Poo has yet another stop sale, stop ride for sleds catching on fire....

krom

9 minutes ago, HSR said:

Nope STOP RIDING!!Ā 

30 reports of tank ruptures,including 16 fires and 1 injury. I guess 1 guys balls were frozenĀ :lol:

did I say šŸ›‘ riding?Ā 

no, that was Polaris.

life's a gamble... especially on a Polaris.Ā :roflcrying:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Worked for me since 2015. So what's the total now,, 31 sleds out of 230,000.Ā 

That number is only those who contacted the CPSC, or had a lawyer/insurance co contact poo.

There is no way to know how many burned and insurance paid for, or the customer took it in the ass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

Oh my.

Screenshot_20221219_180944_Facebook.jpg

Back in the day me and Dewey were going to have a fire at their house about a hundred yards from the house.Ā  Poured a few gallons of fuel on there that we thought was kerosene but it was gasoline.Ā  It was a five gallon can it might have even been all of it, I don't know why he put on that much but we were dumb kids.Ā  It was like a bomb.Ā  His sister ran out on the deck said it shook the whole house it was crazy.Ā  It blew me back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Back in the day me and Dewey were going to have a fire at their house about a hundred yards from the house.Ā  Poured a few gallons of fuel on there that we thought was kerosene but it was gasoline.Ā  It was a five gallon can it might have even been all of it, I don't know why he put on that much but we were dumb kids.Ā  It was like a bomb.Ā  His sister ran out on the deck said it shook the whole house it was crazy.Ā  It blew me back.

similar situation, burn barrel, aĀ quart or so ofĀ old gas... vapors... small bomb noise.

cops showed up a little laterĀ Ā :ashamed:

Ā 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

similar situation, burn barrel, aĀ quart or so ofĀ old gas... vapors... small bomb noise.

cops showed up a little laterĀ Ā :ashamed:

Ā 

LoL yeah it's the vapors that get you, not the liquid.Ā  I played with fire alot with various buddies one time we had the whole fire department out and got in trouble and had to attend some fire program with legit pyro freaks.Ā  Maybe Polaris should have took that class.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HSR said:

Tell me 1 other time in this industry that a manu. has told 230,000 owners NOT to use the very expensive toy they sold you. Never so just quit trying to act smart, it's very unbecoming of you.

Recalls happen all the fricking time with all kinds of manufactured goods. You have a short memory, remember the Toyotas that accelerated uncontrollably on cruise control or something? Surely you heard something about your favorite manufacturerā€™s issue with RZRā€™s bursting into flames.Ā 
Ā 

Polaris covered their ass legally, they told you do not ride. You want to ride it feel free. Just donā€™t get on the interweb pissing and moaning that your machine burned down and youā€™ve got 2nd degree burns on your wiener.

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

I don't know the legalities specifically.Ā  But I think if the manufacturer has communicated a stop ride notice to the customer for fires, and then the customer goes against the stop ride, it's not on Polaris.

Exactly. They acknowledged the danger, provided direction to their customers to prevent injury or property damage and are offering a free repair. They are covered legally and have no financial obligation to repair or replace any moronā€™s sled who couldnā€™t follow simple stop ride instructions.Ā 

10 minutes ago, mnstang said:

LoL yeah it's the vapors that get you, not the liquid.Ā  I played with fire alot with various buddies one time we had the whole fire department out and got in trouble and had to attend some fire program with legit pyro freaks.Ā  Maybe Polaris should have took that class.

i'm no longer allowed to light the annual brush pile inferno at the cottage with gasoline either... any moreĀ :(

Ā 

no one found my 100ft long vapor fuse amusing.Ā  also, AA Batteries make loud noises in a fire...Ā Ā ;)Ā 

:lmao:

IMG_20220924_172400237.jpg

8 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Recalls happen all the fricking time with all kinds of manufactured goods. You have a short memory, remember the Toyotas that accelerated uncontrollably on cruise control or something? Surely you heard something about your favorite manufacturerā€™s issue with RZRā€™s bursting into flames.Ā 
Ā 

Polaris covered their ass legally, they told you do not ride. You want to ride it feel free. Just donā€™t get on the interweb pissing and moaning that your machine burned down and youā€™ve got 2nd degree burns on your wiener.

Exactly. They acknowledged the danger, provided direction to their customers to prevent injury or property damage and are offering a free repair. They are covered legally and have no financial obligation to repair or replace any moronā€™s sled who couldnā€™t follow simple stop ride instructions.Ā 

Audi from back in the day... A classic case of stupid meeting opportunity.

https://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/history/the-audi-500-unintended-acceleration-debacle/#:~:text=In 1989%2C after three years,some other implicated foreign makesā€.Ā 

GM has some pyro issues as well... not Ford Pinto bad but GM had to create a lot of safety innovations after this.Ā 

https://www.autosafety.org/history-gm-side-saddle-gas-tank-defect/

let's not forget McDonald's hot coffee... Oh the horrors!!!

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

I don't know the legalities specifically.Ā  But I think if the manufacturer has communicated a stop ride notice to the customer for fires, and then the customer goes against the stop ride, it's not on Polaris.

This is exactly why Polaris issued the stop ride.

There's an issue and since Polaris issued the stop ride I'm sure any sled burning up is not their problem anymore.

Good luck with the insurance too....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

The update must not be that big of deal. Sled is done. Less than 24 hour turn around time.Ā 

The repair requires removal and reinstallation of the gas tank. The existing fuel pump is reused and it takes a tech 1 hour per sled.Ā 
Ā 

Definitely not worth the bitching and moaning some owners are doing about the recall. Most of them donā€™t have any snow to ride in anyway.Ā 

4 minutes ago, AK440 said:

The repair requires removal and reinstallation of the gas tank. The existing fuel pump is reused and it takes a tech 1 hour per sled.Ā 
Ā 

Definitely not worth the bitching and moaning some owners are doing about the recall. Most of them donā€™t have any snow to ride in anyway.Ā 

We knocked the dust off it Sunday and shoved it in the trailer. Now itā€™s back. Could probably ride it but are going to wait and see what the next snow bringsĀ 

10 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Ā 

All your pissing and moaning about Midwest riding .... there's all kinds of snow around here.Ā  So much so, that a lot of clubs are asking people to stay off the trails while crews try to clean up debris.Ā  Global warming!!! ....Ā :roflcrying:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AK440 said:

So one of my sons has had a trip out west to BC planned since last year, he stretched and narrowed his Assault in preparation and his 3 man squad have had the Abnb booked for months. Without him ,trip falls apart. Recall won't be done in time.

What would you do?

1 minute ago, HSR said:

So one of my sons has had a trip out west to BC planned since last year, he stretched and narrowed his Assault in preparation and his 3 man squad have had the Abnb booked for months. Without him ,trip falls apart. Recall won't be done in time.

What would you do?

Iā€™d immediately jump on the internet toĀ piss & moanĀ about it. Then Iā€™d call my dealer and bitch them out because you know, they have some type of control over it. Then Iā€™d jump back on the internet and update everyone about my pissing & moaning status.Ā 
Ā 

Or you could look at renting or borrowing a sled. You should alsoĀ reconsider your decision to not own more than one sled as all brands of snowmobiles are way overpriced garbageĀ compared to the machines in the other powersportĀ categories (ATVā€™s, motorcycles, etc.). Sleds have always had issues, the season is always too shortĀ and a guy is crazy not to own more than one sled if they want to be able to ride consistently.Ā 

But by all means continue to complain. How about you just ride it and figure the odds are with you that nothing is going to fucking happen?

11 minutes ago, HSR said:

What would you do?

You know exactly what he'd do.Ā  Spend time on a site he claims is pathetically laughable and has no trafficĀ :whistle:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Iā€™d immediately jump on the internet toĀ piss & moanĀ about it. Then Iā€™d call my dealer and bitch them out because you know, they have some type of control over it. Then Iā€™d jump back on the internet and update everyone about my pissing & moaning status.Ā 
Ā 

Or you could look at renting or borrowing a sled. You should alsoĀ reconsider your decision to not own more than one sled as all brands of snowmobiles are way overpriced garbageĀ compared to the machines in the other powersportĀ categories (ATVā€™s, motorcycles, etc.). Sleds have always had issues, the season is always too shortĀ and a guy is crazy not to own more than one sled if they want to be able to ride consistently.Ā 

But by all means continue to complain. How about you just ride it and figure the odds are with you that nothing is going to fucking happen?

Who's complainingĀ :dunno:Ā  He's going riding BTW with ZERO worry about a fireĀ :thumb: As am I. 100% faith nothing will happen just like the last 7 years.

2 hours ago, HSR said:

What would you do?

I don't know if anyone was saying they wouldn't still use the sled.Ā  The conversation at the time was more about liability if something does happen and some people were saying Polaris would be on the hook.Ā  That was the the topics, not if anyone else would or wouldn't still use it.

20210225-124005-on%20fire.JPG

:news:

then skip to 8:29 below... nice BMP can btw ;)

:lmao:, nah... just ride that Fawker!Ā Ā :roflcrying:

Ā 

Ā 

Cat hasn't brought a really new sled to market in a decade... but Polaris never disappoints on entertainment.Ā Ā 

Ā 

• Haha 1