Huge demographic shift in RV’ers.

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Don’t forget the TV that magically rises from the credenza 

My boat has that!  :lol: 

Not really, but I've seen many that do.  :lol: 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

The whole van life craze will end soon Imo. Instagram preferences will change, The short term rental market boom is bust, housing markets will settle back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

The whole van life craze will end soon Imo. Instagram preferences will change, The short term rental market boom is bust, housing markets will settle back. 

Its already starting to flounder. Way less people on BLM land. Those of us that enjoy the outdoors and all it’s pleasures will stay true. All good. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

After seeing how much the wife and I liked hiking in Colorado this fall we are considering an "off road" trailer.  One we can take back in on forest roads and get away from the crowds.  When talking with a Ranger out there he said its the secret not many know about or people aren't willing to do.   In National forests you don't need to camp at a designated camp site.  Just need to be 100' away from any water source.  These area's have dirt/gravel roads that get you way back in.

https://www.opuscamper.us/op-15/

https://www.blackseries.net/travel-trailers/hq21.html

• Like 1

Starlink and vanlife will ruin the backcountry if it keeps being such a fad.

I'm surprised there haven't been more stories about millenial van dorks getting stranded in the mountain snows and having to abandon van until spring.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Starlink and vanlife will ruin the backcountry if it keeps being such a fad.

I'm surprised there haven't been more stories about millenial van dorks getting stranded in the mountain snows and having to abandon van until spring.

The main issue is the filthy fucks that don’t clean up after themselves. I belong to a group that does garbage pick up on some of the BLM land. It’s pretty disgusting how people disrespect the land. 

Some friends of ours have been living in a pull behind camper the last couple years once they started working remote.  Both their employers wanted them to come back to the office so they quit and found better paying jobs that are fully remote.  

The insane run up of housing prices fueled the RV/camper market.  It wasn't just weekend summer campers either, many living in them full time who were priced out of the housing market.

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Some friends of ours have been living in a pull behind camper the last couple years once they started working remote.  Both their employers wanted them to come back to the office so they quit and found better paying jobs that are fully remote.  

The insane run up of housing prices fueled the RV/camper market.  It wasn't just weekend summer campers either, many living in them full time who were priced out of the housing market.

That may be the case with lower income people that are mainly apartment dwellers. For the most part the full time lifestyle evolved for people with higher incomes. They bought an RV at the beginning of Covid and fell in love with the lifestyle. They sold their homes at elevated prices and liquidated a lot of the shit they accumulated. 

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The main issue is the filthy fucks that don’t clean up after themselves. I belong to a group that does garbage pick up on some of the BLM land. It’s pretty disgusting how people disrespect the land. 

51 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

That may be the case with lower income people that are mainly apartment dwellers. For the most part the full time lifestyle evolved for people with higher incomes. They bought an RV at the beginning of Covid and fell in love with the lifestyle. They sold their homes at elevated prices and liquidated a lot of the shit they accumulated. 

Is the trailer park in a gated community?

:lol:

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Is the trailer park in a gated community?

:lol:

I feel the same way....I would never RV on the east coast basically you are in a trailer park. However, out west where you can us federal land, I could see utilizing one.

Edited by SkisNH
  • Like 1