onX Backcountry

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Just a fyi ride comand uses the exact same maps from exact same vendor with the  property owners bounderys .

Exact 

Unless I'm missing something on ride command,  onx offroad has way more detail on the small logging rds and goat paths here in bayfield co and up on the north shore. 

19 hours ago, Cat45 said:

Unless I'm missing something on ride command,  onx offroad has way more detail on the small logging rds and goat paths here in bayfield co and up on the north shore. 

Zoom in on Sat . I am telling you when they went to vendor on x uses they were shocked to find out there was no mutual agreement in place . It is how they were able to get propery ownership  bounderys in place so quick 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Zoom in on Sat . I am telling you when they went to vendor on x uses they were shocked to find out there was no mutual agreement in place . It is how they were able to get propery ownership  bounderys in place so quick 

Screenshot_20230202-182029_Polaris.jpg

Screenshot_20230202-181848_onX Offroad.jpg

Both pics zoomed at 2000ft same location. Doesnt matter how tight i zoom ride command it won't show the goat paths. Maybe there's a setting I'm missing on ride command? It would be nice to get the same detail on ride command

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 6:24 PM, Cat45 said:

Both pics zoomed at 2000ft same location. Doesnt matter how tight i zoom ride command it won't show the goat paths. Maybe there's a setting I'm missing on ride command? It would be nice to get the same detail on ride command

How much more detail do you need ? 

Screenshot_20230211_204300_Polaris.jpg

Screenshot_20230211_204220_Polaris.jpg

Screenshot_20230211_204158_Polaris.jpg

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

How much more detail do you need ? 

Screenshot_20230211_204300_Polaris.jpg

Screenshot_20230211_204220_Polaris.jpg

Screenshot_20230211_204158_Polaris.jpg

Look at the differences in the maps i posted. Those trails on onx don't show up anywhere on ridecommand. The land owner stuff is the same but the trail detail is alot less on ride command. Next time you're up by Valhalla check out the differences, onx even shows more detail up on the north shore too

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

Look at the differences in the maps i posted. Those trails on onx don't show up anywhere on ridecommand. The land owner stuff is the same but the trail detail is alot less on ride command. Next time you're up by Valhalla check out the differences, onx even shows more detail up on the north shore too

Not sure what diff they have on or off but can assure you they both are using /leasing the same system .

I will find out how to access the maps you have next time I see someone in the know 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I was posting before your screen shots of Bayfield co came through. Yeah you can see some of the stuff on Birdseye view/ satellite view but i find in heavy timber and different terrain it's harder to read. I prefer the map view with the trails marked on it

I know you spend time up here riding so you might be interested in the avenza maps. I have a friend working at the county that is mapping every trail on co land you can fit an atv down. It's a huge project they started last year to map and  categorize every trail for on road, off road, or closed use. Not sure when the maps will be updated though

17 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Can you use Avenza without cell signal?  The OnX app says it can, but I keep forgetting to try it.  

Verizon in my neck of the woods sucks, many times no signal at all.

Yeah it works without service, just need to download the map of the area you want 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 9:00 PM, Cat45 said:

I know you spend time up here riding so you might be interested in the avenza maps. I have a friend working at the county that is mapping every trail on co land you can fit an atv down. It's a huge project they started last year to map and  categorize every trail for on road, off road, or closed use. Not sure when the maps will be updated though

If they have any interst in collaborating with R.C let me know I have the contact info