2023 Iron Dog - the toughest race known to man

AK440

Fuck yay! The 2023 race is almost here. This is the hardest snowmobile race ever created. USXC cornfield “racing” doesn’t even compare. Iron Doggers race where there are no roads, cell coverage, hotels, restaurants or bars. You get seriously hurt you can die. Medical help is hours away even if the weather allows for someone to fly in and get you. If your sled breaks down YOU have to fix it if you want to keep going to get to shelter. You don’t get the luxury of walking 5’ out of the ditch to the paved road and waving down a car or calling for help on you phone. No, you break down in the Iron Dog you’re fucked! If you can’t fix it or tow it somewhere to get fixed your race is over. 

This race isn’t for pussies and beer swilling internet jockeys who’s idea of wilderness is standing in the middle of the back 40 looking at silos on the distance.

https://www.irondog.org/race/events

https://www.irondog.org/roster

Edited by AK440

17 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Fuck yay! The 2023 race is almost here. This is the hardest snowmobile race ever created. USXC cornfield “racing” doesn’t even compare. Iron Doggers race where there are no roads, cell coverage, hotels, restaurants or bars. You get seriously hurt you can die. Medical help is hours away even if the weather allows for someone to fly in and get you. If your sled breaks down YOU have to fix it if you want to keep going to get to shelter. You don’t get the luxury of walking 5’ out of the ditch to the paved road and waving down a car or calling for help on you phone. No, you break down in the Iron Dog you’re fucked! If you can’t fix it or tow it somewhere to get fixed your race is over. 

This race isn’t for pussies and beer swilling internet jockeys who’s idea of wilderness is standing in the middle of the back 40 looking at silos on the distance.

HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE DIED DURING THE IRON DOG?

Although the combination of speed, terrain and extreme conditions can be a dangerous mix, no death has so far been directly attributed to the race.

That's why ya need the NSP clutch kit:lol:

39 minutes ago, AK440 said:

If you're serious and gonna run that Sprint PM me, my kids had one and I have a sick rear suspension mod that will blow you away, you'll need the shock dampers from the rear door of a 2000 Ford Windstar but I can't say more on here, there is some Cat racers listening.You won't even say the word "bridging" anymore!! Ski-doo stole my idea with the R-motion but the lawyers will figure that out. (Pssss a PB clutch will give ya 7.3-8.6mph on top end and shave 17 seconds off the 0-60 time.

• Gold Member
33 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Inbred Alaskan says what ? 

94BE8829-94D4-4313-933D-84A1EF147471.png

49 minutes ago, HSR said:

HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE DIED DURING THE IRON DOG?

Although the combination of speed, terrain and extreme conditions can be a dangerous mix, no death has so far been directly attributed to the race.

That's why ya need the NSP clutch kit:lol:

Maybe the soo 500 needs to get some of those life saving clutch kits. Many people have died from polar bear attacks in that race 

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Nobody outside of Alaska cares about this race lol 

If you are from the lower 48, the Iron Dog is a winter long $50,000+ commitment.

I don't have that kind of time, and if I did, I wouldn't have the money to blow on racing the Iron Dog.  

Then I need to find a second swinging D in a similar situation.  

The Soo is a large money and time commitment too.

3 hours ago, AK440 said:

HOORAY, HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay-buddy.gif

never heard of it, can you tell us about your involvement in it.  :news:

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Nobody outside of Alaska cares about this race lol 

Uh huh, they care so little that Polaris came out with the Cross Country in a 136 last season just so they could still compete in it as 650’s are not allowed. The 136 provides better floatation on the fresh snow sections of the trail. Ever heard of that? Fresh snow that isn’t groomed or covered with dirt, garbage and shit like the bitch ditches you ride in? 

The OEM’s care so little about this race that Ski-Doo released an Iron Dog model. 

https://ir.brp.com/es/news-releases/news-release-details/brp-introduces-ski-doo-mxz-iron-dog-special-sled-honour-iconic/

image.jpeg.4e36eb6ee9fb18319897c16f402889b4.jpeg
You’re too fucking dumb to be on my thread! Do some research before posting more dribble.

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Hell, I'd bet most people inside Alaska don't either LOL

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Hell, I'd bet most people inside Alaska don't either LOL

Wrong.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

If you are from the lower 48, the Iron Dog is a winter long $50,000+ commitment.

I don't have that kind of time, and if I did, I wouldn't have the money to blow on racing the Iron Dog.  

Then I need to find a second swinging D in a similar situation.  

The Soo is a large money and time commitment too.

It’s called working hard and getting sponsors.

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

iron dog looks vicious...

ironman-puppy.gif

do you wear a tu-tu and high heels while competing?

Do you wear those things while posting?

Edited by AK440

13 minutes ago, AK440 said:

You’re too fucking dumb to be on my thread! Do some research before posting more dribble.

Speaking of too fucking dumb :roflcrying:  Quite the conundrum you put yourself in here, Sporto.  If the Iron Dog is the end-all, be-all race you claim it to be, yet the Rush style sleds are so shitty ... how is it the race was won multiple times by those sleds?  You're good for one thing, that's for sure ... and that's a good ol' LOL moment.  It's one thing to spout off about how worthless this forum is, but then to continue to be here AND look like a complete moron???  Wow ... well done!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Uh huh, they care so little that Polaris came out with the Cross Country in a 136 last season just so they could still compete in it as 650’s are not allowed. The 136 provides better floatation on the fresh snow sections of the trail. Ever heard of that? Fresh snow that isn’t groomed or covered with dirt, garbage and shit like the bitch ditches you ride in? 

The OEM’s care so little about this race that Ski-Doo released an Iron Dog model. 

https://ir.brp.com/es/news-releases/news-release-details/brp-introduces-ski-doo-mxz-iron-dog-special-sled-honour-iconic/

derr... they can't race 650's in XC or SX racing either :crazy:

9_9

c4a94925-9c98-4d5f-b36d-6dcf1dd94206_tex

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Speaking of too fucking dumb :roflcrying:  Quite the conundrum you put yourself in here, Sporto.  If the Iron Dog is the end-all, be-all race you claim it to be, yet the Rush style sleds are so shitty ... how is it the race was won multiple times by those sleds?  You're good for one thing, that's for sure ... and that's a good ol' LOL moment.  It's one thing to spout off about how worthless this forum is, but then to continue to be here AND look like a complete moron???  Wow ... well done!!

if Ramstain were still here, he'd be mad about his crown being taken away 

22 minutes ago, AK440 said:

11 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Wrong.

It’s called working hard and getting sponsors.

Do you wear those things while posting?

What belt you running on the Sprint? I have a secret there too!! You could be the most famous guy ever !!! And don't think you know what my suspension secret is and try it with 1998 Dodge caravan door dampers,no ho, they don't work,too much rebound!Go sit in your local Walmart parking lot on a Sunday aboot noon , you'll see, just watch the ladies in bingo pants putting their cases of potato chips and soda in the back,,watch the rear door motion!! I can tell you're a man that pays attention to details :bc:

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Polaris gave all all the best riders free sleds and flooded the entires because no one would race them otherwise.