Greatest generation!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

here is the video if you need a laugh 

Jesus….I couldn’t even make through the whole video I just wanted to smack that girl in the face. So weak and frail and sensitive 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Yeah, I kind of think a lot of it was our parents beat the living shit out of us. So we went too far in the other direction and it has continued. Shit , back in my day it would be nothing for a neighbor,  teacher, or family member to start teeing off on you if you were getting out of line.
 Now!  Holy fuck are you using negative words with my child????!!!  We only do positive reinforcement.  

'smarten the fuck up or the doors there.' -- dad 

Saddest part is how these kids are squandering their youth. Riddled with anxiety.  Remember jumping in the car with your buddies and going on trips? Not a care in the world.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cold War said:

Yeah, I kind of think a lot of it was our parents beat the living shit out of us. So we went too far in the other direction and it has continued. Shit , back in my day it would be nothing for a neighbor,  teacher, or family member to start teeing off on you if you were getting out of line.
 Now!  Holy fuck are you using negative words with my child????!!!  We only do positive reinforcement.  

Yessir…teachers and principals were different in our day and when I got drug out of class to go see the principal I took it and I sure as hell didn’t go home and cry about it. 😂

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yessir…teachers and principals were different in our day and when I got drug out of class to go see the principal I took it and I sure as hell didn’t go home and cry about it. 😂

Hell no.  You did everything to keep your parents from knowing you got roughed up by a teacher or principal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Saddest part is how these kids are squandering their youth. Riddled with anxiety.  Remember jumping in the car with your buddies and going on trips? Not a care in the world.  

Thats the generation thats gonna be giving me me luffah sponge bath when I'm in the home.  :lol:  Ma is in an assisted living place right now, and some of the beauties they got working there.....we are fucked.  :lol: 

17 hours ago, Cold War said:

Me and my 2 brothers had the old man's size 12 boot up our ass so many times I think he could have been an NFL kicker. :lmao:Not to mention, our names were son of a bitch, goddamnit and jesus christ. :lol:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Me and my 2 brothers had the old man's size 12 boot up our ass so many times I think he could have been an NFL kicker. :lmao:Not to mention, our names were son of a bitch, goddamnit and jesus christ. :lol:

I'm happy to say that this boomer raised 2 daughters who can ride snowmobiles, shoot guns and probably kick that little barista bitches ass without much effort.  Thats the product of some Gen X parents I'm afraid.  You know whats fucked?  How many parents drive their kids to school these days instead of having them take the bus, or walk if they live less than a half mile away.  I see it all the time driving by different schools.  Every morning I drive by the local elementary school, and there are lines of cars dropping off their kids.  Its fucked.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm happy to say that this boomer raised 2 daughters who can ride snowmobiles, shoot guns and probably kick that little barista bitches ass without much effort.  Thats the product of some Gen X parents I'm afraid.  You know whats fucked?  How many parents drive their kids to school these days instead of having them take the bus, or walk if they live less than a half mile away.  I see it all the time driving by different schools.  Every morning I drive by the local elementary school, and there are lines of cars dropping off their kids.  Its fucked.  

35% of morning traffic is caused by people driving their kids to school . If you are a global warming nazi and you drive your kid to school 15 minutes after the bus goes by your house, shut the fuck up already

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

35% of morning traffic is caused by people driving their kids to school . If you are a global warming nazi and you drive your kid to school 15 minutes after the bus goes by your house, shut the fuck up already

We lived 7 miles out of town when I was in elementary school and my mom taught school 7 miles away in the opposite direction…I spent ALOT of time on the school bus and if I missed it I was screwed.😂

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We lived 7 miles out of town when I was in elementary school and my mom taught school 7 miles away in the opposite direction…I spent ALOT of time on the school bus and if I missed it I was screwed.😂

But it taught you to get your shit together and be where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

But it taught you to get your shit together and be where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there.

Absolutely and the other thing I was taught was patience because there were many an evening where I waited for my mom to pick me up after basketball practice and if she had a meeting or some other obligation the wait could have been an hour or two…I usually did homework or read a book with zero complaint. 

22 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I hear you but the walking part is debatable. Try to convince a mother that it's safe for her daughter to walk to school these days when we hear so much about sex trafficking etc. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Absolutely and the other thing I was taught was patience because there were many an evening where I waited for my mom to pick me up after basketball practice and if she had a meeting or some other obligation the wait could have been an hour or two…I usually did homework or read a book with zero complaint. 

I call bullshit!!!   :lmao:

Edited by snoughnut
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

They should be . A barista is a chics job. Well except for that useless cunt.

Absolutely. I've been seeing more and more retirement age ladies working at Starbucks. They know their stuff. If you really want to know the true attitude at a particular Starbucks, ask for a pour over at the drive through. 

13 hours ago, Cold War said:

Who the fuck could be riddled with anxiety when loaded up on Miller High Life and Panama red? 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Cold War said:

you are correct. our parents raised some respectful , hard-working kids. no soft side to anything. so the beatings stopped, and also we grew up without much so we made sure our kids didn't grow up like that. i have 2 stepdaughters, and they grew up like i did . no they didn't get beat , or lack anything, but they worked for first cars , and still understand how it works. they have even thanked me for driving them to be successful and not spoiling them. i was really good to them, and helped them all the way. they have not forgot that

• Like 1