GMC Sierra Denali

BOHICA

Just now, Skidooski said:

First it was Subaru owners.....then it was Prius owners....now it's.......????  

EV owners  :lol: 

or any snowmobile under 800cc's? 

if I had a nickel for every time... :roflcrying: 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You should get rid of the Jeep and get a 3.0 diesel, with the mileage you put on and I'm assuming a car allowance you'd come out smelling like a rose.  Coworker is consistenly getting 28mpg with his and they pull a two horse trailer every other weekend.

I hate diesel. My order is now at 4600 status as of a month ago and still isn’t here. It may have been stolen or gym wheelied it as far as I know. It was ordered in April 2021 and was built late June if this year. So i am waiting on a truck everyone and their brother had 30 of on the lot 3 years ago for 35k

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I hate diesel. My order is now at 4600 status as of a month ago and still isn’t here. It may have been stolen or gym wheelied it as far as I know. It was ordered in April 2021 and was built late June if this year. So i am waiting on a truck everyone and their brother had 30 of on the lot 3 years ago for 35k

hate?

you need to try one... maybe next week?

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah I wish they had the 10 speed. 

thats why i might consider my first ford. the 7.3 gas F250 comes with the 10 speed 

I'll never do that again.
My buddy had a 392 Dodge with a 10-speed, thing constantly hunted for gears.

The 6 Speed may not be the best for mileage, but its strong and beefy, and you can manually shift it/choose your gear whenever you want. I want reliability and durability over everything, so give me the big no 4 cylinder mode, no shut-off all balls all business 6.6L making 470tq and a durable 6 speed I know won't let me down when I need it most.

Just my .02, others who tow more may appreciate the 8/10 speeds, but for me, you can have them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I'll never do that again.
My buddy had a 392 Dodge with a 10-speed, thing constantly hunted for gears.

The 6 Speed may not be the best for mileage, but its strong and beefy, and you can manually shift it/choose your gear whenever you want. I want reliability and durability over everything, so give me the big no 4 cylinder mode, no shut-off all balls all business 6.6L making 470tq and a durable 6 speed I know won't let me down when I need it most.

Just my .02, others who tow more may appreciate the 8/10 speeds, but for me, you can have them.

6 speeds do suffer from pump vanes eating into the pump housing. loses pressure and smokes the plates. again hit and miss, but a well known issue. current 8 speed has shuddering issues that we solve with a flush of different fluid

My 2500HD LT Crew. Added 34" sneakers, stainless side-steps, tonneu cover, badass hood decal and put on a quality 2" leveling kit (comes with diff spacers and skid plate spacers). Its been a great truck, pulls 15000 on the hitch and 20,000 on the goose.

20221021_122246.jpg

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

6 speeds do suffer from pump vanes eating into the pump housing. loses pressure and smokes the plates. again hit and miss, but a well known issue. current 8 speed has shuddering issues that we solve with a flush of different fluid

Maybe but their rate of failure is much lower then the others.

best3-4ton.PNG

4 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

6.6 gas is strong as hell, still using the 6 speed though. the 3.0 in the half tons is really nice , but we just found out , no plow on those

6.6L gets the 10-speed Allie for 2024.  That's my next travel trailer towing rig probably.

I'm definitely in the 'more gears is better' camp after towing my 30' TT from AZ to WI and back with my 5.3L with the 8 speed.  My 8 speed has been shudder-free other than for the first 100' of the drive each morning.

But for the rolling hills in higher terrain, it'd have been really nice to have extra gears between 3-4 and 4-5.

TBH though, I was shocked how well that little "weak" 5.3L did pulling my 8000 lb TT across Colorado, NM, and AZ at elevations as high as 8000 feet at speeds up to 70 MPH.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

6.6L gets the 10-speed Allie for 2024.  That's my next travel trailer towing rig probably.

I'm definitely in the 'more gears is better' camp after towing my 30' TT from AZ to WI and back with my 5.3L with the 8 speed.  My 8 speed has been shudder-free other than for the first 100' of the drive each morning.

But for the rolling hills in higher terrain, it'd have been really nice to have extra gears between 3-4 and 4-5.

TBH though, I was shocked how well that little "weak" 5.3L did pulling my 8000 lb TT across Colorado, NM, and AZ at elevations as high as 8000 feet at speeds up to 70 MPH.

8 speed helped with that

9 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

8 speed helped with that

For sure.  I couldn't see making that trip with anything less than 8 gears, though I spend most of the time with 7th and 8th locked out driving in M6.

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

My 2500HD LT Crew. Added 34" sneakers, stainless side-steps, tonneu cover, badass hood decal and put on a quality 2" leveling kit (comes with diff spacers and skid plate spacers). Its been a great truck, pulls 15000 on the hitch and 20,000 on the goose.

20221021_122246.jpg

These new HD are super nice trucks 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Skidooski said:

It does keep the tools dry in the frunk though  :lol: 

And the generator for when you need to charge it in the middle on no place because you assumed there would be a charging station at every fat tire bike trailhead parking lot 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ACE said:

These new interiors are swanky 

4FCD87C1-E96A-419A-AD28-81C4B3C93419.jpeg

CB1AC14F-329C-43CD-822B-7ABC5BE3C7F2.jpeg

At least it has a few knobs . My wife's new car only has 2 fucking knobs on the dash . O I can't legally pick up my phone and talk on it but I can fuck with a computer screen for 30 seconds driving down the road to turn the defrost on 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Wyoming…. Oregon does as well.

BULL SHIT  . I have driven countless WY passes yanking trailers no less never have I seen a chains required posting . Hell I have been pulled over in WY on a pass in a storm driving on nothing but packed snow with a foot of fluff for speeding no less LOL not 1 fucking word about chains . 

5 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

we get the same feedback. don't go in expecting a 6.2 and it will be fine. i personally don't want a turbo on my vehicles

Colorado and Canyon should be a really nice package with the 2.7. 

38 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Colorado and Canyon should be a really nice package with the 2.7. 

I like the new look of the 23’s…they’re sharp. Still want a full sizer though. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

And the generator for when you need to charge it in the middle on no place because you assumed there would be a charging station at every fat tire bike trailhead parking lot 

Whoa whoa...why you trashing on Fat tire bikes? Sometimes I prefer that over my HT for the trails. And BBQing, drinking and smoking at the trail heads  :news:  :stoned: 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

BULL SHIT  . I have driven countless WY passes yanking trailers no less never have I seen a chains required posting . Hell I have been pulled over in WY on a pass in a storm driving on nothing but packed snow with a foot of fluff for speeding no less LOL not 1 fucking word about chains . 

You likely had M and S tires on if it was level 2 in Wyoming.  Many western states if you have 3 peak tires you can avoid chains in 4x4.

https://wyoroad.info/highway/Chain Law Poster2.pdf

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

And I just looked at OR only required if towing and only if over 10k lbs 

Nope.  They have a level for under 10k gvw…  the passes are complete shit when it hits this level.  Couple times a year and usually they stop all trailer traffic at these times.

https://www.tripcheck.com/Pages/Chain-Law

snowchreqtraction.gif You must use chains if your vehicle is towing or is rated over 10,000 pounds GVW. Chains must also be used on a trailer or vehicle being towed as described under Minimum Chain Requirements. If your vehicle is rated 10,000 pounds GVW or less and is not towing you must use chains or traction tires.

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member

Utah is another one where 3 peak tires on a 4x4 avoid the need to chain up.

https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news/heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-utahs-traction-law-for-upcoming-wintry-weather/amp/

At the very least, all-wheel and four-wheel-drive vehicles must have two mounted 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake tires. Two-wheel drive vehicles must have four mounted 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake to do so.