So much for the red wave.

• Gold Member

josepf r biden is too popular and is doing way to good a job to lose.

the delivery and timing of his speechs is what makes people move mountains. 

l2 words, leader of men.

• Haha 1

Just now, ckf said:

I got laughed at earlier this summer when I said that the abortion issue was going to hurt the republicans this November. 

Yep

Just had that conversation this morning with coworker.

Republicans need to have a definite plan for abortion and just getting rid of it is not it!!

Every gal I’ve talked to said this is what they disliked about red party!!

2 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Yep

Just had that conversation this morning with coworker.

Republicans need to have a definite plan for abortion and just getting rid of it is not it!!

Every gal I’ve talked to said this is what they disliked about red party!!

Women don't want to be told what they can do with their body, even if they agree. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

I got laughed at earlier this summer when I said that the abortion issue was going to hurt the republicans this November. 

today's daily dinner special at Mar-a-lago...

486t4c.jpg

women voted, and there's more of them than us  ;)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

today's daily dinner special at Mar-a-lago...

486t4c.jpg

women voted, and there's more of them than us  ;)

He really needs to go away before he completely destroys the party.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

it's time for the Republican party to take a long hard look in the mirror

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

― Barry Goldwater

twin-peaks-twin-peaks-the-return.gif

• Like 1

Not even a drip here.  Said it months ago.  Republicans are all done winning general elections here.  Oddly the only race that wasn’t lopsided was the abortion proposal. :news:

Thought maybe Slotkin would lose Livingston county, but Republicans couldn’t even take that.  

1B376530-F55D-4D55-9FAF-BFC1E652EAF5.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Dude needs to just fade away already like Hillary did

I was sort of hoping Stephanie753 would just fade away with the TDS posts.   Didn't think he was on the ballot, who knew?!

• Haha 2

It’s time for Trump to recognize what happened in FL and step aside. He cannot win in ‘24 after what happened last night. And @ckf - yup, abortion completely bit the GOP in the ass. Not one ad (here in MN anyway) explained so-and-so from the GOP can ban abortion.  The handful of debates made it clear it was a state Supreme Court decision .. but no ads. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I was sort of hoping Stephanie753 would just fade away with the TDS posts.   Didn't think he was on the ballot, who knew?!

one problem I saw from my pov for Republicans is that they were constantly campaigning against Biden, rather than campaigning on how they actually planned to make things better.  

this said, there are/were a great deal of extremely tight races showing the division that exists in this country.  that said, imo it's not healthy for one party to control the WH, Senate and House.

where do they go from here?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Sorry you can't come to terms that Trump is the reason this country is where its at today because of him. Anyone with an IQ above 75 can see he's the issue for Republicans not succeeding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ckf said:

With all of the other pressing issues and the fact that Democrats have been destroying this country, it should have been way down on the list. Just shows that women and libs are 2 peas in a pod, emotional idiots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

With all of the other pressing issues and the fact that Democrats have been destroying this country, it should have been way down on the list. Just shows that women and libs are 2 peas in a pod, emotional idiots.

I'm guessing that you would show up to if it was something that could directly effect your body, or one of your kids. It's not that hard to understand, is it?

• Like 3

Just now, snoughnut said:

when one party is (rightfully?) getting blamed for taking away a woman's healthcare 'choice' that most or many have had their entire lives, it matters.  the results show it.  I know how most of the women in my circle feel about it and there wasn't one that was ok with it, except the catholic MIL of course.  

It's time to clean house in the Rep. party leadership. Trump is done and just needs to go away. The DNC is far superior at getting the Fetterman's of the country elected than the RNC is at getting the Oz's put in office. I've wondered for a long time who's side are they really on. They better build on the Desantis type of candidates going forward IMO. Young and pretty well spoken with just enough edginess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I'm guessing that you would show up to if it was something that could directly effect your body, or one of your kids. It's not that hard to understand, is it?

Countless polls showed that abortion was down around #5 or so on the list about what most voters were concerned about.  So I reject the notion that abortion was the decisive issue in this election.  Am I disappointed?  Sure.  I live in a blue state, I'm used to it.  :lol: Fetterman?!  Really?!  wtf.  Mills?!  Really?!  wtf

Just now, J. Jackson said:

It's time to clean house in the Rep. party leadership. Trump is done and just needs to go away. The DNC is far superior at getting the Fetterman's of the country elected than the RNC is at getting the Oz's put in office. I've wondered for a long time who's side are they really on. They better build on the Desantis type of candidates going forward IMO. Young and pretty well spoken with just enough edginess.

clearly they need to support and run better candidates that are more to the center and not too far to the right.  

• Like 1