GMC Sierra Denali

BOHICA

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

It really bothers me a common pick up truck got turned into an ev and the price went from mid 30s to over 100k in 3 years.

You should get rid of the Jeep and get a 3.0 diesel, with the mileage you put on and I'm assuming a car allowance you'd come out smelling like a rose.  Coworker is consistenly getting 28mpg with his and they pull a two horse trailer every other weekend.

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

people like to buy shit they really don't need

Taycan Cross Turismo GTS ;)

21 whut?

Have the lifters and cam been replaced yet?

If you plan to keep it for ten years and more than 100k get the diesel.  

6.6 gasser is a stout mill.  It drinks fuel faster than a college frat house drinks beer though.  The 3.0 is a great choice for a lot of people, same as above though... to maximize the value of a diesel you need to run it long term to justify the price difference in fuel, maintenance and cost.

the lifters are a real concern. i did a 21 denali at 3k, did them all with guides, etc. just back at 20k, same shit. unacceptable in my eyes. have a 17 now waiting for the "vlom" that controls the lifters. also have to change fuel lines every time. waited a month for a fuel line, for a truck, finished job. then drove and 1 of the new lifters failed. now i don't have the fuel line for another month. we had that truck for 3 months

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

the lifters are a real concern. i did a 21 denali at 3k, did them all with guides, etc. just back at 20k, same shit. unacceptable in my eyes. have a 17 now waiting for the "vlom" that controls the lifters. also have to change fuel lines every time. waited a month for a fuel line, for a truck, finished job. then drove and 1 of the new lifters failed. now i don't have the fuel line for another month. we had that truck for 3 months

Yep - my '21 Denali (6.2) went through this shit too.  I had it happen to me at just over 8K miles, and the dealership only replaced the "left side" bank.  When I asked them why they didn't do both sides, they told me GM was only allowing them to replace both if the vehicle was at (something like) 7K miles.  I wasn't super happy about that!  It turned into outright anger at 18K miles when the "right side" bank let go ... while i was coming home from up north, towing my sled.  I said fuck it, and was going to drive the thing to the point of it blowing up on me but I made it home.  Got it to the dealership the next day and they had it repaired, again.  I'm at 28K right now, and seriously considering the F150 Lariat at my local dealer.

• Sad 1

• Gold Member

My 2020 work truck with around 30k on the clock is going down for a couple days to get the fuel system replaced on some recall.  At least 2 days.  I wish they could have 5 minute fixes or OTA updates to fix them.  Would hate to own one out of warranty for sure.  Can’t imagine the cost to replace the fuel system

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yep - my '21 Denali (6.2) went through this shit too.  I had it happen to me at just over 8K miles, and the dealership only replaced the "left side" bank.  When I asked them why they didn't do both sides, they told me GM was only allowing them to replace both if the vehicle was at (something like) 7K miles.  I wasn't super happy about that!  It turned into outright anger at 18K miles when the "right side" bank let go ... while i was coming home from up north, towing my sled.  I said fuck it, and was going to drive the thing to the point of it blowing up on me but I made it home.  Got it to the dealership the next day and they had it repaired, again.  I'm at 28K right now, and seriously considering the F150 Lariat at my local dealer.

all to gain 3 mpg. serious weak point, and it's a gamble. some are fine, others over and over. wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to pull the heads to do it

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

Spac case should have the lines there in a few days, actually they're not backordered today.  There's been revised lifters as well. 

You can purchase a superchips or similar tuner to deactivate the AFM, but don't until it's out of warranty.

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Spac case should have the lines there in a few days, actually they're not backordered today.  There's been revised lifters as well. 

You can purchase a superchips or similar tuner to deactivate the AFM, but don't until it's out of warranty.

they have caught up on those somewhat, but my spac cases went on for a month or more. i even called the dealers in d2d showing it but was laughed at. some drive in 5th gear so it doesn't drop cylinders. the vlom comes with fuel lines, probably why we are waiting

I never thought that I'd say this but the new 2.7 in the GM 1500's ain't bad. 310 hp and over 400ft/lb at 3000 rpm is not too shabby. Hard to get over the 4 banger thing but for a grocery getter and lighter duty truck it works.

1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

I never thought that I'd say this but the new 2.7 in the GM 1500's ain't bad. 310 hp and over 400ft/lb at 3000 rpm is not too shabby. Hard to get over the 4 banger thing but for a grocery getter and lighter duty truck it works.

we get the same feedback. don't go in expecting a 6.2 and it will be fine. i personally don't want a turbo on my vehicles

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

If you plan to keep it for ten years and more than 100k get the diesel.  

6.6 gasser is a stout mill.  It drinks fuel faster than a college frat house drinks beer though.  The 3.0 is a great choice for a lot of people, same as above though... to maximize the value of a diesel you need to run it long term to justify the price difference in fuel, maintenance and cost.

I will keep it for over ten years easily. Caddy as you know is a 2002. 200k on the LQ9 6.0 and she still pulls hard. I figure the 6.6 gas will be just as good. 

Im afraid of the diesel. Between all the EPA shit , DEF fluid, higher priced fuel and the fact that Im not a diesel guy so I won't/cant be working on it myself easily I feel like its kinda risky. I dont want $10k repair bills. Sure it tows better but the gas still tows more than I need. 

My Dad still ownes 2 Duramax's since new a 03 and 05 and they have had their fair share of expensive repair bills. 

Ive even considered getting F250/350 with a godzilla 7.3 . seems it gets about the same MPGs as the chevy 6.6. 

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and now 16 active lifters instead of 8. doubled the chance of failure. no more vlom, each cylinder has it's own solenoid

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, sleepybrew said:

and now 16 active lifters instead of 8. doubled the chance of failure. no more vlom, each cylinder has it's own solenoid

Do the Escalade 6.2s have the same issues? 

How about the 6.6 gasser have they been decent so far? 

Just now, EvilBird said:

6.6 has been great . i have my brother's today. runs good, 6 speed though shifts like shit. 6.2 does have the lifter concern

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Why would anyone buy any EV vehicle? Maybe for city use.

Real EV’s many are road tripped.  Mine repeatedly does 400+ mile days in all four seasons.  Lots of preconceived notions are formed by the Fox News crowd when it comes to them.  Mostly all not based on facts or real world.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

6.6 has been great . i have my brother's today. runs good, 6 speed though shifts like shit. 6.2 does have the lifter concern

Yeah I wish they had the 10 speed. 

thats why i might consider my first ford. the 7.3 gas F250 comes with the 10 speed 

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Real EV’s many are road tripped.  Mine repeatedly does 400+ mile days in all four seasons.  Lots of preconceived notions are formed by the Fox News crowd when it comes to them.  Mostly all not based on facts or real world.

If they were free I would sell or give it away.

Don't know anything about Fox News, never watch TV.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

smart right... 🤓

12 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

year?

yes... But far less because there are less of them 

11 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

see above ;)

• Gold Member
Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

smart right... 🤓

year?

yes... But far less because there are less of them 

see above ;)

Like say 2018-2021 Escalade? prob the same as the Denali but figured id ask anyway. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

EV’s have nothing to do with Testosterone.  Only the retarded, beta and underperforming individuals equate vehicle types to manliness.  Those that do are typically the bitches in their existence and compensating for something missing.

First it was Subaru owners.....then it was Prius owners....now it's.......????  

EV owners  :lol: 

• Haha 1