Watch Out For Title Waves!

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ukraine flag in bio.:lol:

So

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Everyone is free to pay what they want.  My company pays out a nice bonus if we make our targets and we have save for last year but it was less.

What happens then when the company Financials can't support it anymore?

I've seen it first hand with billion $$$ corps.

Stay on the sidelines irrelevant where you belong.

Irrelevant is a guy that spews lies and bullshit on a sled forum because everyone else has tuned him  out^^^^^^^

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Places that make and sell car parts and fast food pay as much or better than we do with a much lower profit margin. We can afford it. 

I believe in profit sharing.  Nobody at my company nets under 100k.

But that might not be achievable every year and they will likely take the company over.

I get what your saying but it's just a pipe dream on a grand scale and people for the most part are greedy.

Just the way it is.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I believe in profit sharing.  Nobody at my company nets under 100k.

But that might not be achievable every year and they will likely take the company over.

I get what your saying but it's just a pipe dream on a grand scale and people for the most part are greedy.

Just the way it is.

No, it's not "just the way it is" and the resistance to higher wages really isn't about greed, per se. Some of our managers have massive contempt for our workers. These same people come from families who struggled and were dirt ass poor for generations.

It's a weird phenomenon to witness. You'd think they would be more conscious of how hard it is to make it and how much little things make a huge difference to workers, but it seems the more they get comfortable, the more comfortable they are with watching others struggle like they did.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No, it's not "just the way it is" and the resistance to higher wages really isn't about greed, per se. Some of our managers have massive contempt for our workers. These same people come from families who struggled and were dirt ass poor for generations.

It's a weird phenomenon to witness. You'd think they would be more conscious of how hard it is to make it and how much little things make a huge difference to workers, but it seems the more they get comfortable, the more comfortable they are with watching others struggle like they did.

Let me ask you this.  What will paying them more do for the owners?

What will be the net benefit to the company if any.

Nobody is gonna give out 50% increases in wages with zero return.

That's how companies go bankrupt, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Let me ask you this.  What will paying them more do for the owners?

What will be the net benefit to the company if any.

Nobody is gonna give out 50% increases in wages with zero return.

That's how companies go bankrupt, unfortunately.

Happy workers are more productive. Productive workers make the company more money. We should pay people enough so they're not worried about the money and can focus entirely on the work. 

Just now, motonoggin said:

Happy workers are more productive. Productive workers make the company more money. We should pay people enough so they're not worried about the money and can focus entirely on the work. 

Like the UAW? 

34 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Sure, but what happens when things go south like many companies over the past two years.  Cash flow gets tight, you can't ask employees to hold off wages and you shouldn't.  

The risks are different, there is also nothing stopping anyone to pay what they want above the standard.  People need to enjoy what they do or they will wander regardless.

Sure, but what happens when things go south like many companies over the past two years.  Cash flow gets tight, you can't ask employees to hold off wages and you shouldn't.  

The risks are different, there is also nothing stopping anyone to pay what they want above the standard.  People need to enjoy what they do or they will wander regardless.

Cash flow isn't tight. We sell weed at a higher margins than almost every other industry. Soap companies pay better and THEY SELL FUCKING SOAP. 

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Cash flow isn't tight. We sell weed at a higher margins than almost every other industry. Soap companies pay better and THEY SELL FUCKING SOAP. 

Tell that to my customers.

Automotive/Plastics/Food/Mining/Pharma etc etc.  You get the point, it won't last.  There will be a down cycle.  Maybe not in your field.:lol:

But in most.  It they get paid more it won't make a difference overall.

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

There's nothing to get. We can afford to pay a lot more, but we don't because someone thinks that because they struggled, so should everyone.

We should be breaking that cycle, not repeating it. It may even lead to making us a better company. 

Yeah cuz that doesn't engender an entitlement attitude, which also manifests itself in lazy, perpetually aggrieved snowflakes, which will eventually metasticize and destroy a business.  Look at Twitter for this weeks example.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Tell that to my customers.

Automotive/Plastics/Food/Mining/Pharma etc etc.  You get the point, it won't last.  There will be a down cycle.  Maybe not in your field.:lol:

But in most.  It they get paid more it won't make a difference overall.

We're in a down cycle. Pounds went from 3k to 1k over the last 3 years. We're at the bottom. The poorly run ops are going out of business but the legit quality ops who saw this coming are doing just fine. 

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah cuz that doesn't engender an entitlement attitude, which also manifests itself in lazy, perpetually aggrieved snowflakes, which will eventually metasticize and destroy a business.  Look at Twitter for this weeks example.

This is the kind of management mentality I'm talking about. 

You have to treat people like dogshit or they'll start thinking they're valuable or something, and we can't have that...

And Twitter isn't a real business. 

Edited by motonoggin

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

There's nothing to get. We can afford to pay a lot more, but we don't because someone thinks that because they struggled, so should everyone.

We should be breaking that cycle, not repeating it. It may even lead to making us a better company. 

You know, those who struggle the most usually come out on top.  We lose when it's all to easy.

You know, those who struggle the most usually come out on top.  We lose when it's all to easy.

Not so. Very few who struggle actually make it out of the rat race. Those who do, seem to want to maintain the rat race the most. These folks made it DESPITE the struggle, not because of it.