Have you had Covid yet?

Have you had Covid yet?..I think we need the covid forum back..lol  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had covid

3 times. I got tested once just to get out of a work trip some place I didn’t want to go. Same symptoms. I have the vax now. It Covid wasn’t bad at all actually. I do have long term effects from having it. I get weird upper respiratory issues I never had before. The first 2 times there was no vax.  I would not have got the vax if it wasn’t because of work. 

• Gold Member

i had it , my kids had it, gf had it, and over a 100 people i know directly and indirectly.

vaxxed and unvaxxed.ages between 6 months , my son , all the way up to my severely diabetic with blood pressure and kydney issues father.

no one went to the hospital.at most 7 or 8 days before being fine, most 2 or 3 days.

fun anecdotal but 100 percent true findings...the unvaccinated had an easier time and recovered quicker.

useless shit. i have both shots and faired worse then if i never had any at all.

its a flu. the end.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nascarmike said:

No, but I did have Bronchitis back in December of 2019. Doctor said there seemed to be a lot of it going around at that time. Body aches, chills, coughing. Nah couldn't have been Covid. :whistle:

Same. Wife had the same thing a week later. No tests, no shots, stay home from work, drink lots of fluids, Tylenol for aches and pains. 

Wife was forced to get the shots at the end of last year for work. I got them last fall because of work. Both of us have had weird side affects from them. Mostly heart/blood related. So that’s cool. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Sad 1

• Gold Member

My wife picked it up from the ER right when this all started, I ended up catching it from her. We were both out of work for almost 3 weeks and I felt like I had sand bags on my legs for at least a month afterwards. Got vaxed a couple months later and neither one of us has caught it since. 

I had Covid before they even announced it was a thing.

came out of a mine site they was closing down because of it.

got vaxxed because of work needed it to travel.

had Covid 2 times after the vax 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Until Covid I had never taken a sick day in my life.  Had it twice now.  Lost 6 family members and friends to it as well.  Shocked to see that there are some people on here that haven't had it....but I guess I live in a city.

Are you back to feeling like yourself now? 

• Like 1

Just now, EvilBird said:

Are you back to feeling like yourself now? 

Best morning I've had so far.  Just finished a bout of coughing and walking up the stairs twice makes me sweat, but otherwise I feel healthy.  Considering I can whack out a century on a bike without dying it is nuts that I am so effected by something as simple as going up stairs.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Best morning I've had so far.  Just finished a bout of coughing and walking up the stairs twice makes me sweat, but otherwise I feel healthy.  Considering I can whack out a century on a bike without dying it is nuts that I am so effected by something as simple as going up stairs.

Thats good , hopefully on the up and up.

That is weird. But I remember being extremely weak also. Like do a few things around the house and then have to take a nap tired. 

Unrealted to covid but Im dealing with nerve problems this week in my back/leg. Hardly could move my left foot few days ago outta nowhere. Nothing worse then when you arent 100%. I got no patience and have a tough time taking it easy. 

Agh always something. 

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Unrealted to covid but Im dealing with nerve problems this week in my back/leg. Hardly could move my left foot few days ago outta nowhere. Nothing worse then when you arent 100%. I got no patience and have a tough time taking it easy. 

Crap, hope that gets better fast.  Sucks to have to take it easy indeed.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Don't believe I've had it.   Had 2 antibody tests done but those were early and incredibly unreliable.   Pumped myself with Vit D and and C since March 2020 and barely have had a stuffy nose so unless I was asymptomatic I haven't had it.  Wife, one son and both their girls have all had it.   One son's girl had it twice.

Since June 2020 I've lived life normal.   In bars, at parties, weddings, concerts...you name it.  Only wore a mask when required which around here ended surprisingly early. 

Spent some time in NC Colorado last week and was a bit surprised how few people were masked up given the type of people around there.  In 5 days only seen 4 people in masks.   

Edited by Highmark

Nope, never had it, never been tested, not vaxxed.  I had about a 6 hour fever in May/June of 2021, but I do not believe it was Covid, felt like any other fever I have had in my life.  Sweat it out by the next morning, and was fine by the end of that day. 

I was going out to as many places as possible when the lockdowns kicked in, including the local grocery store and Subway every single day.  Little woman was living in Sconnie at the time, so spent a fair amount of time in as many restaurants and bars in Sconnie when MN was completely shut down.  I only wore a mask 4 times, twice for a hair cut, once for a routine doctor visit, and once to walk in and sign papers at a flipping HR Block.  It was acceptable practice to wear a grinders shield, that's all I ever wore anywhere else that made you do stupid pet tricks.... Oh, and once I needed a can of paint at Menard's!

CA01946A-42F3-42A4-9FD4-265B03D13235.jpeg

Edited by Mag6240
  • Thanks 1

had it last thanksgiving. flu like symptoms , but lost taste and smell, delta variant. went 10 months no taste or smell, had a tooth removed last month and my taste and smell returned. strange shit. no vax, but my vaxxed friends were hit much harder than i was. 

25 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Nope, never had it, never been tested, not vaxxed.  I had about a 6 hour fever in May/June of 2021, but I do not believe it was Covid, felt like any other fever I have had in my life.  Sweat it out by the next morning, and was fine by the end of that day. 

I was going out to as many places as possible when the lockdowns kicked in, including the local grocery store and Subway every single day.  Little woman was living in Sconnie at the time, so spent a fair amount of time in as many restaurants and bars in Sconnie when MN was completely shut down.  I only wore a mask 4 times, twice for a hair cut, once for a routine doctor visit, and once to walk in and sign papers at a flipping HR Block.  It was acceptable practice to wear a grinders shield, that's all I ever wore anywhere else that made you do stupid pet tricks.... Oh, and once I needed a can of paint at Menard's!

CA01946A-42F3-42A4-9FD4-265B03D13235.jpeg

Did you happen to see Zambroski there?

F2CCACB7-519D-40BB-9C0C-14D202A02E76.jpeg

• Haha 5

not sure

had a weird sinus 'cold' last spring for a couple days, showed negative on a home test.  I'm vaxxed and not boosted.

wife works in a hospital, vaxxed and boosted... no Covid 

h/s age daughter, in school and active social life vaxxed, no boost, no Covid 

5 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Same. Wife had the same thing a week later. No tests, no shots, stay home from work, drink lots of fluids, Tylenol for aches and pains. 

Wife was forced to get the shots at the end of last year for work. I got them last fall because of work. Both of us have had weird side affects from them. Mostly heart/blood related. So that’s cool. 

I got Z-Pak and Prednisone. I now take Vitamin D and Zinc every day.

Edited by nascarmike