how much of your big bore or turbo power do you consistently utilize?

5 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Your calculations are all off because the 129 is spinning up the face of each one while the 137 dead hooks.  Track speed ≠ land speed.  Unless you're on a 137.

fuck, I forgot the track length variable.  

maybe someone can sort both equations?

I'm a simple dummy. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

What about a mountain sled that spins the track at 90 mph all the time but only moves about 10mph across the snow?

don't drag that nonsense into this, I'm still gutted about Kenny gettin kilt.  :(

also, it's PBR night because Monday 

35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

fuck, I forgot the track length variable.  

maybe someone can sort both equations?

I'm a simple dummy. :dunno:

don't drag that nonsense into this, I'm still gutted about Kenny gettin kilt.  :(

also, it's PBR night because Monday 

Polar bear restyle night eh?

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Okay, gotta go... daughter and I are wrapping birthday presents and rocking some Barry White for the wife.  Don't forget to help blow up her phone with texts.  :lol:

IMG_20221212_215035307.jpg

I will think of something tomorrow lol

13 hours ago, Bontz said:

I haven't looked at my XCR, but I know when we've kind of joked about this topic within our riding group - most of us were around 26mph to 30mph average (odometer / hours math).  I bet my XCR is incredibly low, given how long it takes to warm up vs. my previous 800's and 850's.  I think the highest number I saw for a 2-season sled was 29-point-something & that was on my 2016 Pro-X.

It's funny that you mention the warm up time.  I'm a bit of a stickler for letting them "warm up" before it's hammer time.  I used to check the coolers and when they felt warm, I figured it was ok to start slow riding until they came up to full temp.

I'm mostly riding Cat sleds and they switched to a two stage thermostat years ago.  I don't know if it's the thermostat or different flow, but it takes longer to reach running temps now.  I can go and make a sandwich while I'm waiting on some of those cold days.  In the old days, I had a few sleds with higher average speeds, but I didn't have time to take a piss before the sled was up to running temps.

I've never timed them to see how much longer they take now, but it is a significant increase in time.  It probably adds up a lot when you do that every day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, favoritos said:

It's funny that you mention the warm up time.  I'm a bit of a stickler for letting them "warm up" before it's hammer time.  I used to check the coolers and when they felt warm, I figured it was ok to start slow riding until they came up to full temp.

I'm mostly riding Cat sleds and they switched to a two stage thermostat years ago.  I don't know if it's the thermostat or different flow, but it takes longer to reach running temps now.  I can go and make a sandwich while I'm waiting on some of those cold days.  In the old days, I had a few sleds with higher average speeds, but I didn't have time to take a piss before the sled was up to running temps.

I've never timed them to see how much longer they take now, but it is a significant increase in time.  It probably adds up a lot when you do that every day.

Call mr bacon. I bet he knows to the minute for the sleds. And his tractors, trucks, ect. That would be a random number he would know off the top of his head lol

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Call mr bacon. I bet he knows to the minute for the sleds. And his tractors, trucks, ect. That would be a random number he would know off the top of his head lol

That's funny as hell and so true.

For the rest of you guys, I'll give a little back story.

Most of the time I ride with this bud who is a "numbers person" in every possible way.  He farms a fair number of acres and raises quite a few hogs too.  His operation is by the numbers.  And he knows the numbers.  He can rattle off the cost breakdown of an equipment purchase to cents an acre while adding in depreciation, fuel, interest, etc.  Ask how many hours are on the combines, tractors, other equipment, or vehicle odometers, he knows exactly how many.  Those numbers are rattling around in his head all day long.

The numbers thinking rolls over into sledding.  We will fill all the sleds and he's doing the mileage math on each one as the nozzle clicks.  If we talk about options for trails on the day, he says that's 26.4 miles + 18.1 after the intersection, bla, bla, bla.  The numbers are right there and they are dead on.  He could also tell you the average mph of any one of our sleds right off the top of his head.

Our group usually stays in places where we can cook.  He brings bacon.  Don't know his butcher, but the bacon is dang good.  One place we stayed for years was owned by an older couple.  It was common to have them join for breakfast and the bacon was their thing.  The old lady just started to call him Mr Bacon.  That rolled over to everyone else using the same term.  In that part of the U.P. he is known as the bacon man.  Ironically, his first name is Kevin. ;)

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Okay, gotta go... daughter and I are wrapping birthday presents and rocking some Barry White for the wife.  Don't forget to help blow up her phone with texts.  :lol:

IMG_20221212_215035307.jpg

Shouldn't that title be "Greatest Hit"?

3 hours ago, favoritos said:

That's funny as hell and so true.

For the rest of you guys, I'll give a little back story.

Most of the time I ride with this bud who is a "numbers person" in every possible way.  He farms a fair number of acres and raises quite a few hogs too.  His operation is by the numbers.  And he knows the numbers.  He can rattle off the cost breakdown of an equipment purchase to cents an acre while adding in depreciation, fuel, interest, etc.  Ask how many hours are on the combines, tractors, other equipment, or vehicle odometers, he knows exactly how many.  Those numbers are rattling around in his head all day long.

The numbers thinking rolls over into sledding.  We will fill all the sleds and he's doing the mileage math on each one as the nozzle clicks.  If we talk about options for trails on the day, he says that's 26.4 miles + 18.1 after the intersection, bla, bla, bla.  The numbers are right there and they are dead on.  He could also tell you the average mph of any one of our sleds right off the top of his head.

Our group usually stays in places where we can cook.  He brings bacon.  Don't know his butcher, but the bacon is dang good.  One place we stayed for years was owned by an older couple.  It was common to have them join for breakfast and the bacon was their thing.  The old lady just started to call him Mr Bacon.  That rolled over to everyone else using the same term.  In that part of the U.P. he is known as the bacon man.  Ironically, his first name is Kevin. ;)

That is too damn funny!! LOL  Maybe you should nickname him Raymond (Rainman), given his numbers skills!!

5 hours ago, Gym Ramstud said:

Gym uses all the power.  Then Gym hits 50mph.  Then Gym uses all the power again.  Then Gym hits 50mph.  Then Gym uses all the power again.  Then Gym stops at the stop sign.  Then Gym uses all the power again.       

Gym is not very smooth on the throttle 

After hopping on a buddy's new 900R Doo Renny yesterday playing in the fields, yeah... if I ran lakes, rail beds or just high speed areas on a regular basis, I get it.   Kinda' addictive tbh.   Makes good noises in sport mode.  Like it, but don't need it.        

Edited by Crnr2Crnr