George Washington didn’t have wooden teeth.

Twelve presidents owned slaves:

• George Washington
  • James Madison
  • Thomas Jefferson
  • James Monroe
  • Andrew Jackson
  • Martin Van Buren
  • William Henry Harrison
  • John Tyler
  • James K. Polk
  • Zachary Taylor
  • Andrew Johnson
  • Ulysses S. Grant

It was the way of the Democrats

• Like 1

According to History, Lincoln was a president who never owned slaves. And while it's impossible to prove a negative — "How do you know he didn't?" — and while it's possible that he may have, at some point in his life, owned one or more slaves, the circumstances of where and how he lived would seem to rule out that possibility.

Lincoln was born in Kentucky in 1809, according to a companion History report, to a poor family, and grew up there and in neighboring Indiana. His family was almost certainly too poor to own slaves, and Indiana was a Union state where slavery was illegal.

The future 16th president eventually made his way to Illinois, also a Union state where slavery was illegal. In his youth Lincoln was employed at a variety of jobs — surveyor, postmaster, merchant — before becoming an attorney and politician. By the time he was in Springfield, Illinois, when he might possibly have afforded slaves, slavery was illegal there. He left Springfield for Washington and never returned alive. It's certain Lincoln did not own slaves while he lived in the White House.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Were getting a conflict of information on the subject IMO.  https://www.grunge.com/595917/did-abraham-lincoln-own-slaves/  

Ya think!?!? :lol:

Obviously I am in the minority here with what Historians want us to believe. All good,  believe what you want and so will I.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

How do you know that he didn’t snack on a few? You don’t. 

My buddy went down on one, but when he got down there he said he couldn't stand the smell and had to get the hell out. :whistle: I shit you not!! :lol::lol2: