Balenciaga child ad

Anyone hear about this?  I guess they had some ad with kids that was borderline.  How does this shit make it past managers of these companies?

The high fashion house Balenciaga has formally apologized for its Christmas advertising campaign featuring young kids holding teddy bears dressed in bondage harnesses

https://news.yahoo.com/balenciaga-apologizes-disturbing-child-ads-142709680.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMGKIwfBg-SmJTQYVX79ykX9K3kHmMpt82uvyUNwwcJUxqWto3yj_exldFgEUIVT1MQp3H8KNazHrtAXz1j-kEOiEYgpx62QYbAA51J-PdrVqR3YWwlJW0nv9XNgOJC9ZoamRRC9esTTcMAdER-Qsj64Kn9vbSABvCk71kOFtlcn

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

they fired the photographer .....

as if it didnt take 30 other people involved to make the set , shoot , lighting , management etc. 

Of course they did.  That photographer had maybe 1% to do with that.   The heads of that department needed to be fired first.

• Thanks 1

I never heard of that brand. Took a quick look at their website. The stuff they sell is stupid expensive, and ugly to boot for the most part. I don't understand how they are in business, except for the fact that the ration between money and brains is out of balance for some people. 

2 minutes ago, Catalina said:

I never heard of that brand. Took a quick look at their website. The stuff they sell is stupid expensive, and ugly to boot for the most part. I don't understand how they are in business, except for the fact that the ration between money and brains is out of balance for some people. 

They sell to the ELITE WEALTHY of the world.   And look at what the marketing department comes up with for those people.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Even if the advertising company completely did it on their own (which is laughable) imagine if they somehow made fun out of LGBTQRS and how fast the celebrities would have separated themselves from them.  Hints at peodophilla and the celebs want to see what happened. 

• Like 1

It worked, we fall for it...every time.

Had any of you heard of this company, before this week? 

Would you have bought their products?

Not me.

Very, very little publicity is all bad.