had my sled at the dealer  for 10 days ,, was told 3 days ,,went in today and still not done ,, took it home,, not happy how Polaris handled this  dealer said I cant take it,, told him my lawyer could be there in 5 min,, wants me to sign some wavier ,, didn't sign shit, like wt f8888k been riding it 5 years ,now Polaris is saying there's a issue come on man 

5 minutes ago, polaris7541 said:

had my sled at the dealer  for 10 days ,, was told 3 days ,,went in today and still not done ,, took it home,, not happy how Polaris handled this  dealer said I cant take it,, told him my lawyer could be there in 5 min,, wants me to sign some wavier ,, didn't sign shit, like wt f8888k been riding it 5 years ,now Polaris is saying there's a issue come on man 

Yes, I'm seeing recall notices posted all over the web. I think Polaris is making a mountain out of a molehill IMO. Good luck. 

The whole fuel recall/stop ride thing ... it's 100% a CYA thing for Polaris.  And for a dealer to claim you can't take your sled is a bunch of bullshit when the letter claims you can just fill your sled with fresh fuel.  I mean, how stupid can it be when the actual letter from Polaris says one thing and then contradicts it as follows:

DO NOT OPERATE YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL THIS SAFETY RECALL HAS BEEN COMPLETED BY YOUR DELER.

If a rider needs to start their snowmobile, they must make sure the fuel tank is full and if it is not then they need to add fresh gasoline to the tank.

• Like 1

This is putting a heavy load on the dealers and they are the ones taking the blunt of the hit from the customer's.  

With the stop ride is Polaris going to extend the warranties on these sleds with a stop ride for the length of time it takes for Polaris to get the parts to the dealers.

Friend that works part-time at a dealership he use to own and all he said to me today is I'm glad I don't have to face the customer's about this.

1 minute ago, Doug said:

This is putting a heavy load on the dealers and they are the ones taking the blunt of the hit from the customer's.  

With the stop ride is Polaris going to extend the warranties on these sleds with a stop ride for the length of time it takes for Polaris to get the parts to the dealers.

Friend that works part-time at a dealership he use to own and all he said to me today is I'm glad I don't have to face the customer's about this.

Polaris needs to extend warranties and admit the fact there's a better chance of winning the lottery and then being struck by lightning the same day than there is of their sled blowing up with good/fresh fuel in it.

• Like 1

There's a higher percentage chance of your vehicle starting on fire while filling it up than your sled starting on fire.

Should issue a "stop fill" until all gas stations install a grounding cable to attach to your vehicle before filling.

• Like 4

well after reading a few post on sleds completed, AND DAMAGED, glad I picked it up ,, I seriously would have to put the hert on some one if it happened to me,, this whole fuel thing really seems like bs ,, sleds way back to 13 are to have  this issue and now they just found this out , really don't think its a static charge issue either . I think something is causing a spark, from the fuel sender, sleds without electric gauges are not affected

Edited by polaris7541

The $27 Million they were fined by the CPSC for not reporting defects on the RZR's is why you see so many of these stop rides from them.  It was the largest fine ever levied  on a company by that agency.  This sort of thing will definitely cause a companies attorney's to go ape shit on anything that is identified as a potential issue with any of their products. 

So far Polaris has avoided all of the private litigation relating to fires by settling them out of court.  Their lawyers know it's only a matter of time before they get a defendant that wants their day in court and if they win opens up the flood gates for anyone that has had similar damages whether it is their fault or not.  You can't blame Polaris for being overly cautious.  It sucks for their customers but it is what it is.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Newsroom/News-Releases/2018/Polaris-Agrees-to-Pay-27-25-Million-Civil-Penalty-for-Failure-to-Report-Defective

I know a guy who's 2015 caught fire a few thousand miles in, and they gave him a $10k voucher towards a new sled - which only cost him $1200 more at that time.

This recall thing isn't new, they've known about it for some time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I know a guy who's 2015 caught fire a few thousand miles in, and they gave him a $10k voucher towards a new sled - which only cost him $1200 more at that time.

This recall thing isn't new, they've known about it for some time.

Another thing you need to watch is if you/someone takes the fuel pump assembly out when it's reassembled that the seal does roll on the tank neck.  I've seen that before.  After reassembled they should shake the sled or lift the back to make sure it doesn't leak.

here's what I heard firsthand from a dealer... it's a few stainless hose clamps and let's call it the level sensor card being replaced.  

static discharge

before starting your sled or filling it up, touch the handlebars (metal) while standing on the ground and if possible don't fill it while it's in the trailer. 

in a nutshell 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, XCR INDY said:

Finally got a confirmed repair date of Dec 27th for both of my sleds. 

good for you, maybe the parts are finally gettin out.  I should prob look into it again. guess i just dont GAF enough. :lmao: