U.S. workers have gotten way less productive. No one is sure why.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

LOL

WOrk from home in the long run will be less productive.  early on it worked because there was nothing else to do then it became a game to see how little one could do and not get fired 

Work from home never would’ve flown in boomer’s time. Come to work or fucking starve. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

All the boomers I know just can’t understand working from home 😂 One good thing that happened from the pandemic is just that though. I’m consistently more productive working from home. Now that I go back into the office sometimes it’s just everyone sitting around talking. Not much work is getting done

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

All the boomers I know just can’t understand working from home 😂 One good thing that happened from the pandemic is just that though. I’m consistently more productive working from home. Now that I go back into the office sometimes it’s just everyone sitting around talking. Not much work is getting done

Elon Musk is going to do away with the pansies at twitter that work for home. They’ll be first to get the big South African’s  boot. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Elon Musk is going to do away with the pansies at twitter that work for home. They’ll be first to get the big South African’s  boot. 

I care about me….not so much them :snack:

18 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

This is what I see, too ... and my team says the same.  Everyone feels more productive working from home because there's less distractions with all the visitors and hallway chatter.  I personally like being in the office, even if it's only a few days a week.  Having to deal with meetings (which I generally hate), they're way better in person than having to do them via Webex or MS Teams.

• Like 1

All the boomers retired from my station before me. Oddly enough they recently had to hire a boomer out of retirement in order to have a First Class Power Engineers ticket to operate the plant. There aren't any young fellas getting their First Class tickets.Well we had 1 in his mid forties and they canned him.

7 minutes ago, HSR said:

All the boomers retired from my station before me. Oddly enough they recently had to hire a boomer out of retirement in order to have a First Class Power Engineers ticket to operate the plant. There aren't any young fellas getting their First Class tickets.Well we had 1 in his mid forties and they canned him.

It’s happening everywhere. Boomers in demand 

Retired last November and been asked 3 times to come back as a consultant since.  No Thanks.

Was going to retire 2 years before I did but got offers I couldn't refuse at the time to stay.  The last boss that talked me into staying left 3 months after that and didn't care for the guy that took his place so it was time.  

Stopped back as a visitor to help out some guys that I worked on projects a couple times.

Now my time my schedule.  Nice.

Boomers wrecked the whole economy for two years throwing a pussy bleeding hissy fit over a cold. Now they wanna cry because people are less productive? Yah no , fuck if with that trash regarded boomer faggot

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

Boomers wrecked the whole economy for two years throwing a pussy bleeding hissy fit over a cold. Now they wanna cry because people are less productive? Yah no , fuck if with that trash regarded boomer faggot

Oh shut up. If you were a boomer you’d have a huge boner right now and be bragging about it.

15 hours ago, Skidooski said:

14 hours ago, Bontz said:

This is what I see, too ... and my team says the same.  Everyone feels more productive working from home because there's less distractions with all the visitors and hallway chatter.  I personally like being in the office, even if it's only a few days a week.  Having to deal with meetings (which I generally hate), they're way better in person than having to do them via Webex or MS Teams.

People with good work ethic will get their work done no matter where they are working.  WFH is the best for people that can do it.  The company I work for had sales and profits go up to record levels when everyone was working from home, since they instituted a hybrid schedule that productivity has gone down.  WFH is best for the environment as we all pollute less and put less strain on the roads and other infrastructure, and with that roads are less traveled etc.  Anyone that believes that green house gases from vehicles are causing climate change should be 100% on board with the WFH concept.

16 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

LOL

WOrk from home in the long run will be less productive.  early on it worked because there was nothing else to do then it became a game to see how little one could do and not get fired 

Like people don't fuck off at the office too. 

90% of the work gets done by 10% of the people whether it's work from home or the office. 

• Like 1

If boomers are so productive then why has production increased with less labor as boomers retire? I'll tell you why, its because unskilled lazy fucking boomers are leaving the work place and sponging off social security instead of impeding progress in the work place.

6 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Like people don't fuck off at the office too. 

90% of the work gets done by 10% of the people whether it's work from home or the office. 

I'm fucking off right now!

Good employees are good employees no matter where they work. I get my shit done and then some and my boss knows that.

Insecure mid level managers who need to justify their position want to watch over their people like a guard. It's a shitty model that needs to die. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Good employees are good employees no matter where they work. I get my shit done and then some and my boss knows that.

Insecure mid level managers who need to justify their position want to watch over their people like a guard. It's a shitty model that needs to die. 

Lay around boomers that just point fingers

• Like 1