$500 a cord

BOHICA

Prices have ticked up steady and the cheapest 10 cord delivery available from loggers is right at about $100 per for tamarack and $120 or so for mixed hardwood. That’s “seasoned” so basically still green. 

up here  green short tree length  ( 25ft) 130 to 140 if you can find some. hard wood pulp price is close to that. as far as klim dried not only dose it dry it  but it kills the bugs. the state of maine was taking camp fire wood away from the tourist and replacing it. the emerald ash borer crossed the river from ny to ct on a log truck. 500 ++ in boston sounds about right those libs deserve it. in case anyone asks how they get the wood out of the trailer. its a live floor

• USA Contributing Member

A friend at work just bought a house with trees down and debranched.  I’m short wood this year so I took my saw and cut into a couple of pieces, found some good stuff that looks ready to burn. Most of it is ash, I’ve read that you can burn this  right away. I don’t have a tool to measure the water content, a lot of it has been down for a couple years and I’m splitting it as I cut it.  Going to spend the next couple Saturdays over there. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Why bother burning wood at those prices? It’s not worth the hassle for that money I’d rather just get propane and do nothing. A seasoned cord is $350 here. I had to look up prices just to see $650-825 cord at a place in Newton (about 10mi outside Boston) 268F2B08-9157-4E3E-8532-045DBFF628E6.thumb.png.24d7f28ce00a920e74edd918b3b78e9a.png

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

got it all for free , 2 houses over. Put the forks on the tractor and drove it over

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

Did the same thing a couple weeks ago, neighbors took down some white ash and I got it for helping clean up. Already had 10 cord cut and split so I'm good for awhile. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Ahh no , there is no $35 cords of wood. Why do you post shit you have zero clue about 

Ben I have been in the logging industry my whole life I can get a face cord of fire wood in northern Wisconsin for $35 for fire wood, maybe not the best wood, guys are selling alone the road all the time. Semi load of cut 8' clean wood you cut down for $750.00. Guys in southern Wi would love to buy it from up north Wi but we have a three-county rule in the state of Wisconsin due to the ash borer disease. I should have said face cord but still its a great price. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Ben I have been in the logging industry my whole life I can get a face cord of fire wood in northern Wisconsin for $35 for fire wood, maybe not the best wood, guys are selling alone the road all the time. Semi load of cut 8' clean wood you cut down for $750.00. Guys in southern Wi would love to buy it from up north Wi but we have a three-county rule in the state of Wisconsin due to the ash borer disease. I should have said face cord but still its a great price. 

Lol. That sounds like campfire wood. Not heating 

• Gold Member
45 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

got it all for free , 2 houses over. Put the forks on the tractor and drove it over

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

I love when wood burning guys say FREE.  Ya cause the tractor, saw, stove, maul, time, more time, and more time are all free......

28 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Face cord :lol: 

• Gold Member

we got a pellet stove. go through a bag a day in the dead of winter.7 bucks cad a bag.

some days ill just turn it on for 3 or 4 hours and shut it down awhile.

no complaints. good clean heat. little cleaner and easier to deal with vs wood.no savings in cost but save alot of the labor and mess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

we got a pellet stove. go through a bag a day in the dead of winter.7 bucks cad a bag.

some days ill just turn it on for 3 or 4 hours and shut it down awhile.

no complaints. good clean heat. little cleaner and easier to deal with vs wood.no savings in cost but save alot of the labor and mess.

been using pellets since 1996. harmon stove kicks ass with hamer's hot ones pellets. pricey but hot as hell

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I got more dead red elm (Dutch Elm disease) on the property than I could burn in 100 years.  

When we burned years ago, that was the old man’s favorite!  Burned just as hot as oak and actually left less ashes.