Poo has yet another stop sale, stop ride for sleds catching on fire....

krom

snowmobiles-xxs.jpg?v=7e07c3b3

Polaris Issues Stop Ride / Stop Sale for Some Model Year 2022-2023 MATRYX RMK KHAOS and PRO Snowmobiles

Polaris has determined that under certain operating conditions, some Model Year 2022-2023 MATRYX RMK KHAOS and PRO snowmobiles may be susceptible to brake system overheating.  Brake overheating may increase the risk of a fire, posing a risk of serious injury.

Number of affected vehicles: approximately 23,600 units globally

Number of incidents: Polaris has identified 60 reports of heat/brake drag, including 14 reports of fire as a result of this concern. No reports of personal injury or property damage have been identified.

Consumers should immediately stop using the impacted units. Polaris is currently evaluating a comprehensive action plan to correct this concern at no cost to consumers and will contact affected consumers once determined. DO NOT attempt any repairs yourself.

https://www.polaris.com/en-us/recalls/off-road/polaris-issues-stop-ride-stop-sale-some-2022-2023-matrix-rmk-khaos-and-pro-snowmobiles/

Another stop sale/ stop ride with no fix

another poo fire issue.jpg

Edited by krom
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

You do a search on Cat recalls and the list is quite extensive. To lazy to post them. Of course the numbers affected are quite low compared to Poo. Could be market share.

Go ahead do a search on how many stop sale/stop ride cat has had in the last 5 years, do the same for poo, doo and Yami and post the results.

Post the ones for machines catching on fire in red.

Feel free to do dirt product too.

Edited by krom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

You do a search on Cat recalls and the list is quite extensive. To lazy to post them. Of course the numbers affected are quite low compared to Poo. Could be market share.

Nah ... go ahead and let @krom enjoy this.  Grab a beer and a bag of popcorn & sit back and enjoy :lol2:

3 hours ago, krom said:

Go ahead do a search on how many stop sale/stop ride cat has had in the last 5 years, do the same for poo, doo and Yami and post the results.

Why would they do all that when they don't want to know the truth.  Much easier to just say this is krom being krom and forget the facts because they are inconvenient for them.

You'd think they could at least just take it on the chin but they somehow blame the guy for posting about ALL of these stop sale recalls.  It's frickin non stop with Polaris and that's not including all their problems that don't get recalled like the first year of UNMATCHED DURABILITY 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, krom said:

Did the 5 year check on Cat. Lot's of fire related issues. You are blind to it. All of these mfr's have their issues. To lay waste on one mfr with your constant diarrhea spewing mouth and giving a free pass to the others shows how mindless you are. In this day and age none of these companies should be putting out product like this. Including your beloved Arctic Cat. What is also telling is that the company you pick on out sells your brand 10 - 1 in every segment. Says a lot about your brand:thumbdown:

• Haha 2

I'm just enjoying my popcorn and beer ... and the entertainment.  I do have to share though, first hand experience with a guy we ride with and his Wildcat ... apparently he missed the Stop Ride from Cat? :lol2:

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

1 hour ago, Tripleflipper said:

Did the 5 year check on Cat. Lot's of fire related issues. You are blind to it. All of these mfr's have their issues. To lay waste on one mfr with your constant diarrhea spewing mouth and giving a free pass to the others shows how mindless you are. In this day and age none of these companies should be putting out product like this. Including your beloved Arctic Cat. What is also telling is that the company you pick on out sells your brand 10 - 1 in every segment. Says a lot about your brand:thumbdown:

As usual you are full of shit. 

Post the list of stop ride stop sales for AC and Poo

Then you can post the sled market share numbers, to show us you aren't only full of shit, but an absolute fucking moron too.. 

As a hint poo doesn't have 10x what AC does, let alone AC+Yami.

BTW poo has 2 separate unrelated unrelated stop ride/stop sale emergencies right now, affecting the same machines.  Find any point in time that has happened to any other sled manufacture.

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

@krom - serious question ... honest to God, no ball busting with this one.  This fuel issue that Polaris is dealing with?  Do they really use a different fuel pump than anyone else?  I think I know the answer to that, but it just seems odd to me that an industry like snowmobiling would have much for differentiation in a very common component.  It's not like there's cutting edge technology with fuel pumps.  And I know it's not the pump itself (or at least that's my understanding) .. it's the hose clamps being used, I'm pretty sure??

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

well when you use the same chassis for 10 years you would think the last 5 should be perfection

I agree, they are.  Perfection.

No stop sales on top of stop sales.   What's more embarrassing than that is people sticking up for such shitty quality.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

@krom - serious question ... honest to God, no ball busting with this one.  This fuel issue that Polaris is dealing with?  Do they really use a different fuel pump than anyone else?  I think I know the answer to that, but it just seems odd to me that an industry like snowmobiling would have much for differentiation in a very common component.  It's not like there's cutting edge technology with fuel pumps.  And I know it's not the pump itself (or at least that's my understanding) .. it's the hose clamps being used, I'm pretty sure??

I haven't seen what poo is doing in the tank that is different from AC/yami, or BRP, but it must be something to do with grounding of components that someone at poo missed, it looks like its gone across a couple of their product lines, as there is a recall for some ATV that can catch fire from static discharge when fueling.

AC uses Walbro (bough out by TE Automotive afik) and has as far back as I know (fire cats for sure) They've also been conscious about grounding in the tank, and point it out in the service manual or updates when needed.

39 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

not Krommy, but I'd bet purchasing (the bean counters) overrode what engineering identified as the appropriate component.  $0.01 here, $0.01 there... take your chances.

Pennies will cause product changes

Edited by krom
  • Like 3

I don't know whether to laugh, or be pissed off ... I guess I'd be pissed if I didn't have the XCR to ride.  The stop ride debacle doesn't prevent me from riding, or anyone else in our group so I guess it's a matter of seeing it for what it is.  I suppose I could jump ship, but I ain't going to a Doo .... and Cat?  Well, we all know the story there with the non-snowmobiling gal running the show :news:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I don't know whether to laugh, or be pissed off ... I guess I'd be pissed if I didn't have the XCR to ride.  The stop ride debacle doesn't prevent me from riding, or anyone else in our group so I guess it's a matter of seeing it for what it is.  I suppose I could jump ship, but I ain't going to a Doo .... and Cat?  Well, we all know the story there with the non-snowmobiling gal running the show :news:

Did you just assume her gender!?:ashamed:

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2022 at 7:14 AM, Frostynuts said:

I can understand the reason for the stop ride, but why the stop sale ? Why not sell them if you can, and hold on to it til it can be updated ?

If it’s un safe you have to do a stop Sale. If you sell something that is un save you open yourself wide up to law suites 

• Like 3