Man , the economy is kicking ass!!

f7ben

16 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I think if most people understood this, we wouldn't have the dems running on all these programs to forgive loans.

the student loan forgiveness (vote purchasing) program is just as much horseshit as the fucking PPP loan forgiveness. 

neither should have happened, both should be paid in full by the responsible parties.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

let me guess….Bent just got his hours cut?  boat fell off the blocks?  off his meds again??  the possibilities are endless!😆those damn boomers!…most led guy here.

maybe he found out he's not getting an 8.7% cola from his employer for 2023... 'just because'? 

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the student loan forgiveness (vote purchasing) program is just as much horseshit as the fucking PPP loan forgiveness. 

neither should have happened, both should be paid in full by the responsible parties.

maybe he found out he's not getting an 8.7% cola from his employer for 2023... 'just because'? 

Well he’s not on a fixed income.  Just because?  Just because what?  

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well he’s not on a fixed income.  Just because?  Just because what?  

just because you 'deserve it' man!  :)

the boomers...

https://www.king5.com/article/news/nation-world/social-security-cola-hike-2022-2023/507-d840fcbd-19a3-4762-a2d3-978541181019

genX... or genGetFucked

Currently, the Social Security Board of Trustees projects program cost to rise by 2035 so that taxes will be enough to pay for only 75 percent of scheduled benefits.

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v70n3/v70n3p111.html

don't worry, our elected (boomer) officials in DC are looking into this... :lol:

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

What’s wrong with the 8.7% increase for SS? You seem quite bitter about it. 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

just because you 'deserve it' man!  :)

the boomers...

https://www.king5.com/article/news/nation-world/social-security-cola-hike-2022-2023/507-d840fcbd-19a3-4762-a2d3-978541181019

genX... or genGetFucked

Currently, the Social Security Board of Trustees projects program cost to rise by 2035 so that taxes will be enough to pay for only 75 percent of scheduled benefits.

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v70n3/v70n3p111.html

don't worry, our elected (boomer) officials in DC are looking into this... :lol:

This generational blame game and envy is really weak sauce….peddled by intellectually weak minds.  You think you’re telling us anything we don’t already know?  Seniors on fixed incomes have gotten beaten down hard in this economy.  These increases are baked into the law and are a result of Biden’s economy.  I’m glad you’re an investing genius and all, and these aren’t your concerns.  But I bet you have some elderly relatives on fixed incomes who are very concerned and will need those increases.

• Thanks 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

What’s wrong with the 8.7% increase for SS? You seem quite bitter about it. 

when I see our generation potentially taking a 20-25% haircut on anticipated benefits that we've paid into our entire lives, our elected officials doing nothing about it and the current generation of sponges who underfunded the entire program and said nothing get an 8.7% cola after getting substantial cola's the past two years... it's like sand in my ass crack. 

I'm financially fine, I'm ranting for my generation NOW.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

This generational blame game and envy is really weak sauce….peddled by intellectually weak minds.  You think you’re telling us anything we don’t already know?  Seniors on fixed incomes have gotten beaten down hard in this economy.  These increases are baked into the law and are a result of Biden’s economy.  I’m glad you’re an investing genius and all, and these aren’t your concerns.  But I bet you have some elderly relatives on fixed incomes who are very concerned and will need those increases.

of course I know some that it's meaningful to, and many more who look at the cola as the price of dinner for two at their favorite restaurant. 

nice job playing the 'seniors victim card' there.  :lol:

https://fortune.com/2022/03/22/millennial-wealth-doubles-during-pandemic-9-trillion-boomers/

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

when I see our generation potentially taking a 20-25% haircut on anticipated benefits that we've paid into our entire lives, our elected officials doing nothing about it and the current generation of sponges who underfunded the entire program and said nothing get an 8.7% cola after getting substantial cola's the past two years... it's like sand in my ass crack. 

I'm financially fine, I'm ranting for my generation NOW.

of course I know some that it's meaningful to, and many more who look at the cola as the price of dinner for two at their favorite restaurant. 

nice job playing the 'seniors victim card' there.  :lol:

https://fortune.com/2022/03/22/millennial-wealth-doubles-during-pandemic-9-trillion-boomers/

And for those that are depending on SS for a large portion of their survival? What do propose they do as they sink under water? Homeless shelter? Food lines? Who’s going to pay for that? 

43 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Im missing nothing.  Ill start crying about others putting themselves in debt when the government stops putting me in debt.  

I turn on the news every day to see how they stolen and wasted my money, made themselves rich.  Me, my family, friends work like animals for our money just to watch it stolen or given away to bums.  So sorry if I not blaming some poor shlub who wants to take his family camping. 🙄

BTW I  don’t finance toys or cars and I will be able to make my house payment no matter what. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

And for those that are depending on SS for a large portion of their survival? What do propose they do as they sink under water? Homeless shelter? Food lines? Who’s going to pay for that? 

it was all part of 'the plan'... 

:lmao:

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Im missing nothing.  Ill start crying about others putting themselves in debt when the government stops putting me in debt.  

I turn on the news every day to see how they stolen and wasted my money, made themselves rich.  Me, my family, friends work like animals for our money just to watch it stolen or given away to bums.  So sorry if I not blaming some poor shlub who wants to take his family camping. 🙄

BTW I  don’t finance toys or cars and I will be able to make my house payment no matter what. 

how would you feel about camper or boat loan forgiveness if it was proposed?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

When a person defines their worth by the kind of car they drive or house they live in, borrowing money for shit is a must. Some good old financial pain is just what America needs. 

What if the car and the house are one and the same though?  This is not how one should be remembered.

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how would you feel about camper or boat loan forgiveness if it was proposed?

Don’t be stupid.  

My son and his girlfriend both work 6 days a week at decent jobs. They will never be able to achieve Home, boat, sleds, like we were all able to do.  Saving money and owning   a house is a pipe dream for most of these kids.  Their rent is almost double of what my house payment is.  No free food, water, rent , school, etc.  for them .  Your anger and blame is misplaced.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What if the car and the house are one and the same though?  This is not how one should be remembered.

How I’m remembered by you is the last thing on my mind. You and your far fetched conspiracy theories are belly button lint in the scheme of things. 

• Haha 2

Hell love to be in my twenties right now!!

some great wages out there and most don’t need that big student loan to get!!

medical field is crazy right now!!

things are starting too slow down though.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

I think if most people understood this, we wouldn't have the dems running on all these programs to forgive loans.

True but make sure you include Trump's PPP loan forgiveness debacle which was actually far worse.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Don’t be stupid.  

My son and his girlfriend both work 6 days a week at decent jobs. They will never be able to achieve Home, boat, sleds, like we were all able to do.  Saving money and owning   a house is a pipe dream for most of these kids.  Their rent is almost double of what my house payment is.  No free food, water, rent , school, etc.  for them .  Your anger and blame is misplaced.  

what's your point?

we all get to choose where we live, work and how we spend our money.  I had my first car loan at 14 that my father cosigned a loan for.  he taught me what interest was the hard way even though he could have given me the money or loaned it to me.  I had one more car loan at 19 to establish my credit rating along with a credit card.  Paid off the 36 mo loan in six months and have never held a credit card balance of more than a few hundred bucks.  Bought a not so nice home at 26 and paid 1/2 down, rented it out when we built a brand new home in 2006.  I have a Harley, toy car, boat, sleds, etc. that were all paid for without debt.  I don't make a great deal of money at my job, never have... but I made financial choices and decisions that weren't the same as my piers.  They had new cars and trucks, boats, bikes, campers, all bought on credit.  What they didn't have was financial freedom.  Hell, most of them couldn't go out for a beer without using a credit card.  

I understand the cost of living has greatly increased (we have a sixteen year old daughter with lofty academic goals) but the 'victim stance' just doesn't fly with me... especially when most of the nation is addicted to credit to fulfill thier wants and desires like crack cocaine. 

Also, my wife and I have both quit our jobs twice in the past twenty years and taken chunks of time off because we're not debt slaves and have money IN THE BANK.  What percentage of Americans can do that today?  Answer... $20 TRILLION DOLLARS in stimulus money for people who can't go a month without working. :)

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's your point?

we all get to choose where we live, work and how we spend our money.  I had my first car loan at 14 that my father cosigned a loan for.  he taught me what interest was the hard way even though he could have given me the money or loaned it to me.  I had one more car loan at 19 to establish my credit rating along with a credit card.  Paid off the 36 mo loan in six months and have never held a credit card balance of more than a few hundred bucks.  Bought a not so nice home at 26 and paid 1/2 down, rented it out when we built a brand new home in 2006.  I have a Harley, toy car, boat, sleds, etc. that were all paid for without debt.  I don't make a great deal of money at my job, never have... but I made financial choices and decisions that weren't the same as my piers.  They had new cars and trucks, boats, bikes, campers, all bought on credit.  What they didn't have was financial freedom.  Hell, most of them couldn't go out for a beer without using a credit card.  

I understand the cost of living has greatly increased (we have a sixteen year old daughter with lofty academic goals) but the 'victim stance' just doesn't fly with me... especially when most of the nation is addicted to credit to fulfill thier wants and desires like crack cocaine. 

Also, my wife and I have both quit our jobs twice in the past twenty years and taken chunks of time off because we're not debt slaves and have money IN THE BANK.  What percentage of Americans can do that today?  Answer... $20 TRILLION DOLLARS in stimulus money for people who can't go a month without working. :)

Well, we have similar situations so I get where you’re coming from.  I thought the same way.  You come talk to when that little girl is 24 and I think you will see my point. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, racer254 said:

Agreed.  Don't buy anything that you can't afford!!!

So how many on here have a snowmobile financed right now? 

That is why I find it interesting how some on here justify the cost of a trail pass.  Truck = 60k FINANCED, Sleds = 15k Financed, Trailer = 10k Financed.....so that means a 200 dollar trail pass is acceptable.  LOL.

You can't finance a trail pass, EH, just put it on the credit card.

Sle3d I have now was $14,700 . I put down $10,000 , hawked the rest. 10 weeks later sold my old sled and paid it off. 

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Well, we have similar situations so I get where you’re coming from.  I thought the same way.  You come talk to when that little girl is 24 and I think you will see my point. 

ours plans to be an eye surgeon... we plan to get our social security checks mailed to the guest cottage at her ocean front beach home.  I'm already picking out my Boston whaler... the wife can pick out the drapes, linens and shower curtain. :lol:

she should be able to afford this one without taking on any debt...

https://www.bostonwhaler.com/boat-models/dauntless.html

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Haha 1