8 year cost of ownership…. EV vs ICE

BOHICA

I got one buddy with a half ton Chevy diesel that gets like 28 mpg...@$5 change a gallon.  Another one bought one of those Rivians, cool little rig, but nothing you can tow a couple sleds to Maine with.  I need a 3/4 ton like a hole in the head, it gets around 14 mpg, but at least it takes regular.:lol: 

33 minutes ago, Snake said:

If you want to spend the rest of your adult life counting every mile, every kilowatt, have at it.

By no means am I rich but things are good enough where I won't be worrying about shit like that. I am sure there are, and that's their deal. But I sure as hell didn't work my whole life to be CONSUMED by the thought of a few hundred dollars a month.

At my age,I would be dead before a EV and solar panels would pay for themselves. 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I got one buddy with a half ton Chevy diesel that gets like 28 mpg...@$5 change a gallon.  Another one bought one of those Rivians, cool little rig, but nothing you can tow a couple sleds to Maine with.  I need a 3/4 ton like a hole in the head, it gets around 14 mpg, but at least it takes regular.:lol: 

If I recall,you bought that base model pipe line rig right. It’s out in the driveway printing money as we speak. :lol:

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Old article…. Tax credits have been expanded.

Rare earths are not part of the majority of modern EV batteries.  Rare earths are used in petroleum refining.  Oil industry is one of the largest consumers of rare earths.

the stupidity of the republicans is staggering.  It’s like they are all inbred or something with how dumb they are.

On 11/12/2022 at 10:49 AM, BOHICA said:

Why would you make that comparison.  Tesla aren’t cross shoppers of corollas or vice versa.  2 different class of vehicles.  

Why not compare a Corolla to a Bolt?  Sun $30k priced cars.

Both pretty much same build quality with Corolla  coming on on top. 

4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Old article…. Tax credits have been expanded.

Rare earths are not part of the majority of modern EV batteries.  Rare earths are used in petroleum refining.  Oil industry is one of the largest consumers of rare earths.

the stupidity of the republicans is staggering.  It’s like they are all inbred or something with how dumb they are.

My fusion 900 is the best 

• Haha 1

If ev so great why the tax credits.You want one you pay for it!!why the hell am i paying for your ev!!

Also wind and solar at its lowest point at night and demand is going to flip and go up at night!

Actually think hybrid way to go  myself!

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, X2700 said:

If ev so great why the tax credits.You want one you pay for it!!why the hell am i paying for your ev!!

Also wind and solar at its lowest point at night and demand is going to flip and go up at night!

Actually think hybrid way to go  myself!

You are not paying for it unless you consider other peoples money as your own….  Fucking Democrat!

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You are not paying for it unless you consider other peoples money as your own….  Fucking Democrat!

its a tax credit correct?

so its an amount you take off your taxes so basically your not paying your share of taxes?

just wondering how this credit works?

Hows the road tax getting figured in on ev's?

Edited by X2700

• Gold Member
34 minutes ago, X2700 said:

its a tax credit correct?

so its an amount you take off your taxes so basically your not paying your share of taxes?

just wondering how this credit works?

Non refundable…. Meaning you have to have a tax obligations to take advantage.  53% of Americans pay no income taxes thanks to Trumps individual tax plan.  0% income tax obligations for 53% of all Americans.

It’s just a favorable tax situation that some get to take advantage of.  Kind of like itemizing and taking advantage of such things as mortgage interest deductions…. Not everybody can take advantage of mortgage interest deductions so those with mortgage interest are shifting tax burden to those without mortgage interest???? 

Another situation the same as EV tax credit is those that contribute to 401k’s…. Lowering there taxable income shifting the tax burden to other tax payers that may not be able to afford 401k’s????

Non refundable tax credits are just credits allowing individuals to keep more of their own money.  It’s not nobody else’s money besides the individual that it applies too.  Nobody else pays more cause of the tax credits of any kind.

Edited by BOHICA

1 minute ago, X2700 said:

Someone’s going to pay for it one way or another.

my point is that if ev such a good deal why the credit?

Well, start with lobbyists with deep pockets and go from there...

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Someone’s going to pay for it one way or another.

my point is that if ev such a good deal why the credit?

Not you.  Somebody else’s tax dollars is not your money….  Unless you are the AOC and the Squad type….  They like other’s money.  Your taxes don’t go up because of somebody else non refundable tax credits and deductions.  Your taxes likely went down with Trump tax plan.

Those against any non refundable tax credits or deductions of individuals are those that want other peoples money and believe it belongs to them rather then the individual paying them.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Not you.  Somebody else’s tax dollars is not your money….  Unless you are the AOC and the Squad type….  They like other’s money.  Your taxes don’t go up because of somebody else non refundable tax credits and deductions.  Your taxes likely went down with Trump tax plan.

Those against any non refundable tax credits or deductions of individuals are those that want other peoples money and believe it belongs to them rather then the individual paying them.

The government makes nothing. It produces nothing. It runs on basically theft from it's citizens. If the government has a dollar to give to someone, it has to come from somewhere else.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Snake said:

The government makes nothing. It produces nothing. It runs on basically theft from it's citizens. If the government has a dollar to give to someone, it has to come from somewhere else.

Government doesn’t give people money on a non refundable tax credits and deductions….  They just steal less from the individual.

I agree taxation is theft just like you.

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, BOHICA said:

Government doesn’t give people money on a non refundable tax credit and deductions….  They just steal less from individual.

I agree taxation is theft just like you.

Where does the money that goes to the dealer/manufacturer come from.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Snake said:

Where does the money that goes to the dealer/manufacturer come from.

We are talking individual tax credits and deductions here….  EV tax credits to individuals is just the government stealing less from that individual.  

We agree taxation is straight up theft.  Majority of individuals have nothing stolen from them and as you climb the income brackets the text increases….  no????

Business tax situations are a whole different and unrelated topic to what is being discussed here.