Even the Demarats want him gone

The New York Times

Biden Verbally Fumbles, Twice, During Campaign Trip in Florida

President Joe Biden delivers remarks during an event on Social Security spending and medicare inside the OB Johnson Park/Community Center in Hallandale Beach, Fla., on Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2022. (Tom Brenner/The New York Times)

President Joe Biden delivers remarks during an event on Social Security spending and medicare inside the OB Johnson Park/Community Center in Hallandale Beach, Fla., on Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2022. (Tom Brenner/The New York Times)

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — President Joe Biden verbally fumbled during a campaign swing in Florida on Tuesday, confusing the U.S. war in Iraq with the Russian war in Ukraine, and then he fumbled again while he tried to correct himself, misstating how his son Beau died in 2015.

In defending his record on inflation, Biden was trying to blame rising costs on President Vladimir Putin of Russia for his invasion of Ukraine, which has roiled international energy markets. It’s a point that he makes regularly in public speeches, but this time he mixed up his geography and history.

“Inflation is a worldwide problem right now because of a war in Iraq and the impact on oil and what Russia is doing,” Biden told a crowd during a speech at O.B. Johnson Park in Hallandale Beach, Florida, before heading to Miami Gardens for an evening campaign rally with Democratic candidates. He quickly caught his own mistake. “Excuse me,” he said, “the war in Ukraine.”

But as he tried to explain how he mixed up the two wars, he told the audience, “I think of Iraq because that’s where my son died.” In fact, Beau Biden, a military lawyer in the Delaware Army National Guard, served for a year in Iraq. He returned home in 2009 and died of brain cancer in the United States in 2015.

Biden, who has made the same mistake before, once again sought to correct himself. “Because, he died,” he said, apparently referring to his belief that Beau’s cancer could have been caused by his service in Iraq, where he may have been exposed to toxic burn pits.

Biden, who at 79 is the oldest president in U.S. history, has a long record of gaffes dating back to when he was a young man. But his misstatements have become more pronounced, and more noticed, now that he has the spotlight of the presidency constantly on him. While Biden has said he intends to run for a second term, his age ranked at the top of the list for Democratic voters who told pollsters that they want the party to find an alternative, according to a survey by New York Times and Siena College this summer.

© 2022 The New York Times Company

15 minutes ago, F3600 said:

It is, where is his Wife's ethics and compassion?  Does he have to stroke out on live TV before they let the guy sip his soup in peace? 

For them to let him stand in front of the nation and constantly embarrass himself is not right.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

From a left wing hack.

But 81 million.

george-will-biden-harris-oped.jpg

The ONLY reason why George Will doesn't want them to run again is because he know's Trump would beat them. 

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The ONLY reason why George Will doesn't want them to run again is because he know's Trump would beat them. 

Trumps not beating anyone other than another Republican. DeSantis on the other hand will win in 24 if he runs for potus.

Edited by Steve753

10 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Trumps not beating anyone other than another Republican. DeSantis on the other hand will win in 24 if he runs for potus.

Wouldn't be so sure about that.  :bc:

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Which one?

Trump not capable of beating Biden/Harris.   Things keep going like this and he would win handily. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Trump not capable of beating Biden/Harris.   Things keep going like this and he would win handily. 

Not a chance.

9 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

You believe Trump beat Biden the first time, so I'm not surprised. 

:bc:

Link? 

I've simply said there are some real anomalies in the results and that state legislatures acted unconstitutionally.   I don't recall outright saying Trump won but I could be wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Link? 

I've simply said there are some real anomalies in the results and that state legislatures acted unconstitutionally.   I don't recall outright saying Trump won but I could be wrong. 

I think you did in a discussion with racer.

Just now, akvanden said:

Sure, that’s what we call people with dementia - liars. 

It’s what the leftists called trump for years. Just admit Biden is a liar and you’re fine with it.

GUNS

BIDEN, asking Congress to pass measures he said would reduce gun violence: “Repeal the liability shield that makes gun manufacturers the only industry in America that can’t be sued, the only one.”

THE FACTS: That’s false. While gun manufacturers do have legal protections from being held liable for injuries caused by criminal misuse of their weapons thanks to the 2005 Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, they are not exempt or immune from being sued.

The law lays out exceptions where manufacturers or dealers can be held liable for damages their weapons cause, such as defects or damages in the design of the gun, negligence, or breach of contract or warranty regarding the purchase of a gun.

Families of victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, sued gun maker Remington, alleging “wrongful marketing” of firearms, and last month agreed to a $73 million settlement.

Seniors are getting the biggest increase in their Social Security checks in 10 years through President Biden’s leadership,” the White House tweeted Tuesday.

Twitter later added context below the tweet noting that the increase was due to the annual cost of living adjustment as part of a 1972 law that tied automatic benefit adjustments to the consumer price index, a key marker of inflation.