Anyone ever buy a rebuilt title vehicle?

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

If the plan is to mile it up until it doesn’t go anymore….  Salvage build seems like it could potentially be a good money savings option.

That’s the plan 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just looking at the pics of the damage on this expedition I think I would ha e just hammered the door skins out and drove the fucking thing another 100k miles lol , it’s didn’t even break any glass for fuck sakes. 

Just buy a couple of doors.  Four bolts and they plug in.  I wouldn’t be afraid to that truck at all.  The only ones I stay away from are hard cowl hits.  Im still driving a 2004 envoy Denali bought in 2005 ( theft recovery).  People were warning me how I was going to get burned on that one too! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

My Ram 1500 before and after.

F95898C7-501E-4050-82AF-9DE829827A45.thumb.jpeg.4b85826ae2bff895422e405e90d20175.jpeg

0714C9C7-C7A6-4F10-A2B5-E81960CCC977.thumb.jpeg.2538086edbb554925111a1ec77d0a548.jpeg

Insurance repair estimate was $25k. My buddy’s body shop fixed it for $15k. A lot of the item for replacement on the estimate were ridiculous. It called for a complete box side when just the corner was rolled in.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Same here trooper just looks at parts receipts make sure nothing is stolen pretty much.

That’s all I was saying look it over good with someone that knows what they’re talking about as we both know being in the industry stuff gets hacked bad sometimes 😂. I mean hell we were just showing off our hacker finds in another thread the other day.

Yup.   Inspected a focus for someone and they had metal straps holding a frame splice together.  No!   

A lot of hacks are doing it now.  New bumper cover with everything still damaged behind it.  Best money you will spend.  A hundred bucks for a professional to look at it. 👍

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Inspected usually means nothing.  A police officer who knows nothing, just making sure you can legally account for the parts that are on it. You pay me to inspect it and I ll tell you if the vehicle is repaired properly.  Every car is different  and every state is different.  Because a vehicle was totaled doesn’t mean the vehicle is beyond repair or shouldn’t be repaired.  I just posted a story the other day.  Guy needed a sun roof and the shop was fucking him around so the insurance company was going to buy him out.  Car with broken sun roof no longer safe to drive?  

My son just wrecked his Nissan. They took $2,000 off value of suv and he still profited $ 3,500. Couldn’t come to a deal with insurance company or I would of bought it back again and fixed it.  

my advice if you’re going to buy a repaired vehicle. Pay someone who knows what they are looking at and what they are talking about. 

Here in NB Canada they have to be inspected by a qualified body/ frame shop. They're the ones that give the ok.

I keep my vehicles till they're going to scrap basically. So resale has zero consequences for me.

That being said, when all done, I had a one year old truck with 17000kms (10600 miles) for less than half of new.

All parts were oem Mopar as nothing was available yet for the gen 4.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, f7ben said:

Picking up a rig for the wife Monday that has a rebuilt title. Financing was a little painful and the rate sucks but I’m not borrowing that much so no matter there. Specifically curious about full coverage on it. Anyone ever insure one? What should I expect?

Both brother and dad have 2017 F-150s with rebuilt titles. I bought wife a Pilot with rebuilt title. Never had an issue. Unless you're paying a discounted premium, the insurnace company can't/won't do anything differently than a non-rebuilt title. Generally speaking, rebuilt titles are just an overall lower cost of ownership. It's not like they depreciate any faster, so you pay less up front, get less when you go to sell it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Both brother and dad have 2017 F-150s with rebuilt titles. I bought wife a Pilot with rebuilt title. Never had an issue. Unless you're paying a discounted premium, the insurnace company can't/won't do anything differently than a non-rebuilt title. Generally speaking, rebuilt titles are just an overall lower cost of ownership. It's not like they depreciate any faster, so you pay less up front, get less when you go to sell it. 

That’s kind of how I see it , I’ll hopefully enjoy this rig at a significantly lower cost of ownership. We’ll see

5 hours ago, Cold War said:

:lol:
people doling out advice and they don’t have clue what they’re talking about.  

Bought, fixed, sold, drove, wrecked, insured, hundreds of these  vehicles. 

That's what the whole internet forums are based on. Giving advise on shit you know fuck all about.👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah....the more I think about it, Resale value is meaningless in this case.....You are already purchasing  at a discounted price. If you decide to sell, so be it. You're not going to lose a lot of money.

But then again I am the most mind numbing retarded faggot on this site.:lol:...so who knows

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah....the more I think about it, Resale value is meaningless in this case.....You are already purchasing  at a discounted price. If you decide to sell, so be it. You're not going to lose a lot of money.

But then again I am the most mind numbing retarded faggot on this site.:lol:...so who knows

You got something right!!!!

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2022 at 6:59 PM, f7ben said:

Picking up a rig for the wife Monday that has a rebuilt title. Financing was a little painful and the rate sucks but I’m not borrowing that much so no matter there. Specifically curious about full coverage on it. Anyone ever insure one? What should I expect?

I have  done it in Mass several times. Ex buss partner liked rebuilding and we would buy a totaled truck every winter. 

Was just as easy for insurance  Not a pita at all.

• Like 1

I have a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Limited that was a flood salvage.  Picked it up with 1100 miles on it for 13k.  Had no problem getting insurance.  Hit a deer with it in 2020 with about 50K on the odo and I was worried it would get totaled but they fixed it, bill was a little over $7500.

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

One more than you.

Oh please tell me more about the heavy equipment in Canada you dumbass fucking know nothing faggot. I mean it’s not like I haven’t been in heavy industry for 15 years , or have friends that have worked at bloom lake and wabush or that I currently work at a facility that is minority owned by a Canadian steel company...

You retarded piece of fucking shit , kill your self you dumbass cunt 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Oh please tell me more about the heavy equipment in Canada you dumbass fucking know nothing faggot. I mean it’s not like I haven’t been in heavy industry for 15 years , or have friends that have worked at bloom lake and wabush or that I currently work at a facility that is minority owned by a Canadian steel company...

You retarded piece of fucking shit , kill your self you dumbass cunt 

Oh I forgot you've got 200 hours on a loader. My bad :lol:

53 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Oh I forgot you've got 200 hours on a loader. My bad :lol:

Hasn't Ben worked mostly in the heavy equipment industry, stationary.  It's a world you know nothing about.

Several of my customers.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Hasn't Ben worked mostly in the heavy equipment industry, stationary.  It's a world you know nothing about.

Several of my customers.

From what I've read. AK drives heavy equipment for a living. 

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Several of my customers.

I’m an industrial electrician , I spent 3 months working as a mobile equipment operator in my first job waiting for an electrical position to open. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Several of my customers.

Bad twitter feed, incorrect info 

• Haha 1

Driving home with the Expedition now. The repair looks very good , new door sill skins welded in and nothing looks hacked. Everything lined up well and works right. The paint work leaves a little to be desired , color matches very well but I can see orange peel from 5’ pretty easily. I can live with that though. Otherwise what a nice truck. This is the most well optioned vehicle I’ve ever owned and it should work well for us for a long time. 

• Like 8