President dementia is pissing off the rail workers.

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

My hope is the rail workers shut the fucking economy down. 

I can see that point. 

I'd think many of us are well insulated from that.

Others not so much.

I could survive for months, if not years without outside intervention.

We had rail blockades by natives recently. 

A few of the biggest factors in the rail line shut downs were a lack of propane to heat homes, liquid chlorine to sanitize municipal water.

Those are real world problems.

The Union knows that.

They have at least an off suit trump card.

Joe will cave.

This won't be a missed Amazon shipment

People could freeze, or get sick from bad water.

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Yes but Democrats used to be for the little guy, not any more. We will continue to see labor problems in this country until 2 things happen for "real" workers..........compensation and appreciation. It's astonishing how this country disparages real work any more................"I must polish an office chair and tap a keyboard all day". :lmao:

The democrats were never for the little guy. That’s bullshit. Neither are the republicans. 

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The democrats were never for the little guy. That’s bullshit. Neither are the republicans. 

Been trying to tell my Union friends for years.  They are living in the old days when the Dems were supposedly for the working man.  Now they are for the people who don't want to work, the Elites and huge Corporations.

24 minutes ago, Edmo said:

It would be quite comical if this whole open border thing blew up in their face. :lol: 

It is. Hispanics are a very traditional family type of people and they hate illegals too. They also hate how dems want everyone to be a tranny and they really hate being told they have to refer to themselves as Latinx 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

It is. Hispanics are a very traditional family type of people and they hate illegals too. They also hate how dems want everyone to be a tranny and they really hate being told they have to refer to themselves as Latinx 

Seems like the 2nd generation Hispanics in my area are all leaning towards the Right nowadays.

The basic request of paid sick time is what gets me. How can a week of sick time be a deal breaker for the railroads where other less profitable industries bare that cost without complaints. Then the Dems separated the legislation so that the deal can go forward without the sick time included. Dems have screwed the Union so that Biden can get a photo op.

Corrupt politicians?

I have spent many hours watching yours.

I've now got to focus on our Dope.

He and his ilk think banning legal gun owners from owning firearms will protect the country from hand guns in the hands of gang bangers.

Lunacy.

7 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Dems are way ahead on corporate money. Dems voters are more willing to tolerate corrupt politicians as long as they are on their side. 

Modern dem voters are exactly what bush Jr voters were 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Biden just signed the bill averting a shutdown.

How will that work out?

Our leader passed a law that said a union couldn't strike....but they did anyway.

Our supreme leader is getting ready to pass a law you can't own certain firearms.

People can make their own minds up.

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

The basic request of paid sick time is what gets me. How can a week of sick time be a deal breaker for the railroads where other less profitable industries bare that cost without complaints. Then the Dems separated the legislation so that the deal can go forward without the sick time included. Dems have screwed the Union so that Biden can get a photo op.

It’s more than sick time. It’s outright abuse of the workforce. Guys are out for weeks without time home. This shit has been this way since the “80’s. Make any noise and the company goons will bust you down hard. Replacement engineers were a done a dozen. The last straw was going to the point system. Given the recent worker shortage, the power is now in the workers hands. I hope they fuck em hard. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Govt should not be mandating sick leave for an industry.   I'm not opposed to govt forcing workers in certain scenario's to work while a contract is ironed out but its not the job of govt to force what's in the contract.  Its debatable whether or not this is a situation where the govt should be able to force the union to work.  

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Govt should not be mandating sick leave for an industry.   I'm not opposed to govt forcing workers in certain scenario's to work while a contract is ironed out but its not the job of govt to force what's in the contract.  Its debatable whether or not this is a situation where the govt should be able to force the union to work.  

I think there was a law passed years ago allowing government to intervene with the railroads labor. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I think there was a law passed years ago allowing government to intervene with the railroads labor. 

Likely because some of that industry (passenger) absolutely cannot survive on its own. 

The two cargo/passenger should be handled differently. 

https://www.enotrans.org/article/amtrak-concedes-perpetual-1-billion-year-operating-losses/

Amtrak Concedes Perpetual $1 Billion/Year Operating Losses

Edited by Highmark