*** OFFICIAL ONTARIO BOATING THREAD ***

Puzzleboy

You can trailer them, but they're over width (10.5 feet, or 2 feet wider than legal). 

7-8 tonnes loaded up.  Actually quite light for a boat that size. 

Yep, need a 1-ton basically. 

Well the tow vehicle tows it, not me.  :)   It would be double what I tow now, but the truck would be twice as stable too. 

It's nice, has a few issues though, but it's not new either. 

But there are very few 40 foot cruisers that can run 60+ mph, so that makes up for a lot.  :)

Edited by Puzzleboy

So new boat and truck...I know you think that Cherokee of yours can tow,  but you might be overloading her a bit!

60mph is impressive, nice looking boat though.....going to also need a bigger quonset hut too.

Oh, I think so.  The ol' Grand routinely tows well over 7000.... might be time to give her a break..... she can live out her days towing sled trailers and relaxing.....  :)

It will actually fit in my building with the arch down.  It's the height that's the issue. My doors are just under 12' tall.  But one guy engineered an arch hinge system for the same boat (had the same storage issue), similar to a Doral 360, but not electric.  Seasonal use only. 

The seller has a nice building too.  80 x 60, heated.

14 hours ago, Stoney said:

So new boat and truck...I know you think that Cherokee of yours can tow,  but you might be overloading her a bit!

60mph is impressive, nice looking boat though.....going to also need a bigger quonset hut too.

• Like 1

@Puzzleboy great looking boat Puzzler!!  Beam is only 10.5 on that?  Wow....long, sleek and narrow.  Good name.  What are the issues?   Oh, hopefully going Sunday to do first look at the Alegria.  

Good luck with the inspection!  Yep, 10.5.  Less stability, more trailering....... :)

A few specific issues (a few blisters, etc.), and a few things inherent to the design.  Overall, a very nice machine though.  And good for 60 with the HO Mags. 

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎07 at 9:33 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Went and had a look-see today...... Should I, shouldn't I....... :)

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

Of course you should not buy that...but that is me thinking from a purely fiscal point of view. Looking from a live life and have a fucking great time, of course you should buy that.

I have a little mildew on the boat seats and bought a boat brand mildew remover. Tried it on my tin boat seats and not impressed. I heard Magic Eraser works so tried that and wow. The seats haven't been cleaned in years and came out spotless and will be doing the seats in the runabout as soon as we get a nice sunny day. Magic Eraser for the win

• Like 1

Yep, those erasers are great for vinyl.  Gets into all the simulated leather texture too and cleans it right up.  Even water will work, but I usually keep a diluted bottle of SG on board anyway. The dollar store has them for a dollar (2 pack).  Just as good as Mr. Clean.  They're just a melamine sponge, apparently you can buy 4x8 sheets of it somewhere..... Lol. 

Bleach will kill mildew too if it's really bad.  I agree, the commercial removers do fuck all.  :)

Edited by Puzzleboy

Not sure WHAT I want.  But I don't want to go slower than I am now, and there aren't a lot of cruisers that can top 60.  I saw a nice Wellcraft Excalibur too with good power.  A Baja 405 is nice too, but has an odd interior layout.  I also want trailerable, which limits beam considerations.  And I can't drive 2 boats at once.  :)

The 38 EC is far from uncomfortable, and I can stand up in it, which is rare.  A/C, heat, 7000 generator.  Or did you mean in respect to the narrower beam?  Still 10.5 feet. 

On 2017-05-12 at 7:43 AM, Usedtoskidoo said:

If you want a cruiser buy one. Its way more comfortable.

And get a go fast as well to scratch that itch.

interior 1.jpg

• Like 1

Oh it's a nice boat no doubt and I get the non slowing down part but the 7.5 beam sucks. We had a 36 Trojan and that wide beam makes a huge difference. 

Just my thoughts but for a 160k. You can get a really nice cruiser and a go fast and scratch both itches. Plus trailering sucks. 

The was a 44 Sea ray sedan with twin diesels in Parry Sound for 35k last year. I should have bought that boat. 

10.5 beam.  :)  Trailering doesn't bother me in the least, and I really don't want anything that can't be easily trailered.  Friends that have big cruisers are always at the mercy of marinas for haul-outs, maintenance, transport, storage, etc.  It's nice to be independent of them.  Plus, you could still get a slip somewhere if you desire.  My buddy with the 360 just got a quote to haul it to Toronto.  It was like $1200 or so. 

Like all boats, there are pros and cons with each. 

A 44 Sea-Ray for 35k would be older, I'd think. 

On 2017-05-14 at 11:22 AM, Usedtoskidoo said:

Oh it's a nice boat no doubt and I get the non slowing down part but the 7.5 beam sucks. We had a 36 Trojan and that wide beam makes a huge difference. 

Just my thoughts but for a 160k. You can get a really nice cruiser and a go fast and scratch both itches. Plus trailering sucks. 

The was a 44 Sea ray sedan with twin diesels in Parry Sound for 35k last year. I should have bought that boat. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

10.5 beam.  :)  Trailering doesn't bother me in the least, and I really don't want anything that can't be easily trailered.  Friends that have big cruisers are always at the mercy of marinas for haul-outs, maintenance, transport, storage, etc.  It's nice to be independent of them.  Plus, you could still get a slip somewhere if you desire.  My buddy with the 360 just got a quote to haul it to Toronto.  It was like $1200 or so. 

Like all boats, there are pros and cons with each. 

A 44 Sea-Ray for 35k would be older, I'd think. 

I cant remember what the age was but it was the newer  style hull and superstructure. Was a hell of a deal.

I hear you we got rid of our Trojan due to the insane docking fees in Toronto. Trailer now but no real comfort to speak of.

On a side note we have 6 502 variants in various states of repair in the shop. Expensive little bastards.