*** OFFICIAL ONTARIO BOATING THREAD ***

Puzzleboy

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Do it early in the morning before others are on the water.  Won't take much to flip that.

You let the SIL do that?  Lol.

It has been over once from the previous owner with a smaller engine on it. The calmer the water the better for it so yeah, early morning is usually best.

SIL did that a few yrs ago but just gave it to my son last year.

The guys from Orillia bought it today for $400 cash. Thought he could repair the leak and took a chance on the motor, which he said he was familiar with.

Going to keep my eye out for something a little newer this summer/fall. Another 14' footer with a 9.9 or up to a 15 max.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:28 AM, kragar said:

A little slower than I am used to but adjusting well.

searay330.jpeg

Saw her at the dock yesterday....  Nice looking boat Krager!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tessie11 said:

Has anybody heard good or bad about the Sea-Doo Sparks 3-UP 900 HO, possibly looking at purchasing.

What is the reason for going with a Spark?  I am sure they work just fine, but personally I would spend the little bit more and at least get into a 160HP class.  Look for good discounts on non-current models, you would be surprised what you can get.

50 minutes ago, Tessie11 said:

Thanks for the information, just started looking, price point was why we were looking at Sparks.  Have not seen many non-currents on web sites, where are you seeing them?

Take a look at Kijiji, some new non currents are there, PM also sent.

20 hours ago, Tessie11 said:

Has anybody heard good or bad about the Sea-Doo Sparks 3-UP 900 HO, possibly looking at purchasing.

I would get the 60hp model if there is one in a 3 seater. You can have anyone with a buds system bump it to the H.O program very easily and for way less than the difference BRP charges.

My buddy's new to him Doral 360 SE.  Nice machine.  I had it up to 42 mph (GPS) half load of fuel, 3 passengers, no water.  That was max for her with a fair bit of nose-up trim.  Twin 310hp 7.4 MPIs and Bravo 3s.  Should have had Magnums, but still a pretty nice package. 

IMG_0653.JPG

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:48 AM, Frostynuts said:

Hey Sean, where is the new boat ? Any pics ?

Coming soon!!  (I hope..) Had huge fight with RBC, everything had to shifted to CIBC...  stretched out our timelines..

22 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

My buddy's new to him Doral 360 SE.  Nice machine.  I had it up to 42 mph (GPS) half load of fuel, 3 passengers, no water.  That was max for her with a fair bit of nose-up trim.  Twin 310hp 7.4 MPIs and Bravo 3s.  Should have had Magnums, but still a pretty nice package. 

IMG_0653.JPG

Great looking boat.  Hard to go wrong with Dorals...  The later models came with the 8.1l, either Merc or Volvo Penta twins.. 

On 7/9/2016 at 0:12 PM, irv said:

Finally got around to taking my bud's boat for a spin. I only took it to 60 mph as he has his daughter in the boat with us. It's a 100+ mph boat so hoping to do a solo run sometime this summer to see if I got the nerve to take it that far?

Currently trying to sell this gem. (Don't ask about the paint, my SIL painted it!)  It was given to my son last year for his birthday but the boat leaks at the front and I am not trusting the engine for him being out on the lake by himself at times. I have received a few offers and someone is suppose to be coming from Orillia today to look at/purchase it supposedly? I have also received offer just for the engine so hopefully it goes this week-end before we head back up to the trailer? I am asking $500 O.B.O . for the boat and motor minus the trailer, which is not mine.

pete 5.JPG

WP_20150729_19_43_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20160708_15_16_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20160708_15_16_21_Pro.jpg

Thought for a second that was the STV I almost bought last year.  Don't know what make that thing is though.  I think he might be pulling your leg on the 100 mph though.  Nice boat non the less 

16 hours ago, Renegade X said:

Thought for a second that was the STV I almost bought last year.  Don't know what make that thing is though.  I think he might be pulling your leg on the 100 mph though.  Nice boat non the less 

104 on GPS so far, and he is still playing with props. Those suckers are pricey! 

6 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Any luck on a 360 yet, Sean?  I can give you a rundown of all the issues we found on my buddy's water test - might be some useful info!!

Hopefully next week or so...fingers crossed.. Would love to hear about any issues!!

Wife and I went down the river and out on the lake. Beautiful day,a little bit of chop but not too bad.We had a bit of a moment when the fuel gauge went from 3/4 to E .we stopped at the marina (no pumps) and some guy said no gas on the lake.WTF! Turned out there's gas not far from there and we filled up (66 litres). I said to the wife I hope you know how to row lol.20160723_121716.jpg

We ran out two weeks ago.  I  knew I was low, stopped in at Golden Oro on the north side of Kempenfelt..... got 8 litres out of their tank and they ran out.  Went to Hawkestone, fucker ran out about 9 miles from home.  Had 10 litres onboard for the generator..... That got us about 5-6 miles (not bad for a 454 - Lol).  My buddy then came out on a Sea-Doo with another 10 litres to get us to the marina. 

When my gauge shows empty..... she's really empty. 

• Like 1

I really don't want to run out of fuel on a sled or a boat. Really puts a crimp in the day for the people you're with. When I get about 1/2 tank on the boat I fill up. The tank is also contoured to the shape of the hull and the fuel gauge simply reads the depth of fuel in the tank so with the V taper on the bottom half of the tank it goes down faster than it does for the top half. Better safe than sorry.

11 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

We ran out two weeks ago.  I  knew I was low, stopped in at Golden Oro on the north side of Kempenfelt..... got 8 litres out of their tank and they ran out.  Went to Hawkestone, fucker ran out about 9 miles from home.  Had 10 litres onboard for the generator..... That got us about 5-6 miles (not bad for a 454 - Lol).  My buddy then came out on a Sea-Doo with another 10 litres to get us to the marina. 

When my gauge shows empty..... she's really empty. 

Good thing you don't fly....

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Anyone going to the Thousand Islands this weekend for the Poker Run?

My plan is to head up tomorrow, staying in Rockport.

I'll be there.  On the water in front of Rockport area. Be the white boat with the black lettering and blue lights.  Say hi!!!

14 hours ago, odot1 said:

I'll be there.  On the water in front of Rockport area. Be the white boat with the black lettering and blue lights.  Say hi!!!

Hmm...   I usually stay away from boats that look like that. Lol

For sure, if I see you I'll stop by. I am in white Mastercraft wake boat with lots of kids.

• Like 1