Hope you nooks bought the one you wanted.

2 hours ago, Badger** said:

It's amazing that the Canadian people laid down for this. :suicide:

What do you suggest we do and why do you think people "laid down"?

18 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

There’s widespread gun violence? In Canada?

No but unfortunately the snowflake Liberals in charge watch too much US news and feel preemptive laws are the answer.Sad.

The new laws are just fucking stooooopid.

• Like 1

I bought 5 between June and August lol. First 5. Technically 3 are mine and 2 are my wife's.

Definitely not lying down and taking it. Thankfully we have organizations like the Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights that are suing the government over this bullshit.

These bans were passed by order in council. So no parliamentary talks and or votes. Basically Liberals pushed it without due process under the guise of public safety. It doesn't help that in Canada we don't have any property rights.

Another issue is that a large majority of Canadian don't have a strong opinion on guns, especially handguns. So they don't give a fuck one way or the other. It is the ole "if it doesn't effect me directly.....".

I know someone who thinks guns are silly unless for hunting but doesn't care for them. I asked him what about his son (9) who is showing an interest in hunting (the 3 of us went out for grouse a couple of weeks ago and the kid loved it), what if he became interested in guns and handguns but was not able to because of the current policies and useless bans. He said he wouldn't be bothered one bit his his kids didn't have the opportunity to get into guns. He would prefer they didn't. Now he has nothing against me or other legal owners and would be the last person who would ever stand for anything politically but he is the large majority of the uninterested and uneducated on the subject voter that is killing the hobby and sport.

20221025_104416.jpg

Edited by Tomas.
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I bought 5 between June and August lol. First 5. Technically 3 are mine and 2 are my wife's.

Definitely not lying down and taking it. Thankfully we have organizations like the Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights that are suing the government over this bullshit.

These bans were passed by order in council. So no parliamentary talks and or votes. Basically Liberals pushed it without due process under the guise of public safety. It doesn't help that in Canada we don't have any property rights.

Another issue is that a large majority of Canadian don't have a strong opinion on guns, especially handguns. So they don't give a fuck one way or the other. It is the ole "if it doesn't effect me directly.....".

I know someone who thinks guns are silly unless for hunting but doesn't care for them. I asked him what about his son (9) who is showing an interest in hunting (the 3 of us went out for grouse a couple of weeks ago and the kid loved it), what if he became interested in guns and handguns but was not able to because of the current policies and useless bans. He said he wouldn't be bothered one bit his his kids didn't have the opportunity to get into guns. He would prefer they didn't. Now he has nothing against me or other legal owners and would be the last person who would ever stand for anything politically but he is the large majority of the uninterested and uneducated on the subject voter that is killing the hobby and sport.

20221025_104416.jpg

Well said Tomas :thumbsup:

You guys have already sort of had a bunch of other gun rights already removed, or at least what we here in America perceive as rights, so in all honesty, this handgun deal was an easy win for the people pushing it, imo. Canada will be like Australia soon. Hopefully not worse but the way your laws are, you kind of get fucked. 

I pray to god that never happens here. The fallout from it would be astronomical. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomas. said:

20221025_104416.jpg

I believe Alberta also said they’re going to instruct the rcmp to ignore this 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Yes but still can't buy or transfer and handguns and ar15's and the like still have to remained locked up

1 hour ago, ACE said:

The Alberta government is taking steps to oppose federal firearms prohibition legislation and the potential seizure of thousands of assault-style weapons.

He says Alberta will not agree to having RCMP officers act as confiscation agents and will protest any such move under the provincial-federal agreement that governs policing.

:bc:

10 hours ago, Badger** said:

It's amazing that the Canadian people laid down for this. :suicide:

Did you do any research or just decided to insult all Canadians?

Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and New Brunswick called on the federal government to halt plans to use scarce RCMP and municipal police resources to confiscate over 100,000 legally acquired firearms from Canadians.

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Did you do any research or just decided to insult all Canadians?

Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and New Brunswick called on the federal government to halt plans to use scarce RCMP and municipal police resources to confiscate over 100,000 legally acquired firearms from Canadians.

People here are getting murdered by meth heads and Trudeau wants to use the cops to confiscate guns from legal vetted owners 

just the other day one of my landlords was murdered by a meth head looking for money. 68 year old tiny and helpless man. Then they lit his house on fire 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ACE said:

People here are getting murdered by meth heads and Trudeau wants to use the cops to confiscate guns from legal vetted owners

He needs to be the next to eat a bullet.

I have family around the Winnipeg area. They say shit's fucking scary with the meth heads.

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

He needs to be the next to eat a bullet.

I have family around the Winnipeg area. They say shit's fucking scary with the meth heads.

Man they’re just unreal. I’ve hardly been to town the last couple months because I been busy. Went there last week and holy shit the vampires walking around. It’s just nasty. And they get really aggressive with thefts and violence late in late fall for some reason 

Edited by ACE
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Man they’re just unreal. I’ve hardly been to town the last couple months because I been busy. Went there last week and holy shit the vampires walking around. It’s just nasty. And they get really aggressive with thefts and violence late in late fall for some reason 

My cousins young fella had his house set on fire from outside my a meth head late at night. Fire got put out quickly but like WTF? No reason, just lit a fire. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

My cousins young fella had his house set on fire from outside my a meth head late at night. Fire got put out quickly but like WTF? No reason, just lit a fire. 

Ah man they’re just fucked up. So bad.