Thanksgiving plans

ckf

Traveling to my sister's place for a very non-traditional meal.  She's got a bit of a hectic week, but wanted to host anyway since she's in the middle for everyone as far as travel goes.  We're doing pizzas and wings on the smoker(s) :roflcrying:  Saturday, those who can make the drive work for them, we'll meet at my parents place and have a traditional meal.  Looking forward to my oldest daughter being home and getting a chance to see everyone for the first time in almost a year.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend ... yes, even you guys I butt heads with!! :bc:

Edited by Bontz
  • Like 8

Same thing we always do.  Travel to the in-laws on Thursday and then my family on Saturday.  Eat and drink too much and do everything possible to avoid discussing politics, religion or healthcare issues.

Hope everyone has a good turkey day no matter how you spend it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

:lol: I can't decide if I'm gonna wear my "Semi Fascist" or "I smell Hippies" (Ronald Reagan) t shirts.  All 4 of our daughters and their husbands/boyfriends coming, along with our 2 grand daughters.  One of the bfs is a fairly useless wokie with the shaved side, purple braided hair on top and man bun.  He literally looks like a walking antifa meme and I'm pretty sure he couldn't even change a tire.  :lol: But still looking forward to it along with some granddaughter time.  Taking off early tomorrow and not going back til Monday.

I'd have to choose between showing him how to change tire or cuffing him upside the head and asking wtf is wrong with you? ..........or both. :lmao:

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I'd have to choose between showing him how to change tire or cuffing him upside the head and asking wtf is wrong with you? ..........or both. :lmao:

I remember one of my daughter's lame ass boyfriend... curbed his car and called me and the wife.

Yep. Had to school him on changing the tire.

Embarrassing, really.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

We always host my side of the family on Wednesday and the wife's on Friday.   I'm gonna cut snowmobile trails on Thanksgiving and maybe do a bit of bow hunting.  Smoking beef loin and turkey breasts for both gatherings. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 5

I applaud everyone that is hosting, cooking and putting on the celebrations.   It's a lot of work and while logistics do not allow us the possibility of hosting the gathering I do realize just how much time, effort and money goes into that.  We usually have a couple of family parties in the summer and it can get hectic.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jdsky said:

I applaud everyone that is hosting, cooking and putting on the celebrations.   It's a lot of work and while logistics do not allow us the possibility of hosting the gathering I do realize just how much time, effort and money goes into that.  We usually have a couple of family parties in the summer and it can get hectic.   

To much work for one meal IMO. We don't do as many of the side dishes as we used to, but still way more than needed.

• Like 1

Going to sister in laws for a feast. Go up a couple hrs early and while the wife helps her sister Me and sis's boyfriend will grab a deer rifle and take a walk out back.

Then Sunday cooking a bird here.

• Like 1

After 17 years of the wife working holidays due to her old state job, she changed jobs over the summer so this will be the first Thanksgiving we will be doing a full dinner with family coming over, my days of Hungry Man turkey dinners is over

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

After 17 years of the wife working holidays due to her old state job, she changed jobs over the summer so this will be the first Thanksgiving we will be doing a full dinner with family coming over, my days of Hungry Man turkey dinners is over

Nice!:thumbsup:

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, Freddy the Freeloader said:

Minnie and myself will be soup kitchen hopping then a fine canned thanksgiving dinner at the mission followed by giving Minnie a hose down and dousing her in perfume and doing the nasty

Who is this guy and where the fuck has he been?  LOLOLOLOL

Wife and I aren't doing shit.  Family is/was going to the MSP for turkey day at my liberal fucking sisters place.  Fuck all that.  Drive 6 hours for a turkey meal?  Hell no.  

Edited by poopooforme

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Going to sister in laws for a feast. Go up a couple hrs early and while the wife helps her sister Me and sis's boyfriend will grab a deer rifle and take a walk out back.

Then Sunday cooking a bird here.

To the train station? :lol:

• Haha 2

Heading out now early to meet a new Firework connection...about an hour and a half drive.

We normally go to the BIL house for T-Giving but his wife has covid....so this afternoon we will be going to DIL which is only a mile away. Will be watching football and drinking with her Faggot son.:bc:......tomorrow working....double time plus holiday pay.

• Like 1

Going to the wife’s nephews. The wife was supposed to bring banana bread but we ate half of it last night , just after it came out of the oven. :lol: I believe she is sending me to the store in a bit for plan B?  Their house is only 25 miles away,so we have time. I’m bringing Three bottles of Buffalo Trace products, so most of the people there stay hydrated. :bc:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, poopooforme said:

Who is this guy and where the fuck has he been?  LOLOLOLOL

Wife and I aren't doing shit.  Family is/was going to the MSP for turkey day at my liberal fucking sisters place.  Fuck all that.  Drive 6 hours for a turkey meal?  Hell no.  

I am a feller with many secrets, I don't get on much as it's difficult to distract Sister Mary Elephant so I can infiltrate her office at the mission to gain interweb access

• Haha 1