New Cell Phone ?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Looks like I am finally going to have to part with my Galaxy S4 phone that is nearly 10 years old. Verizon informed me that my phone will.become inoperable by end of year as they eliminate 3g services. Funny thing is I am showing 4g on my.phone but they say it still won't.work.

Will probably stick with an Android as that is what I am obviously used too.   What is a good basic phone these days?.....Doesn't have to have the best camera in the world. Just will be using it mostly.as a phone, texting and surfing the web.

Yeah it is time....this phone is very hard to text from anymore and puts periods and letters in on its own. And haven't had any room for  new apps in years.

What do you have?

22 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Looks like I am finally going to have to part with my Galaxy S4 phone that is nearly 10 years old. Verizon informed me that my phone will.become inoperable by end of year as they eliminate 3g services. Funny thing is I am showing 4g on my.phone but they say it still won't.work.

Will probably stick with an Android as that is what I am obviously used too.   What is a good basic phone these days?.....Doesn't have to have the best camera in the world. Just will be using it mostly.as a phone, texting and surfing the web.

Yeah it is time....this phone is very hard to text from anymore and puts periods and letters in on its own. And haven't had any room for  new apps in years.

What do you have?

wife and daughter both have iphones and some elaborate plan 

I have a Motorola and use TracFone... and get better service even in the UP.  The phone was $85 a year ago after my old 4g wouldn't work with data.  Works fine, I'm using it now.  :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 5:26 AM, SkisNH said:

I switch carriers every 2 years and get a free phones...

Galaxy s20 currently

This is what I ended up getting..s20 they had a special going on at Verizon... It was under 300  And able to keep my old data plan.  They lied or misunderstood me when I said I needed a phone that could use a micro SD card... They told me this one had it but I guess they thought I meant SIM card for some reason...... This does not Have a slot for micro SD card...  Found that out after I got home I almost returned the phone but it has so much storage that I'm not really worried about it anymore... Would have been nice to have all my pictures on my micro SD card for this phone but oh well..... So far I am liking this phone especially the battery life compared to my other phone But trying to type on this thing sucks just as much as my other phone.... Now I'm usually using voice to text but that doesn't work too well either...... Still learning the different features but I'm surprised at how similar it is to my very old phone....... However actual phone calls are much much clearer with this phone I'm very happy about that

Iphone 13 here..works great. Also left Verizon last year and switched to Spectrum Mobile…60 bucks a month for two unlimited lines and the service is great…have to be a Spectrum Cable customer to get their mobile.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks