Contributing Membership Renewals

ckf

That didn't work very well :lol: Let's try this again..

I haven't sent out any renewal invoices since last December. It's a pain to manually go through all of my PayPal activity to find the renewals. Some of you have renewed  on your own, thank you. It would be much easier for me if everyone could do the same and renew on your own via the link above. You can check to see when you last paid by going to your PayPal and searching for my email address  john@nekwx. com. 

With the upcoming rate hike for the server it's costing about $1500 a year to keep the site going. I thought about raising the CM fee because I highly doubt we can get the 60 needed CMs to cover the costs. Instead of raising the fee we will be offering 3 tiers.  We will continue to have the $25 US and Canadian CMs. We will also offer the gold level that BOHICA has started for $50 and a new $100 platinum level.

Anyone wishing to donate ANY amount can hit the donation button in the post above.

Edit: Anyone that has signed up on their own this year and wants to upgrade to a new level can PM me.

Thanks guys :bc:

http://www.freedomsledder.com/cm.html

There is also a tab in the menu that takes you to the CM & Donation page.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I haven't sent out any renewal invoices since last December. It's a pain to manually go through all of my PayPal activity to find the renewals. Some of you have renewed  on your own, thank you. It would be much easier for me if everyone could do the same and renew on your own via the link above. You can check to see when you last paid by going to your PayPal and searching for my email address  john@nekwx. com. 

With the upcoming rate hike for the server it's costing about $1500 a year to keep the site going. I thought about raising the CM fee because I highly doubt we can get the 60 needed CMs to cover the costs. Instead of raising the fee we will be offering 3 tiers.  We will continue to have the $25 US and Canadian CMs. We will also offer the gold level that BOHICA has started for $50 and a new $100 platinum level.

Anyone wishing to donate ANY amount can hit the donation button in the post above.

Tried...

Screenshot_20221129-071459.png

I won't have anything to do with PayPal. I won't even look to see when I last paid.

You need to get another mechanism to get paid... if you want to PM me an addy I will send a check, but PayPal can suck my ass.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Snake said:

I won't have anything to do with PayPal. I won't even look to see when I last paid.

You need to get another mechanism to get paid... if you want to PM me an addy I will send a check, but PayPal can suck my ass.

And I'll ask again... how much is this Gold Membership? I also have delusions of grandeur... :lol:

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Tried...

Screenshot_20221129-071459.png

WTF? I'll work on it in a bit.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

I think I sent you an invoice through the CC. processor that I use for my photos. I'll look it up for you in a bit :bc:

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

KK...

I just looked and couldn't find you in there. I show SkisNH paid and Jerry both paid in July through my cc processor. I know that I have sent you invoices though my cc processor in the past as I recall you saying how much you hated PP :lol:  It was probably through Square. I dropped them in December of last year. Give me a minute...

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

KK...

I created a link to a payment option through my Photography CC processor. I can't make the drop down menus or fancy buttons through them like PP. Anyone wishing to avoid PP can use the link on the CM page. You will need to enter the amount and PM me after with screen name for CMs.  You can find it under the PayPal options on the CM page. 

https://www.freedomsledder.com/cm.html

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I will look when I get home from work, busy time of year.

Im srill in blue but pretty sure I havent contributed in years...Im a sneaky bastid and a boomer who likes to take.:bc:

You aren't the only one. Once I change someone to a CM, they pretty much stay that way. I don't want to bother checking to see who has paid and who hasn't.

At this point I have not sent renewals in almost a year. So if you haven't signed up on your own in this calendar year, it's time to renew :bc:

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I had to go old school and link it to a page that it works when I write and edit the code myself. It just doesn't look as professional  :lol:

I just found my payments on my account... nothing for this year, but twice in 6 months last year.... :lol:

I will send you this years... after you let loose with the elusive Gold Member price..... :bc:

31 minutes ago, Snake said:

I just found my payments on my account... nothing for this year, but twice in 6 months last year.... :lol:

I will send you this years... after you let loose with the elusive Gold Member price..... :bc:

$50. What you paid last year :lol:

Have you looked at the link yet?  :lol:

One suggestion is Zelle.  Just about every bank uses it now with zero fees unlike venmo or other electronic payment methods.  Just link it to an email addy.  Even our age old credit union has it built into their app.  I ditched paypal and ebay after the shitbirds refused to refund $150 in sellers fees they still owe me after a year now of back and forth with their lying cheating and non-existing customer service black hole.

One easy way to battle the high cost of hosting is rather than different membership levels start charging for thread starts. 

Sled threads, what's for dinner threads, auto threads, assistance threads, all free and no charge.  Political threads $5 each rising to $50 per thread after you start more than 1 per week.  Should pay for the hosting around here in about a day or two.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jdsky said:

One suggestion is Zelle.  Just about every bank uses it now with zero fees unlike venmo or other electronic payment methods.  Just link it to an email addy.  Even our age old credit union has it built into their app.  I ditched paypal and ebay after the shitbirds refused to refund $150 in sellers fees they still owe me after a year now of back and forth with their lying cheating and non-existing customer service black hole.

One easy way to battle the high cost of hosting is rather than different membership levels start charging for thread starts. 

Sled threads, what's for dinner threads, auto threads, assistance threads, all free and no charge.  Political threads $5 each rising to $50 per thread after you start more than 1 per week.  Should pay for the hosting around here in about a day or two.  

I do have Venmo. If anyone wants to go with Venmo they can PM me.

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

25.00 memberships = 5 kill yourself limit.

50.00 memberships = 10 kill yourself limit.

100.00 memberships = Unlimited kill yourself. 

This is Ben approved.

Bhen is the only one that would benefit from the unlimited plan. :lol:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Me too please...

It shows that you paid $25 back in July. I was just discussing with HSR about everyone being on a December renewal. Steve brought it up and it would make things easier for me. You can either wait until next December and get 6 months free or pay again now and get screwed out of 6 months :lol:

If you want to pay now use the link at the bottom of this page. You can enter what you want to pay ( pro rate for 6 months) :dunno:  Whatever works for you works for me.  This is the same CC processor that you used in July..

Screenshot_20221129-184917.png