I got a new phone!!!

f7ben

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I got a new phone.recently...fast as hell with great battery life but I still cant type for shit on it....always correcting. 

I am looking for a phone with a physical QWERTY keyboard.....like I had years ago. It slid from under the screen. I would pay big bucks for a phone like that if still available.

They had those old cheap ass slide phones with the keyboard on display last time I was at Verizon like $35 bucks. I laughed and asked the sales guy if anyone actually buys these still he said seniors and parents for young kids.

I just picked up my first Google phone last week, 7 pro. It is good so far. A few weird things it has done like on first start up they keyboard wouldn't appear so I had to restart it and that fixed it. The biggest thing I don't like is that you cannot double tap the screen to turn off the screen/lock phone. 

I don't feel like giving Tim Cook a blood sacrifice to join the apple cult lol.

Buddy says he wishes he could get a phone with Samsung's hardware and Google's software.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

They had those old cheap ass slide phones with the keyboard on display last time I was at Verizon like $35 bucks. I laughed and asked the sales guy if anyone actually buys these still he said seniors and parents for young kids.

Cool....awesome....they are still around then.....

Prolly getting rid of this trash phone then:lol:..

I like it in all other aspects except the typing

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

A friend of mine said there are other keyboards to download that might work better?....using samsung currently. I think he dowloaded google.keyboard...might give it a shot

• Gold Member
Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

A friend of mine said there are other keyboards to download that might work better?....using samsung currently. I think he dowloaded google.keyboard...might give it a shot

ya I got no idea I can barely turn a phone on 😂 not a tech guy at all. My iPhone one isn’t bad though for me anyways.

• Gold Member
Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

I went from a Pixel to iPhone 13 Pro this summer.  I give a slight edge to the Android OS and a slight edge to the iPhone hardware.  I will probably go back to Android after this one.

Neal

Went from S9+ to IP 13 ...

took awhile but finally ok with my iphone 

34 minutes ago, HSR said:

A Boomer phone!!!:lol:

30 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

A buddy of mine just got a new phone. I was shocked when he showed me his new phone and it was an old school flip phone. I didn't know that they still make them  :lol:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

A buddy of mine just got a new phone. I was shocked when he showed me his new phone and it was an old school flip phone. I didn't know that they still make them  :lol:

I was just shopping and there is quite a few flip phones offered :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ckf said:

I haven't had any issues with Android phones since switching to Google phones a few years ago.

Same.  Liked the 7 Pro enough got one for her and both boys 6a's, but $299 and $200 in Google store credit makes them cheap.  Have more $100 store credit vouchers if anyone wants to buy a pixel.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ckf said:

40 minutes ago, HSR said:

The old one I had wasnt a flip phone....the keyboard slid out... You wouldn't even know it was there.... Looked like a modern phone except a bit fatter..I wish I could remember what it was.....it was actually pretty trick

• Like 1

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

The old one I had wasnt a flip phone....the keyboard slid out... You wouldn't even know it was there.... Looked like a modern phone except a bit fatter..I wish I could remember what it was.....it was actually pretty trick

Blackberry had them :bc:

1 hour ago, HSR said:

It was similar to this one....I wish I still had it:lol:...that phone was the shit. I wore those keys right out

Screenshot_20221128-220917_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221128-220927_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, f7ben said:

Was on an iPhone XS for 4 years and it was pretty much done. Battery shot and pretty slow etc. We all got iPhone 13s on sale last week for really cheap. Just set it up and what a nice device. Smooth and fast and intuitive. Basically just making everything about the iPhone experience much better. Really happy with it. Thanks Apple phone

Shouldn't you be thanking the 20,000 Chinese slaves that made your magic phone?