BRP Linq on Matryx?

Bontz

Trying to prepare for a 3-day bagger trip in the Yoop, and my Adventure Bag that I used on my AXYS sled doesn't appear to work on the Matryx tunnel (at least, not from what I can tell).  So I'm curious if anyone has tried the BRP LinQ style system?  I'm pretty sure it will fit on a Matryx tunnel, but before I dig too deep into it (including my wallet!) I was kinda curious if anyone here has gone that route?  Maybe I can luck out and find a Black Friday deal tomorrow - although I won't get my hopes up.

I have Linq bags on  2021 137" Launch. I have the stackable 3 gal gas can (I use this to carry oil for 2 sleds when we are saddle bagging) and 2 luggage bags. You will need a bracket from Up North Technologies or some similar supplier to be able to mount the Linq brackets to the Matryx tunnel. If you are buying "new" style Linq bags you will need to make sure that you get Linq brackets to mount on your sled. I am pretty sure that starting last year BRP sold their sleds with the Linq brackets already mounted to the tunnel. Ask the BRP dealer you buy them from if the brackets are included with the luggage or not. I dont have pics at the moment or I would send them along. Pretty sure it wont be hard to find pictures of the different combination of bags that can be used.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Buddies Axys bag plugged right into his Matryx.  Same channels.

I found the part number for the bag I've got, and sure enough ... the Polaris site says it fits the Matryx.  So I guess I'll have to try a little harder to confirm it fits well.  Full disclosure, I had my XCR out of storage a couple weekends ago, and I just briefly tried to put the bag on the sled but didn't try hard enough ... it seemed like it was just off enough to make it not lock in very well.  I didn't want to scratch anything up either :whistle: so I guess I'll mess around with it this weekend & just make sure I like the way it fits.

7 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

On mine I added some rubber washers at all the connection points to avoid the scratching.

I'm thinking some sort of weather stripping tape at the connection points, and then maybe some sort of material to actually cover the tunnel/bottom of the bag too.

22 hours ago, Bontz said:

Trying to prepare for a 3-day bagger trip in the Yoop, and my Adventure Bag that I used on my AXYS sled doesn't appear to work on the Matryx tunnel (at least, not from what I can tell).  So I'm curious if anyone has tried the BRP LinQ style system?  I'm pretty sure it will fit on a Matryx tunnel, but before I dig too deep into it (including my wallet!) I was kinda curious if anyone here has gone that route?  Maybe I can luck out and find a Black Friday deal tomorrow - although I won't get my hopes up.

If you'd rather not go with Doo OEM, I installed the Kimpex Connect system on two of my sleds last year.  Worked great on 5 day U.P. bag trip.  All of the attachments are lockable, easy to use, and secure. Installation is easy too. The semi-rigid "bags" feature a dry-bag type enclosure that always kept our gear dry.

https://www.kimpex.com/en-us/page/kimpex-connect

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Premium said:

If you'd rather not go with Doo OEM, I installed the Kimpex Connect system on two of my sleds last year.  Worked great on 5 day U.P. bag trip.  All of the attachments are lockable, easy to use, and secure. Installation is easy too. The semi-rigid "bags" feature a dry-bag type enclosure that always kept our gear dry.

https://www.kimpex.com/en-us/page/kimpex-connect

This looks interesting ... I'm not a huge fan of the OEM setup, honestly.  I'm gonna look at this closer, and give it some serious thought.  Thanks man! :bc:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I'm thinking some sort of weather stripping tape at the connection points, and then maybe some sort of material to actually cover the tunnel/bottom of the bag too.

I like the idea of what you are thinking.  Look for rubber pad with adhesive though.  Even the best weather stripping is too soft.  It breaks down/crushes pretty quick and starts to trap little debris.

I've used a few variations rubber padding over the years.  One of the biggest challenges was finding a place that stocks the stuff.  The right thickness is a big deal so you can get the parts to fit and still eliminate movement.  I've used tool box drawer liner, stair tread grips, and PWC gripper mat material.  The PWC matting is great and comes in a variety of color and thickness combinations.  Anything with the 3M adhesive backing will stick like crazy. It is hard to find right now with a lot of shops doing seasonal shut downs, so finding the right one is tricky.

I've also seen quite a variety of furniture anti slip pad stuff.  I have not tried any of those products, but they might be worth a look.  Those are in quite a few of the home improvement and hardware stores.

• Thanks 1

Foam is fine if it is closed cell.  Open will collect water.

Something with run off space is good to.  I put this in multiple places on my boat this year.  Looks great, is easy to cut and has channels for the water to run.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0829DGPZ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jtri5DU.jpg

r5Xs5qB.jpg

In a few other places as well, but it would be a good liner IMO.

22 hours ago, Bontz said:

if it's bolts/screws go to the plumbing dept at Menards or a hardware store and you'll find a wide variety of rubber washers.  for foam, get topper tape which is closed cell and adhesive on only one side.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input on this one, fellas.  I ended up going with @Premium's suggestion & ordered the Kympex setup last night.  My existing Polaris bag is gonna end up with a buddy of mine, who's getting a very good deal on it :bc:

• Like 1