NTSB pushes to enforce speed limits across the country with new technology & GPS

Big Brother wants more control over us, vehicles with GPS speed control so you can't speed in your vehicle anymore. They're testing it in New York with certain city owned vehicles.

Click the link below there's a video if you want you watch it.

https://www.wtae.com/article/ntsb-push-enforce-speed-limits-across-country/41581515

The National Transportation Safety Board has a new recommendation for automakers that could "force" new cars to slow down. Federal data shows more than 20,000 deaths on our roads in the first half of the year. This new effort is predicted to save tens of thousands of lives each year. The NTSB is calling on the federal government to start incentivizing carmakers to put smart speed limiter systems in new cars. The speed limiter program works through telematics. Stored data on local speed limits is cross-referenced with a car’s GPS position. Software in the vehicles gives the driver an alarm or simply just cuts off the accelerator when you reach the speed limit.

Fuck all that shit.  My insurance company said I could get a discount if I installed this big brother bullshit on my truck to monitor my driving habits.  What happens when they actually monitor my driving habits?  My rates go up?  Yeah go fuck yourselves insurance companies, and big brother bullshit.

• Thanks 6

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Fuck all that shit.  My insurance company said I could get a discount if I installed this big brother bullshit on my truck to monitor my driving habits.  What happens when they actually monitor my driving habits?  My rates go up?  Yeah go fuck yourselves insurance companies, and big brother bullshit.

Yep. No way in hell that recorder thing goes in my car!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Yep. No way in hell that recorder thing goes in my car!

It's prob already there . I got a message on my phone this am that one of the tires on my wife's car was low . I click on it to check it out . It is fucking insane the info they have on the car . 

Again won't be long until the fad shut your care off for X amount of days for saying mean things on social media 

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

It's prob already there . I got a message on my phone this am that one of the tires on my wife's car was low . I click on it to check it out . It is fucking insane the info they have on the car . 

Again won't be long until the fad shut your care off for X amount of days for saying mean things on social media 

Or for rolling Blackouts to conserve electricity because their a high demand on the Grid and it's being pushed to it's limits.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

You're probably right.