NDP are starting to break rank with Trudeau, calling his plan to ban almost all guns as a massive unjust over reach

Rod

8 minutes ago, HSR said:

We need the Native community to get on board with "traditional hunting" rights , works every time . Why they aren't outraged is beyond me.

I can’t see how the NDP can justify this to them 

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, ACE said:

You think? That’s their main voters

when its a core part of the agenda such as this, they do not care.just like no one was exempt from the mandates.when they want it, they do not give a fuck 

when its a throw away issue and they can virtue signal it, sure, theyll throw them a bone. not when its something they need.

Edited by ZR800efi
  • Like 1

Just now, ZR800efi said:

when its a core part of the agenda such as this, they do not care.just like no one was exempt from the mandates.when they want it, they do not give a fuck 

I hope you’re wrong. Indians don’t like being told what to do when it comes to hunting and nor should they 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, ACE said:

I hope you’re wrong. Indians don’t like being told what to do when it comes to hunting and nor should they 

public safety' will trump there treaty or cultural rights. even though we all know thats nonsense, its the hill they will die on.

they need to protect thereself at all cost cause they know the next phase will create real outrage. 

also , the tripling of tax, inflationary spending, reducing farmers crops , and eliminating much of the publics ability to hunt as an alternative makes perfect sense in this context of control. they want abesolute power. none of there reasons add up. it dont take a genus to see the motives are not what they say they are.

Edited by ZR800efi

11 hours ago, ZR800efi said:

public safety' will trump there treaty or cultural rights. even though we all know thats nonsense, its the hill they will die on.

they need to protect thereself at all cost cause they know the next phase will create real outrage. 

also , the tripling of tax, inflationary spending, reducing farmers crops , and eliminating much of the publics ability to hunt as an alternative makes perfect sense in this context of control. they want abesolute power. none of there reasons add up. it dont take a genus to see the motives are not what they say they are.

Natives get what they want, every time.

• Gold Member
40 minutes ago, HSR said:

Talk to your Band leader :thumb:

ill call him tomorrow and see what he got to say. i wouldnt put much faith in it mattering but atleast i can say tried

Edited by ZR800efi
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

ill call him tomorrow and see what he got to say. i wouldnt put much faith in it mattering but atleast i can say tried

Oh it will matter :thumb: now feel free to tell me to fuck off but IMHO you should get more involved with your Band. My friends here do and there is many benefits to it. 

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, HSR said:

Oh it will matter :thumb: now feel free to tell me to fuck off but IMHO you should get more involved with your Band. My friends here do and there is many benefits to it. 

i just got off the phone with the band office.there hours are 9am--4pm but left a detailed message and my number to get in contact with me. I expressed concern how this upcoming gun ban proposed by the liberal government is a blow to our ability to hunt and thus a blow to our culture.

asked what the bands official stance on this is exactly and if there was going to be push back on this issue .if there is and i can assist / participate in any way , im fully on board and willing to volenteer.

we will see what they got to say.I will let you guys know.

as far as being involved in the band politics , i normally stay out.this is the first issue i have ever voiced an opinion on with them.

Edited by ZR800efi
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

i just got off the phone with the band office.there hours are 9am--4pm but left a detailed message and my number to get in contact with me. I expressed concern how this upcoming gun ban proposed by the liberal government is a blow to our ability to hunt and thus a blow to our culture.

asked what the bands official stance on this is exactly and if there was going to be push back on this issue .if there is and i can assist / participate in any way , im fully on board and willing to volenteer.

we will see what they got to say.I will let you guys know.

as far as being involved in the band politics , i normally stay out.this is the first issue i have ever voiced an opinion on with them.

Good deal 

us western white guys are basically powerless on this one. Natives could make the difference 

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, ACE said:

Good deal 

us western white guys are basically powerless on this one. Natives could make the difference 

im quite possibly more white then you are but the government has deemed me a status native so i don't argue.lol.

im also a founding member of my band, which is crazy haha

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

im quite possibly more white then you are but the government has deemed me a status native so i don't argue.lol.

im also a founding member of my band, which is crazy haha

Do you have hunting and fishing rights on your treaty land?

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, HSR said:

Do you have hunting and fishing rights on your treaty land?

a 'landless band act ' was put into place for us..i do not live on a reserve nor do i have special hunting or fishing privileges

atleast not that im aware of anyway. i do have a status card with dental, vision and health insurances provided and can buy things tax free if i visit a reserve. 

I am not exempt from income taxes or any other taxes incurred not on a reservation. i get raped on taxes just like everyone else , but when i purchased my atv and car i saved the taxes by having it shipped to a reserve.

its complicated. we are recognized officially as first nation. 

Edited by ZR800efi
  • Thanks 1