Transmission guys make my brain hurt.

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Holy fuck that guy makes my head hurt just tossing everything around and stuff like that , pretty simple 

Ive gat a cousin like that in Texas. lays shit on the ground, tosses stuff around like its junk ect.. no order in anything he does.   i tried to work with him on a boat engine in the back yard once, he horrified me in minutes!   i asked him where he learned to do things the way he was..        in the military he says,,, why?       

he was a B52 mechanic at Barksdale AFB for 6 yrs   lol                

7 hours ago, toslow said:

i was a transmission rebuilder for many yrs in other shops, owned and operated a transmission shop for 15yrs. 

Several of my uncles on moms side were/are transmission guys.  2 of my cousins in Maine have their own shops.  Too complicated for me.  :lol: 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 11:33 AM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

It’s like anything else in the trades. When you know what you’re doing you can make something difficult and complex, look easy to people who don’t know the trade. 

Did you notice his table? That’s an autopsy table with the drain down the center 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Did you notice his table? That’s an autopsy table with the drain down the center 

Slick setup. Most trans builders have a drain table of some sort because they are a mess when you’re tearing them down, for sure. No way around it. 

I was fixing up an old Jeep when I was 16. I pulled the 3 sp manual and walked down to the trans shop on the corner. The guys knew me as I used to shovel snow for them when I was a kid. The guy proceeded to take it apart and fix it in minutes and showed me everything he was doing. When he was done I was afraid it was going to cost me some bucks as he replaced a few gears and other minor parts. You owe me 75 bucks he says. 😁 Wish that guy was still around.

• Like 1