Poo has yet another stop sale, stop ride for sleds catching on fire....

krom

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

🤷

Screenshot_20221219-150733.png

I sure as hell hope the daughter, or whoever was sitting on that sled, is OK.  I also wonder, what the circumstances were surrounding the "event" ... was it damn near empty, old gas, etc?  I hope it was full of fresh fuel, like Polaris claims in their Stop/Ride statement, so this gets fixed on Polaris' dime and not at the expense of the owner/insurance.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I sure as hell hope the daughter, or whoever was sitting on that sled, is OK.  I also wonder, what the circumstances were surrounding the "event" ... was it damn near empty, old gas, etc?  I hope it was full of fresh fuel, like Polaris claims in their Stop/Ride statement, so this gets fixed on Polaris' dime and not at the expense of the owner/insurance.

Polaris provided directions to avoid this and is providing a free fix. What more can they do if owners don’t listen? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Polaris provided directions to avoid this and is providing a free fix. What more can they do if owners don’t listen? 

Saying don't ride it really isn't an acceptable direction.

8 minutes ago, HSR said:

Sure, people aren’t going to like it but what else can they do until the owner brings it in for repair? Say fuck it and ride it anyway? That worked out really well for the dude on FB. 

Edited by AK440
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Sure, people aren’t going to like it but what else can they do until the owner brings it in for repair? Say fuck it and ride it anyway? That worked out really well for the dude on FB. 

Worked for me since 2015. So what's the total now,, 31 sleds out of 230,000. 

36 minutes ago, HSR said:

Especially when a dealer tells you, "You're number 144 on the list so realistically we won't be getting to your sled until February at the earliest, if at all this season."  That's what a riding buddy of mine was told by the big name dealer in our area (original dealer purchased from no longer exists).

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Especially when a dealer tells you, "You're number 144 on the list so realistically we won't be getting to your sled until February at the earliest, if at all this season."  That's what a riding buddy of mine was told by the big name dealer in our area (original dealer purchased from no longer exists).

That’s just the way it goes sometimes. If the owner chooses to ride it and it burns up then that decision was on them. It’s really no different than some other part breaking and ending a guy’s season. If a person is serious about riding they should always keep a back up sled in their fleet. 

I don’t feel sorry for anyone who’s sled explodes into a great ball of fire.  

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Last I spoke to my dealer he said he just got the 22's done and had kits coming to get on the 21's but has no idea how many kits he will get.When he asked what year mine was I scrambled and gave him my 2 boys 17 assault info and added my 15 to theirs on the list as he knows I'm 1.5hrs away. He said not to wait by the phone and laughed and laughed. 

4 minutes ago, AK440 said:

That’s just the way it goes sometimes.

Tell me 1 other time in this industry that a manu. has told 230,000 owners NOT to use the very expensive toy they sold you. Never so just quit trying to act smart, it's very unbecoming of you.

I don't know the legalities specifically.  But I think if the manufacturer has communicated a stop ride notice to the customer for fires, and then the customer goes against the stop ride, it's not on Polaris.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Tell me 1 other time in this industry that a manu. has told 230,000 owners NOT to use the very expensive toy they sold you. Never so just quit trying to act smart, it's very unbecoming of you.

It really doesn't matter if it has or hasn't been done in the past.  

It HAS happened now and that's all that matters.  

Polaris said, "If you need to start your snowmobile, ensure the gas tank is filled with fresh fuel."  It this were a legit stop ride the verbiage of the letter would be, "The machine should not be started, under any circumstances, until fixed."  With 230K sleds needing to be repaired, Polaris knew this wasn't going to happen in one season let alone early in the season.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HSR said:

I get that it's not acceptable to you as a customer.  But it's pretty simple, Polaris said STOP RIDE.  They did that for a reason and that was to absolve them of more fires.  In a court of law, they did everything they could do, issued a recall and told customers to not use the machine until it's fixed, period.  And the customer went against their specific instructions.  I get you don't like that answer from the manufacturer but I know you guys will keep blowing Polaris every chance you get anyway which I just don't understand that but whatever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I get that it's not acceptable to you as a customer.  But it's pretty simple, Polaris said STOP RIDE.  They did that for a reason and that was to absolve them of more fires.  In a court of law, they did everything they could do, issued a recall and told customers to not use the machine until it's fixed, period.  And the customer went against their specific instructions.  I get you don't like that answer from the manufacturer but I know you guys will keep blowing Polaris every chance you get anyway which I just don't understand that but whatever.

Wow! THANKS!

Screenshot_20221219-175120_Samsung Internet.jpg

27 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I don't know the legalities specifically.  But I think if the manufacturer has communicated a stop ride notice to the customer for fires, and then the customer goes against the stop ride, it's not on Polaris.

You mean to tell me Polaris replaces any of their sleds that catch on fire? Here I thought guys had to use insurance. 

Or are you talking liability for injuries because the first 30 guys got catapulted into low orbit , the ISS reported a spaceman in Axys gear flying by. Hence why nobody heard about it.

Please more education :lol:

38 minutes ago, HSR said:

I agree, they said don't... but if you do take these precautions.  How do we know that it was due to the recall?  Could have been a GGB mountain can and an oil line that came off... another Polaris inconvenience.

36 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I agree... but don't know their total obligations.  Who's to say for certain it was the fuel tank at this point?  I just see a carcass... shitty deal no matter how you slice it 

28 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Polaris said, "If you need to start your snowmobile, ensure the gas tank is filled with fresh fuel."  It this were a legit stop ride the verbiage of the letter would be, "The machine should not be started, under any circumstances, until fixed."  With 230K sleds needing to be repaired, Polaris knew this wasn't going to happen in one season let alone early in the season.

and we have no possible way to know if the owner/rider followed their advise.  do we? 

guy I spoke with at the local poo dealer was very specific about the must ride my sled procedure.

I'd wager the owner said LOL, nothing is going to happen to me!

Then ...🔥

:lol2:lets post it on the gram and Facebook.

18 minutes ago, HSR said:

You mean to tell me Polaris replaces any of their sleds that catch on fire? Here I thought guys had to use insurance. 

Or are you talking liability for injuries because the first 30 guys got catapulted into low orbit , the ISS reported a spaceman in Axys gear flying by. Hence why nobody heard about it.

Please more education :lol:

I'm guessing he means that is their way of not getting sued if someone rides, it blows to the moon, and they get hurt.

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I agree, they said don't... but if you do take these precautions.

Nope STOP RIDING!! 

30 reports of tank ruptures,including 16 fires and 1 injury. I guess 1 guys balls were frozen :lol:

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

I'm guessing he means that is their way of not getting sued if someone rides, it blows to the moon, and they get hurt.

Yup I understand that, that's why it's a STOP RIDE not a "if you must ride follow these steps"

Screenshot_20221219-183301_Samsung Internet.jpg