Probably not going to end well for Britney Griner

• Platinum Contributing Member
50 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Putin will trade her once something is offered that he wants. Until then, she will sit there and rot for the next decade.

This. 

30 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nobody anywhere should get 9 years in prison for a marijuana offense. This is political , nothing more 

It does seem excessive, but it isn't the US justice system.  Funny but no one other than her seemed to get caught.  Maybe she shouldn't have broke the law.

Edited by racer254

10 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

It is good propaganda for Putin as he gets to harm the US. I think the problem is no one seems to care.

My prediction is Biden at some point will announce a prisoner swap for her, ignoring the other more important Americans held in Russian jails who aren't as "newsworthy" as she is, and she'll have a book deal and a guest slot on "The View" within a year.  I'm not cynical or anything lol

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It does seem excessive, but it isn't the US justice system.  Funny but no one other than her seemed to get caught.  Maybe she shouldn't have broke the law.

I’m sure people get caught with this shit over there all the time and it’s a non issue and a slap on the wrist. They gave her a sentence that no other person has received there for that crime simply because she’s an American. 

20 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

GOP'ers think it's awesome that she's in prison over there. 

Well, that's only your dumb opinion. When Griner says things like......."I honestly feel we should not play the national anthem during our season," Griner said. "I think we should take that much of a stand. 

Maybe when she returns, she'll have a better appreciation for her country.

• Haha 1

Just now, snoughnut said:

Well, that's only your dumb opinion. When Griner says things like......."I honestly feel we should not play the national anthem during our season," Griner said. "I think we should take that much of a stand. 

Maybe when she returns, she'll have a better appreciation for her country.

It's an opinion based on posts here. That's all