Recall fix

Deephaven

Don't have the details, but this literally JUST showed up in my inbox:

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL UPDATE

October 13, 2022

Kevin,

In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Polaris is conducting a voluntary recall of some Model Year 2021-2023 MATRYX, 2015-2022 AXYS, and select Model Year 2013-2014 Trail Performance (Pro-Ride) snowmobiles.

Our records indicate that you are the owner of a Polaris Snowmobile with VIN SN1DDL8RXMC365183 affected by Safety Recall S-22-09.

Polaris has determined that with degraded fuel, and especially after extended storage, some Model Year 2021-2023 MATRYX, 2015-2022 AXYS, and select Model Year 2013-2014 Trail Performance (Pro-Ride) snowmobiles may pose a risk of fire due to electrostatic discharge (ESD) inside the fuel tank. Under specific conditions, vapors may be ignited inside the fuel tank, posing a potential injury hazard.

To address this concern, Polaris has authorized your dealer to update the fuel pump assembly. This work will be performed by your dealer at no cost to you.

You should immediately stop using the vehicle and contact your authorized Polaris dealer to schedule an appointment to have the repairs performed. Do not attempt repairs yourself. Repairs must be done only by an authorized Polaris dealer. This repair should take approximately 90 minutes. When making contact with your dealer, discuss parts availability, their schedule and how long they will need to keep your vehicle.

If a rider needs to start their snowmobile, they must make sure the fuel tank is full and, if it is not, then they need to add fresh gasoline to fill the tank. Failure to follow these instructions may lead to injury.

Owner Next Steps:

DO NOT OPERATE YOUR SNOWMOBILE until this safety recall has been completed by your dealer.

If you have received this notice, your snowmobile is affected by this recall. If you would like to check the status of another snowmobile you can visit our Product Safety Recall web page and search by model or vehicle identification number (VIN).
Your Polaris dealer is in the best position to answer your questions. If you need assistance contacting or locating a Polaris dealer, or if you have questions your Polaris dealer is not able to address, contact our Polaris Owner Connections Department at 1-800-POLARIS (765-2747) or go to Dealer Locator.

We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that we are committed to customer satisfaction and providing world-class products for riders to enjoy.

Thank you for being a Polaris owner.

Sincerely,

-Polaris Snowmobiles

• 1 month later...

Mine's going in tomorrow, and hopefully I can pick it up on Wednesday after work.  It sounds like the fix is replacing metal hose clamps with some sort of plastic type of clamps.  Now, if I could just get Polaris to deliver my '23 the season would be looking much more promising!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bontz said:

Mine's going in tomorrow, and hopefully I can pick it up on Wednesday after work.  It sounds like the fix is replacing metal hose clamps with some sort of plastic type of clamps.  Now, if I could just get Polaris to deliver my '23 the season would be looking much more promising!

At least your 23 won't need to be updated.  Any update on the delivery for your 23?

Yes replacing metal clamps with plastic clamps, leaving the clamp off the return line and a plastic cover over the fuel guage.

Dealer had the kit to for my 2022 XCR but they sold my trade in and were waiting on a kit so I told them to install the kit on the trade in so the new owner could take it home and get mine later.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

At least your 23 won't need to be updated.  Any update on the delivery for your 23?

Yes replacing metal clamps with plastic clamps, leaving the clamp off the return line and a plastic cover over the fuel guage.

Dealer had the kit to for my 2022 XCR but they sold my trade in and were waiting on a kit so I told them to install the kit on the trade in so the new owner could take it home and get mine later.

Unfortunately, nothing significant for news on mine.  As far as I know, it's not even "Funded" yet so I guess I'll continue to wait.  The Polaris portal shows a build date range of 1/3 - 1/13 ... I'm really hoping to not be waiting yet in January :wall:

13 hours ago, Bontz said:

Unfortunately, nothing significant for news on mine.  As far as I know, it's not even "Funded" yet so I guess I'll continue to wait.  The Polaris portal shows a build date range of 1/3 - 1/13 ... I'm really hoping to not be waiting yet in January :wall:

man that sucks. 

On 12/5/2022 at 6:51 PM, Bontz said:

Any updates on your sled, Chris? @Bontz

I am on the list at Duluth Lawn & Sport, but haven't heard a word yet. As previously stated, I really could care less. I'll be riding tomorrow and like several days a week for the rest of the season, so it may not get done any time soon. If I would have gotten the call before now, I would have probably brought mine in, but I am unwilling to lose any riding time or not have my sled available to me when the season is so short. 

27 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Any updates on your sled, Chris? @Bontz

I am on the list at Duluth Lawn & Sport, but haven't heard a word yet. As previously stated, I really could care less. I'll be riding tomorrow and like several days a week for the rest of the season, so it may not get done any time soon. If I would have gotten the call before now, I would have probably brought mine in, but I am unwilling to lose any riding time or not have my sled available to me when the season is so short. 

Hey Bryan ... good news is, my XCR is fixed and ready for the season without any concerns surrounding the stop-ride.  Sled went in on a Tuesday and I had it home the following day.  For my '23 that I'm waiting on ... unfortunately I'm still waiting.  The dealer I'm going through texted me today that he continues to look every morning to see if the status is changing, but so far there's nothing to report.  The "portal" shows a build date of the first week of January, but I'm hoping that's the worst case scenario.

Enjoy the snow up there!  I'm hoping the northwoods gets snow & it's the beginning of a great season! :bc:

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the more I worry about something getting screwed up while they have my VR-1 torn apart for the recall. My sled is working well, and is reliable, and I don't want to take the risk of some High Schooler screwing something else up while doing my recall work. 

I just posted an updated trail report on Facebook, and we plan on going out with work crews tomorrow to try and get everything cleared. If we get the forecasted wet snow, we are going to have a ton of trees, branches, and leaning Jackpine covering the trails that we'll need to move before we can get the Tucker through. 

I feel your pain on waiting for a sled. I was really depressed when my build date was pushed back. Thank god I was able to grab a sled that someone else backed out of, otherwise I would have had to wait until March or April for my '22. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, polaris7541 said:

did you know Polaris is paying 1.5 hrs of travel time  ,, check it out at your dealer

No shit?  I guess I'll have to ask my dealer about it tomorrow.  That's literally the round trip time I have to/from the dealer.  I guess the bigger question is, what exactly are they paying?  If it's 1.5 hours based on my salary, yeehaw!! LOL  If it's, "Here's a coupon for $100 off a $500 purchase" ... no thanks.

• Like 1

My 22 XCR has the recall done.  Took it in this morning and picked it up at 3:00.

My dealers is doing recalls on Tuesday and Thursday. One tech pulls the sled apart and updates the pump assembly. Another one reassembles the sled and does the documentation. 

• Like 2

Arrived at the dealer just a hair after 8am, both sleds done and headed home by 11am. Long day of driving but can't thank the good folks at Rockland Marine enough for getting us fixed up. Back next Wed with pair of my brothers sleds for same.

Kijiji: Profile

• Like 3

On 12/13/2022 at 6:44 PM, Bontz said:

No shit?  I guess I'll have to ask my dealer about it tomorrow.  That's literally the round trip time I have to/from the dealer.  I guess the bigger question is, what exactly are they paying?  If it's 1.5 hours based on my salary, yeehaw!! LOL  If it's, "Here's a coupon for $100 off a $500 purchase" ... no thanks.

Shoot, forgot to ask when I was there. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...