inflation, the COL & who's f'ing you the hardest? (NO POLITICS?)

10 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Groceries and hospital/health insurance. Those two things drain the old wallet like nothing else.

health insurance 💰 🏆 

have many comments but will refrain. ;)

37 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

for a commercial or personal use truck?   

I can't ever recall seeing such a divergence in fuel prices... $2.82 87 octane and $4.25 diesel locally.  

It's an f350 i use commercially but it's also my daily driver when I'm home.  The difference between gas and diesel has never been this much. Even the prices from town to town in the same area are way different. 5.34 diesel in my town, 10 mi away 4.99. You are only a couple hrs south and almost $1 gal cheaper

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

It's an f350 i use commercially but it's also my daily driver when I'm home.  The difference between gas and diesel has never been this much. Even the prices from town to town in the same area are way different. 5.34 diesel in my town, 10 mi away 4.99. You are only a couple hrs south and almost $1 gal cheaper

Round here it is anywhere from $5.49- $ 5.99

Just now, steve from amherst said:

With the price of fuel, emissions bs, maintenance costs and reliability my next truck probably won't be a diesel. I just need to find a legal way to carry more gas in a auxiliary tank. 

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

With the price of fuel, emissions bs, maintenance costs and reliability my next truck probably won't be a diesel. I just need to find a legal way to carry more gas in a auxiliary tank. 

This one is my last. No benefit anymore.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Ok, so it's a higher cost of doing business rather than a cost of living.  At least you have a write-off you can personally utilize. 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Ok, so it's a higher cost of doing business rather than a cost of living.  At least you have a write-off you can personally utilize. 

Im a 1 man operation so It's still a cost of living for me, less money in my pocket every week.  Not really bitching, it is what it is. 

• Like 1

World wide neoliberal policies are to blame for hyperinflation 

the world is very hand to mouth on goods so when neoliberals demanded the shutdown of production over a cold in conjunction with massive spending this is what you get 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Diesel is insane right now, and a high driver of inflation.  Everything comes by truck, most of them diesel.  I'm glad my truck takes regular, but the boat uses diesel.  Right now its over 7 bucks a gallon at the marina.  Ridiculous.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Diesel is insane right now, and a high driver of inflation.  Everything comes by truck, most of them diesel.  I'm glad my truck takes regular, but the boat uses diesel.  Right now its over 7 bucks a gallon at the marina.  Ridiculous.

That is a lot of the reason for increases in groceries and other shit.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

health insurance 💰 🏆 

have many comments but will refrain. ;)

Don’t even get me started on insurance it’s ridiculous the cost. I haven’t had insurance for years but I get prices every year. Here’s what I got from my job for family plan lol seems reasonable.72E51C63-04A8-4245-BDFD-2C549582E1DF.thumb.png.db42fce27f220cc0cc32b8d8bd533b06.png

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Don’t even get me started on insurance it’s ridiculous the cost. I haven’t had insurance for years but I get prices every year. Here’s what I got from my job for family plan lol seems reasonable.72E51C63-04A8-4245-BDFD-2C549582E1DF.thumb.png.db42fce27f220cc0cc32b8d8bd533b06.png

Insurance is getting borderline unusable 

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

Insurance is getting borderline unusable 

How does ins work in canada? Do you get basic free coverage then can you buy ins for better coverage? Only asking because I've been thinking about relocating to alberta or bc for awhile

• Gold Member

Their plan is working ....Joe Biden and the Democrats dont want you to own a Diesel Truck. :news:

Oh thats right no politics on a topic pretty much directly related to politics. 

Edited by EvilBird

18 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Their plan is working ....Joe Biden and the Democrats dont want you to own a Diesel Truck. :news:

Its actually documented in the plan, but its all private car ownership.  But its still a conspiracy.  

• Gold Member
27 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

There is no law currently in place to prevent you from owning a diesel truck other then your own pocketbook….  

Coworker just got his 2022 mega cab 3500 high output Cummins.  He had no troubles getting it, or buying diesel for it.

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

There is no law currently in place to prevent you from owning a diesel truck other then your own pocketbook….  

Coworker just got his 2022 mega cab 3500 high output Cummins.  He had no troubles getting it, or buying diesel for it.

It's the passive aggressive way to get what they ultimately want, without the politicians making laws that would directly point it out

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

It's the passive aggressive way to get what they ultimately want, without the politicians making laws that would directly point it out

Nothing stopping anybody from buy diesel trucks and the fuel other then the self imposed limits of the individual.