My buddy stopped by today

This was my big boy Walter. Put him down in 2017. He was a field trials lab that had an impressive bloodline. He grew to 115 pounds. Friendly, super fast and strong. I wouldn't dare take him on retrieve training with other dogs. He'd almost kill the other dogs getting to the dummy. The guy was a mutant. He had this strange ability to jump near vertical and lick you in the face while in mid air. I could never break of that habit with strangers coming into the yard.  

IMG_1893.jpeg

IMG_0027.jpeg

• Like 8

• Gold Member

My avy pic.  The big boy on the left I had to put down 3 years ago.  Still got the fur ball.  Big boy duece was 120#'s at his peak.  He would ride around on the back of my 18' roll back truck while I was working.  Named him Duece cause I was number one and he was number 2 in my world.  Girlfriend at the time didn't like that much.  Dog was around a lot longer than she was!!!

kids2.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

This one is pretty worthless. Doesn’t hunt, bow legged, an isolator. Turns good food into shit. To make matters worse he recycles his food. I’m stuck with him now. 

EB37347D-EA56-47EA-B4CF-724094E01B7D.jpeg

777A5B9D-9527-4D61-98AC-371D0C539162.jpeg

He won't care about the van situation.

Your best friend.

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Lost my Doberman last weekend. Sudden cardiac event. She simply dropped dead where she was standing. Fucking dobes are ticking time bombs with their heart issues. It’s a one dog home now. 

Damn sorry man 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Lost my Doberman last weekend. Sudden cardiac event. She simply dropped dead where she was standing. Fucking dobes are ticking time bombs with their heart issues. It’s a one dog home now. 

Man, Sorry Spinner..😢

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Fuck man that sucks big time. Very sorry to hear that :sad:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Awww shit…sorry to hear this.😔

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Sucks man - sorry to hear.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
48 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That sucks sorry man. 

• Like 1

Thanks all. This has opened up a potentially new purpose. Looks like I’ll be buying a house soon. Along with that comes something I’ve wanted to do for awhile. There’s a movement in Doberman breeding circles. It’s the Doberman preservation project. It’s an attempt to save the Doberman from extinction. It looks like the breed may be done by 2040 unless there’s some work at widening the gene pool. Genetic abnormalities are killing the breed due to decades of inbreeding by confirmation breeders. Once settled in to the new place I’ll be obtaining a couple of low COI dogs for breeding. COI is coefficient of inbreeding. It’s a rather complicated formula, but it’s working with biologists and geneticists for testing of COI. There’s very few Dobermans left, even in Eastern Europe, that have low COI. But they are out there and quite a few of us are motivated to make this happen. 

• Like 2

Just now, spin_dry said:

Thanks all. This has opened up a potentially new purpose. Looks like I’ll be buying a house soon. Along with that comes something I’ve wanted to do for awhile. There’s a movement in Doberman breeding circles. It’s the Doberman preservation project. It’s an attempt to save the Doberman from extinction. It looks like the breed may be done by 2040 unless there’s some work at widening the gene pool. Genetic abnormalities are killing the breed due to decades of inbreeding by confirmation breeders. Once settled in to the new place I’ll be obtaining a couple of low COI dogs for breeding. COI is coefficient of inbreeding. It’s a rather complicated formula, but it’s working with biologists and geneticists for testing of COI. There’s very few Dobermans left, even in Eastern Europe, that have low COI. But they are out there and quite a few of us are motivated to make this happen. 

This is the reason I don’t by purebred breeds anymore. The “designer” breeds are much healthier overall