crowd is missing an opportunity if they don't play in this round.  There are big bucks at stake and the metro crowd is already in the game.  It's our time (outstate) to speak up, do something, and affect the outcome.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

And isn't this 17.6 nearly triple what it was last year?  And STILL no talks of tax cuts??  FFS.

Exactly, if there is that much of a surplus, the peasants have been over taxed and it should be given back but no, can't do the obvious.

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Why don't you post a photo pop yourself. Let's have some fun. Or are you too much of a fucking coward?

You seem more offended by that pic than SR is. 

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Exactly, if there is that much of a surplus, the peasants have been over taxed and it should be given back but no, can't do the obvious.

You seem more offended by that pic than SR is. 

Offended? No. I just find it rather pathetic when grown men act like a group of female psychopaths. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Offended? No. I just find it rather pathetic when grown men act like a group of female psychopaths. 

Relax dude, it's just a funny pic. Psychopath is a bit of a reach don't you think? :lmao:

29 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

If it was coming from a place of fun I’d agree. It’s coming from a place of ridicule….and given the history of the jackals here with him, cruelty. 

History shows that nobody deserves it more than SR. Like I said, you're more concerned about it than he is, relax.                Cruelty? :lmao:

• Thanks 1