Snowbikes are the future

AK440

2 hours ago, krom said:

Snowbike was killed when textron took over, I still believe it would sell more units than the blast, and be priced very similar, or below the blast. 

Poo thought/thinks the market is big enough to continue investing in it....

The Blast is a great concept but terribly overpriced for what it is. If Textron had any brains they’d offer the Blast with the 570 fan and directly compete with the EVO but the new management is too stupid. Why offer an entry level sled at a low price when you can sell way fewer at a high price? 

44 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Lol. I've posted plenty pics of riding but thanks for the assumption. You got that from those comments? What age do you consider old?

I’ve not seen your photos. I based my opinion on the feedback I’ve received on this thread and years of reading other threads on this site. I suspect the average age of the users of this site is somewhere between 55-60. The group that gets way more excited about fancy gauges, the sticker on the side of their sled and how kewl they think it’ll make them parked outside a bar.

8 hours ago, AK440 said:

The Blast is a great concept but terribly overpriced for what it is. If Textron had any brains they’d offer the Blast with the 570 fan and directly compete with the EVO but the new management is too stupid. Why offer an entry level sled at a low price when you can sell way fewer at a high price? 

I’ve not seen your photos. I based my opinion on the feedback I’ve received on this thread and years of reading other threads on this site. I suspect the average age of the users of this site is somewhere between 55-60. The group that gets way more excited about fancy gauges, the sticker on the side of their sled and how kewl they think it’ll make them parked outside a bar.

There is no 570 fan.  That was a carbureted Suzuki.  There is no Suzuki relationship left afaik.  

So for what the blast is and comes with, I don't think it's over priced.  Just like you said, number of parts.  The blast has damn near the same number of parts, I don't know why some idiots think it should magically be half the price of a 800 snowmobile.  He'll, it practically is anyway!  Also, it is not competing with the evo.  The blast is a machine with modern technology that is lighter and slightly smaller.  A mid size snowmobile that adults can legitimately ride.  What all the narcissistic people can't wrap their head around, just because it's not for them, doesn't mean it is a failure.  The world is not about you.

Just because people think snowbikes are not worth producing doesn't mean all those things you said.  You could also just be wrong.  People can easily make a snowbike with kirs and very few so, for a reason.  And if you think it's because an OEM hasn't done it right, I've brought up issues that you haven't addressed like the CVT size etc.  

If you think it's be so easy and profitable and game changing, why the fuck aren't you doing it?  I love dirt biking, I race them, they are way more fun and technical to rude than these goon sledders can comprehend.  But I want no part of a snowbike and it's for many many reasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, AK440 said:

It’s becoming quite obvious that the demographic of this forum skews hard towards old men who are more into posting and drinking than they are riding sleds. People on here don’t get it, aren’t open minded to any new type of snow vehicle and can’t appreciate that the sport is dying and in need of an alternative to ever more expensive traditional snowmobiles.

Aren't you the same Guy that gets extremely triggered by Polaris Axys chassis XC suspension because its NOT traditional? :lmao:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, AK440 said:

It’s becoming quite obvious that the demographic of this forum skews hard towards old men who are more into posting and drinking than they are riding sleds. People on here don’t get it, aren’t open minded to any new type of snow vehicle and can’t appreciate that the sport is dying and in need of an alternative to ever more expensive traditional snowmobiles.

ok Nostradamus, what kind of sleds do you ride?   tell us how hardcore you are. 

odds are you don't know jack about many of the people here, or their abilities. 

Mnstang who has raced sleds and bikes has given you solid feedback he can back up.  what more do you want? 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 7:14 AM, mnstang said:

Here's why snow bikes won't replace a sled 

Most sledders are fat, old, and out of shape.  They like to talk like their sled handles "like a dirt bike" but have no idea what that means but prefer to live in that world of ignorance.

A typical 450 moto engine is way more high performance oriented than anything this industry is used to which will have unacceptable maintenance intervals for the boomers who dont ever want to be responsible for taking care of anything (see how they've fucked up this country for example).  And the boomers offspring are just as bad, see FB groups.

Snow bikes wouldn't work well on the trails for the guys to bar hop and try to forget their life choices.  This is key.

Just to stir this dumpster fire, electric snowmobiles are the future.

That little 250f snow bike like thing looks pretty cool I'd love to have one.  Little spendy though.  But I can already hear the fat boomers "but muh 850"!!

i work at a cycle shop and see the 4 stroke woes. these 450s are not a lawn mower that runs forever. they are a high-strung race machine built on the hairy edge. they require regular rebuilds. and it is not cheap 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Aren't you the same Guy that gets extremely triggered by Polaris Axys chassis XC suspension because its NOT traditional? :lmao:

WTF are you talking about? I ripped on it because it was all hype and didn’t work as advertised. If it was so fricking good why isn’t it available anymore?

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, AK440 said:

WTF are you talking about? I ripped on it because it was all hype and didn’t work as advertised. If it was so fricking good why isn’t it available anymore?

Because some Guys like you cry about it . :lol:

3 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Because some Guys like you cry about it . :lol:

Oh, poor baby, still upset you pissed away your money on a FTS bottoming Pro-S. You should’ve sold it last winter when people were desperate to buy sleds. Now your stuck with the obsolete piece of shit. 

On 11/20/2022 at 9:05 PM, AK440 said:

Hey fucktard, did I say I’m buying a 450 MX bike with an overpriced and under engineered ski/track kit? 

Think about it, there is less material in a purpose built snowbike. If there is less material there is less cost. The whole damn machine is smaller and lighter than a modern trail or mountain sled. It doesn’t require cast aluminum pieces to make the frame. It can be built out of tube steel like an ATV. Tube steel isn’t expensive. The fucking rear skid suspension components can be the same exact shit they use on regular sleds, same as everything else like switch gear, handlebars, the Blast 400cc motor, same clutches, same heat exchangers. It’s a goddamn parts built machine with a unique frame and a motorcycle fork. Not exactly rocket science nor high tech or high performance.

You understand how manufacturing works right? 

Let's take argo as a example.  Any idea why a fiberglass tub and a V twin brigs with some shitty chain and gears  costs 32k ? 

19 hours ago, AK440 said:

Oh, poor baby, still upset you pissed away your money on a FTS bottoming Pro-S. You should’ve sold it last winter when people were desperate to buy sleds. Now your stuck with the obsolete piece of shit. 

I approve of this troll gamesmanship 

On 11/22/2022 at 5:04 PM, AK440 said:

Best trail chassis ever built bar none:thumb: Just a tremendous sled,the best sled, built by the most tremedous wonderful people. It was so good too many people were jumping ship to Polaris so for the good of the sport they discontinued it and went back to conventional until Arctic Cat gets back in the business. It was the fair thing to do and the best thing for the sport.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, HSR said:

Best trail chassis ever built bar none:thumb: Just a tremendous sled,the best sled, built by the most tremedous wonderful people. It was so good too many people were jumping ship to Polaris so for the good of the sport they discontinued it and went back to conventional until Arctic Cat gets back in the business. It was the fair thing to do and the best thing for the sport.

how could anyone possibly want to have a snowbike after a sales pitch like that?  they're almost impossible to find used now.  one should definitely search out the earlier ones with the unmatched durability 800's when shopping around.  finding one with the carry on luggage attached to the shopping cart adds that special classy touch everyone will notice. 

• Haha 2

On 11/23/2022 at 1:27 PM, Ez ryder said:

You understand how manufacturing works right? 

Let's take argo as a example.  Any idea why a fiberglass tub and a V twin brigs with some shitty chain and gears  costs 32k ? 

Well that’s easy…. Ummm, you see it costs $32k because it has not one but TWO chains and not 4 or 6 but 8 wheels. EIGHT fricking wheels! That’s like double of a quad or side by side. And…🤔 it’s got like a front and back bench seats, roll cage, CVT, modern styling and 4 headlights, giant lawnmower engine and….and… it’s amphibious. It floats like a boat. That’s $10,000 worth of waterproofing wizardry right there. 

My production snowbike request is a way simpler machine that doesn’t need to float, has one chain and a small seat. A mild tube steel frame like used in an ATV isn’t rocket science, exotic, expensive or particularly difficult to manufacture. Some of the guys on here are overthinking the build of a snowbike and envisioning it using expensive materials and parts. 

• Gold Member
On 11/22/2022 at 10:05 PM, AK440 said:

Pissed away my money? :lol: Dude I paid $7k for that Sled 2 years ago. Chump change....

Guarantee I could get at least that if not more right now even under the recall and ive put 2k miles on it. 

Meanwhile what do you ride again? Must be so good thats why you are here crying about snow bikes for 4 pages.  :mc:

:lol: 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Pissed away my money? :lol: Dude I paid $7k for that Sled 2 years ago. Chump change....

Guarantee I could get at least that if not more right now even under the recall and ive put 2k miles on it. 

Meanwhile what do you ride again? Must be so good thats why you are here crying about snow bikes for 4 pages.  :mc:

Whoa there little buddy! Calm down… it’s okay, it’s okay. I used some big words in my posts and discussed some difficult to comprehend concepts. You don’t need to lash out, I can go slower and maybe draw some pictures.  

I can tell your PTSD from feeling like the dipshit in high school is roaring back. Skipping class, smoking out and failing tests probably wasn’t the best path to take now was it? Well cheer up pal! You bought a terrain dominating, game changing sled that’ll turn your life around and make you the envy of your underemployed friends. Maybe you can finally live the dream and hook up with that single mom in the double wide with the 4 kids you’ve been crushing on. 

11 hours ago, AK440 said:

My production snowbike request is a way simpler machine that doesn’t need to float, has one chain and a small seat. A mild tube steel frame like used in an ATV isn’t rocket science, exotic, expensive or particularly difficult to manufacture. Some of the guys on here are overthinking the build of a snowbike and envisioning it using expensive materials and parts. 

Sounds so easy you should be able to do it yourself:thumb:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, AK440 said:

Whoa there little buddy! Calm down… it’s okay, it’s okay. I used some big words in my posts and discussed some difficult to comprehend concepts. You don’t need to lash out, I can go slower and maybe draw some pictures.  

I can tell your PTSD from feeling like the dipshit in high school is roaring back. Skipping class, smoking out and failing tests probably wasn’t the best path to take now was it? Well cheer up pal! You bought a terrain dominating, game changing sled that’ll turn your life around and make you the envy of your underemployed friends. Maybe you can finally live the dream and hook up with that single mom in the double wide with the 4 kids you’ve been crushing on. 

Hey remember when you came here to freedom sledder and told us all how Stupid we were and how much better HCS was ? 

Remember when you lied about having multiple dupe accounts on HCS and wasn't obsessed about hating XC Polaris Sleds and being a faggot troll? 

Remember how I owned you back then and you disappeared for months ? 

Now your back here a year later talking about Snow bikes?

Dude kill yourself you are a fucking loser , I bet you don't even ride. Just a broke fat faggot crying about how much machines cost.:lol::lol::owned:

Here you go remember your constant crying and broke ass ways. SBYL :ashamed:

On 10/21/2021 at 3:49 PM, AK440 said:

The HCS site is much better now than it was before the great purge. Look at this place, it’s fricking dead. Much better info and traffic on the original HCS site. This place is one step above PSP for lack of traffic and overall lameness.

On 11/9/2021 at 4:46 PM, AK440 said:

You have me confused with someone else. 

Nice looking shit show of a Rush.

On 11/9/2021 at 6:05 AM, EvilBird said:

And as I recall you got banned and owned several times in CE but kept coming back with dupes.

Long Live the Pro XC 🤟😂 Haybailer lives matter. 

On 11/9/2021 at 10:33 PM, AK440 said:

Nice made up story. How long did it take you to write all that? Post up some proof cause I know you are full of shit. 

You sound like another one of the crying Bitches that got banned from HCS.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:21 AM, EvilBird said:

Thats actually all true ....and here you are again showing how much of a lying faggot you really are. :lol:

Screenshot_20211110-072053_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 7:24 AM, EvilBird said:

Your Women liked the 2 up seat that pops on the rack , ask her. What weight? The thing is aluminum moron..

Here is some more proof of your lies ....maybe you should figure out how the internet works shit for brains. 

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/iron-dog-race-not-a-single-rush-finished.471618/

Screenshot_20211110-072525_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211110-072930_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211110-072937_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 7:36 AM, EvilBird said:

And dont forget his latest name that also got banned 

Look who liked his post ...the dumb cunt of course...he kept saying I was gonna get banned yet only he did once again...even with VS running the show 😂😂😂

Screenshot_20211110-073334_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211110-073540_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 7:43 AM, EvilBird said:

:snack:

Screenshot_20211110-074213_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211110-074230_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 7:52 AM, EvilBird said:

@AK440 ring any bells yet.....shit you have been obsessed with hating the pro XC skid since 2009, but "no big deal" you said :lol2:...wow get help

Screenshot_20211110-075130_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 7:57 AM, EvilBird said:

Gee wiz @AK440....You were so butthurt about all the mods that came here ...but yet here you are. You are just like Rodeo Rider! Maybe thats your long lost sister! 

:owned:

On 11/10/2021 at 10:04 AM, EvilBird said:

Paging @AK440, paging @AK440....

You were a bitch on HCS who reported posts ... :lol2:

Screenshot_20211110-081800_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 4:42 PM, AK440 said:

Poor feeble bird, still insecure about his rack and the gayness it says about him. He buys what he was told was a bump sled and proceeds to put luggage on it! 

This forum is so pathetic. No traffic, just a bunch of aging, bitter guys who got banned from HCS months ago and still bitch about it every week.

I have an account on HCS and that forum is so much better now that the sand-in-vag crowd was banished to here. Getting you sad fucks riled up is way too easy. 

On 11/10/2021 at 5:34 PM, EvilBird said:

So at least now you admit you are a fucking liar.

Nice try thinking nobody would remember your dumb ass :lol: :owned:

Get back over to HCS if its so great,  what name are you now tuff Guy so I can troll you and get you banned once again ?!?!...

On 11/10/2021 at 11:34 PM, AK440 said:

Is that the championship winning attitude that got your sorry banned from HCS? 

Tell me more about how great your Pro-ride is again? And how kewl it was that you knew a guy that got to go on a Polaris marketing ride to promote the junk show Axys in ‘15. After you get all misty eyed reliving your HCS memories explain why Polaris dumped the shit box Pro-Ride and went back to a conventional skid. You know, like how HCS broke up with your clingy, needy ass and dumped you. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Haha 2

• Gold Member
26 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Quality drama I will have to bookmark this for some bedside reading later 

No sweat off my back , easy search. He has been the same broke ass retard poser troll for years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Hey remember when you came here to freedom sledder and told us all how Stupid we were and how much better HCS was ? 

Remember when you lied about having multiple dupe accounts on HCS and wasn't obsessed about hating XC Polaris Sleds and being a faggot troll? 

Remember how I owned you back then and you disappeared for months ? 

Now your back here a year later talking about Snow bikes?

Dude kill yourself you are a fucking loser , I bet you don't even ride. Just a broke fat faggot crying about how much machines cost.:lol::lol::owned:

Here you go remember your constant crying and broke ass ways. SBYL :ashamed:

So it sounds like you get all sensitive and emotional that your Pro-S didn’t live up to the hype? 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, AK440 said:

So it sounds like you get all sensitive and emotional that your Pro-S didn’t live up to the hype? 

I don't give a shit about my sled that much tbh . Its more about proving how much of a faggot broke retard you are :lol:

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

I don't give a shit about my sled that much tbh . Its more about proving how much of a faggot broke retard you are :lol:

How many terrain domination hats did the dealer have to give you to pull the trigger on that rowdy Pro-S? 

Did you choose the Pro-S because you needed the softer suspension or was it because you didn’t have the money to get the Pro-X or the XCR? 

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, AK440 said:

How many terrain domination hats did the dealer have to give you to pull the trigger on that rowdy Pro-S? 

Did you choose the Pro-S because you needed the softer suspension or was it because you didn’t have the money to get the Pro-X or the XCR? 

What part of paying $7k for my Sled two years ago makes you think I went to a dealer?  :lol:

I just paid cash for a brand new $35k Harley.  If I really wanted I could buy any new sled I want.  Pro S works for me for what a do perfect. I am not some poser wannabe snowX Ricky Racer that pretends I need top level suspension for fucking Groomed Vermont trail riding :lol:

Still embarrassed to say what Sled you own huh? 

"sNoW bIkEs aRe dA fUtUrE dErP" :lol:

• Haha 1