Canada expanding assisted suicide law to the mentally ill

• Platinum Contributing Member

What in the actual Nazi fuck is goin on in Canada?   

https://nypost.com/2022/10/28/canada-expanding-assisted-suicide-law-to-the-mentally-ill/

Medical assistance in dying (MAID) has been available in Canada since 2016 and is set to expand in March 2023, extending eligibility to those with a mental illness. 

Bill C-7 would allow individuals seeking MAID to apply solely on the basis of a mental disorder. Prior to the bill’s passage, MAID eligibility was based on having a “grievous and irremediable medical condition,” according to a report from the Canadian government on the practice. 

Creighton School of Medicine professor Charles Camosy said Wednesday on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” the bill would allow “mature minors” to be euthanized by state doctors without the consent of their parents. 

Camosy argued that the MAID practice exists for several groups already. 

“We’ve got the homeless, we talked about that last time. The poor. The disabled. Those with chronic pain. And then right before coming on, I researched the physicians group in Quebec that wants to kill newborn infants. That’s what’s coming next,” he told host Tucker Carlson. 

“This is what happens when autonomy just goes nuts.”

The medical humanities professor said health care has been “hyper-secularized” in recent years and is based on “cost-benefit analysis.” 

Camosy said he doesn’t think this type of law would come into effect in the U.S., but added doctors need to focus on saving the lives of their patients. “What we need to do, is support in whatever way [we] can, health care that is about caring, not killing.” 

“There’s a coalition of people coming up with a brand new medical school, the Padre Pio School of Medicine in 2026, that is going to do this very clearly, very ably,” he added. 

Have you been to Canada recently?

We could use a cull.

My libertarian freedom gene even extends to those that want to kill themselves.

PYWbLX.gif

download.jpg

Edited by Voodoo

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Children should be able to make that decision.  

Firh8cpWYAEXDVS?format=jpg&name=medium

Doctor assisted my kid at committing suicide he/she/they/them better have their affairs in order....they'd be joining him/her shortly. 

"Presumption of capacity for these minors."  The mere fact they are suicidal due to mental health shows diminished capacity.  

Edited by Highmark

38 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

GOP'ers claim concern for the mentally ill. They just don't want to spend any money dealing with the matter. Typical right wing Christian rhetoric. 

yup 

typical R preprogrammed NRA advised response... 

mass shooting, it's mental health problems 

are you willing to fund mental health programs?  no! 

the end

19 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yup 

typical R preprogrammed NRA advised response... 

mass shooting, it's mental health problems 

are you willing to fund mental health programs?  no! 

the end

Sad, but spot on.

No different here.

I'd sooner they had the Dr assisted suicide than commit homicide...but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Sad, but spot on.

No different here.

I'd sooner they had the Dr assisted suicide than commit homicide...but that's just my opinion.

The problem is when you go to the Dr for help and they offer assisted suicide cause as a treatment.

This just happened to several vets.