Poo has yet another stop sale, stop ride for sleds catching on fire....

krom

5 hours ago, HSR said:

So one of my sons has had a trip out west to BC planned since last year, he stretched and narrowed his Assault in preparation and his 3 man squad have had the Abnb booked for months. Without him ,trip falls apart. Recall won't be done in time.

What would you do?

Ride the fucking thing. If it was that big of an issue they wouldn’t have waited a decade to recall it 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HSR said:

So one of my sons has had a trip out west to BC planned since last year, he stretched and narrowed his Assault in preparation and his 3 man squad have had the Abnb booked for months. Without him ,trip falls apart. Recall won't be done in time.

What would you do?

Sucks.

Think poo or insurance will do anything if sled burns?

It's a gamble, go for it.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 5:03 AM, awful knawful said:

This is exactly why Polaris issued the stop ride.

There's an issue and since Polaris issued the stop ride I'm sure any sled burning up is not their problem anymore.

Good luck with the insurance too....

I wouldn’t be so sure that they still couldn’t be on the hook for something or that insurance can just wipe their hands clean of it. Some people still have yet to get an official notice from Polaris on the deal. Social Media can’t be the only “official” means to notify customers about this. 

19 hours ago, HSR said:

What would you do?

Fill it with gas and SEND HER!  Closing in on 500 miles this season, and with 20k+ on sleds the last few years affected by the recall, um no, I'm not missing riding time...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I wouldn’t be so sure that they still couldn’t be on the hook for something or that insurance can just wipe their hands clean of it. Some people still have yet to get an official notice from Polaris on the deal. Social Media can’t be the only “official” means to notify customers about this. 

I’m not on Facebook and I heard about the recall. I did see the recall on Instagram and individual dealers are also notifying their customers. There was actually a story about it in the news in my area a few months ago. Basically you’d have to be living in a cave not to hear about it. Polaris isn’t sending out letters via certified mail. It’d be the owner’s word against theirs whether they received anything.

10 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Sucks.

Think poo or insurance will do anything if sled burns?

It's a gamble, go for it.

Nope. The owner will be on the hook for any damage. Insurance won’t cover it. The OEM told everyone to stop riding until they got it fixed.

2 hours ago, X2700 said:

Who knows if the recall fix is actually a fix?????

Yes it is. It takes an hour per sled to address the issue with the fuel pump.

6 minutes ago, krom said:

May be an image of text that says 'Justin Klippert 29m Has any one had a issues with there Polaris after the recall was done got mine done and 10 km later blew the thing up Like 15 comments Comment Send'

poo blew.jpg

Likely unrelated issue or simple internet bullshit.

46 minutes ago, AK440 said:

I’m not on Facebook and I heard about the recall. I did see the recall on Instagram and individual dealers are also notifying their customers. There was actually a story about it in the news in my area a few months ago. Basically you’d have to be living in a cave not to hear about it. Polaris isn’t sending out letters via certified mail. It’d be the owner’s word against theirs whether they received anything.

Nope. The owner will be on the hook for any damage. Insurance won’t cover it. The OEM told everyone to stop riding until they got it fixed.

one would have to be living under a rock not to hear about it... 

2,110 results... just in news

https://www.google.com/search?q=polaris+snowmobile+recall&client=ms-android-americamovil-us-revc&biw=320&bih=536&tbm=nws&sxsrf=ALiCzsZutbyyj9XR8Vq0LveqWbpOrjlzeQ%3A1671655422149&ei=_m-jY4vLCPu1qtsPzoiKoAw&oq=polaris+snowmobile+recall&gs_lcp=Cg9tb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXNlcnAQAzIKCAAQgAQQsQMQDTIHCAAQgAQQDTIHCAAQgAQQDTIHCAAQgAQQDTIHCAAQgAQQDTIHCAAQgAQQDTIHCAAQgAQQDTIHCAAQgAQQDToHCAAQsQMQQzoFCAAQgAQ6BggAEAcQHlDMDVibQWDcSmgAcAB4AIABdogBvAmSAQM1LjeYAQCgAQGqARltb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwLW1vZGVzwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-serp

4 hours ago, AK440 said:

I haven’t seen a single thing from Polaris about this recall for my Indy. Until they legitimately tell me, I don’t know shit. Thanks for the sharp legal advice though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I haven’t seen a single thing from Polaris about this recall for my Indy. Until they legitimately tell me, I don’t know shit. Thanks for the sharp legal advice though. 

Good job! Ignorance is bliss. Make sure to keep riding it and take the extra effort to start it inside your house garage while everyone is asleep then walk away and then go inside and take a shit or something.

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Good job! Ignorance is bliss. Make sure to keep riding it and take the extra effort to start it inside your house garage while everyone is asleep then walk away and then go inside and take a shit or something.

a bit unnecessarily harsh there 

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Guys are Buds now huh? What happened? :lol:

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

how about you kill yourself you inbred alaskan piece of shit ? :pc:

Edited by EvilBird

8 hours ago, AK440 said:

Funny part is, this post would be more useful in winning a legal case than one about the recall. So, thanks for that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Funny part is, this post would be more useful in winning a legal case than one about the recall. So, thanks for that. 

Ride your sled brocephous. Bitching about it on the internet isn’t going to change the fact you have a Molotov cocktail for a machine. :lol:

Odds are more likely the anti-freeze drinking, Iron Dog promoting, bridging bumps is real, this site sucks guy will have his EXT start on fire before any Polaris sled that's listed in the Stop/Ride.

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Bitching about it on the internet

Dude I've seen more bitching and crying about Polaris from you than all the owners on all the forums put together. 

Did a guy in a Polaris sweater steal your high school crush or something? Teabagged ya? 

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Not supposed to be possible on the GDF forum… but, that was the old place. This new one appears to have gotten soft and more sensitive.

49 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Odds are more likely the anti-freeze drinking, Iron Dog promoting, bridging bumps is real, this site sucks guy will have his EXT start on fire before any Polaris sled that's listed in the Stop/Ride.

My EXT isn’t under a stop ride recall like your self igniting shit box. :lol:

2 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Not supposed to be possible on the GDF forum… but, that was the old place. This new one appears to have gotten soft and more sensitive.

well I was drinking so :wacko:

8 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Can't be a stop ride on something that doesn't run. 

On 12/20/2022 at 1:29 PM, HSR said:

What would you do?

Yeah, not bitching and crying about it at all. :lol: :owned:

image.gif.dbdf7afb6b2cd7a6096d4085eb9f1611.gif

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Dude I've seen more bitching and crying about Polaris from you than all the owners on all the forums put together. 

Did a guy in a Polaris sweater steal your high school crush or something? Teabagged ya?