Cocksucker at work goes to HR

• USA Contributing Member

The guy I work with died of covid so they had me “pick” one of the contractors to help me. I noticed a guy that seemed to keep to himself and focused on his work. 

I’ll take him. 

They eventually posted the job and didn’t want him because he wasn’t qualified. They interviewed for a while and that didn’t pan out, I finally pushed to have this guy hired and they did.  It’s been about a year. 

A couple weeks ago he went on vacation. I was talking to someone about a bank robbery or something like that that took place  and the guy asked where jimmy was so I said he’s on vacation. Then I said, “Maybe he’s out robbing a bank”.  We laughed and I took off.  I guess this guy was talking to jimmy when he got back and told him about the the robbery and how we joked about him.

Jimmy waited about a month and then went to HR. I couldn’t even remember what I had said when I was questioned. 

I’m not racist, he is a minority. I was the one that pushed to hire him, I defend him when others say shit about him. No more, he’s on his own. 

I used this guy to do the easy stuff that I didn’t want to do. I tried teaching him things and a lot he didn’t understand.  There is enough work to keep him busy but it’s gonna take a long time for him to be fully independent and he should probably be told to look at going to school.

He started asking me about how the promotions work, wanted to know “how long will it take to catch up to the guys here that are pulling 100k”.  I kept my mouth shut. Very few are pulling 100k…. The ones that the company counts on to get shit done when the idiots can’t.

So here I am, a lead person with this bitch under me and I have to put this all aside and treat him like nothing happened knowing that he’ll take advantage of any situation to take someone down to move ahead.

I’m going to just go through the motions with him and keep it as normal as possible. I honestly think this guy is going to fuck with others and will be out the door in a year. I just hope he doesn’t take a good guy with him. 

I'm taking this post to HR tomorrow morning... 😡

:lol:

Jus kidding, it's far from easy to be in a managerial position today.  When I quit a job in 2019 pulling decent money it was in part not wanting to get dragged into court for all the shit my employer was trying to get away with but because actually managing the next crop of upcoming workers (not all) was increasingly frustrating and the frustration was being taken home at night.  17 months later I took a new position and turned down a higher managerial position to avoid as much utter bs as possible.  We generally spend more hours per day with our coworkers than our own families in this country.  As a manager at the current place I'm working I've made certain not to mix too much personal time with coworkers outside of work and to generally avoid having beverages with them.  Today as an example I had to politely tune up some 20 something's about responsibility, customer service and generally giving a fuck.  These are different times we're working in than when I was young, so I've had to adapt along with it begrudgingly.  I have less than five years to go 'working' if I play my cards right and look forward to turning in my keys. 

idk if that helps, but I totally get where you're at.  Good luck.

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Oh the joys of work.

One thing I hate about management is sitting through the meetings, the reviews, the meltdowns, etc. of employees and their petty shit.

Meltdowns were entertaining. I was through two co-worker walkouts. HR came in and ruthlessly cut em. One had to fit all her office shit into a Miata. She was mad as fuck. :lol: It was everyone’s fault but hers. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Meltdowns were entertaining. I was through two co-worker walkouts. HR came in and ruthlessly cut em. One had to fit all her office shit into a Miata. She was mad as fuck. :lol: It was everyone’s fault but hers. 

The worst (or best?) so far was the person we fired for pretty much not doing their job, at all.

One of our vendors found them in the lobby crying the fetal position.  

It was a little fucking awkward when my purchasing manager stuck his head in my office and said "Ah, hey.  So and so is in the lobby making a scene.  You and HR should probably deal with that."

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

The guy I work with died of covid so they had me “pick” one of the contractors to help me. I noticed a guy that seemed to keep to himself and focused on his work. 

I’ll take him. 

They eventually posted the job and didn’t want him because he wasn’t qualified. They interviewed for a while and that didn’t pan out, I finally pushed to have this guy hired and they did.  It’s been about a year. 

A couple weeks ago he went on vacation. I was talking to someone about a bank robbery or something like that that took place  and the guy asked where jimmy was so I said he’s on vacation. Then I said, “Maybe he’s out robbing a bank”.  We laughed and I took off.  I guess this guy was talking to jimmy when he got back and told him about the the robbery and how we joked about him.

Jimmy waited about a month and then went to HR. I couldn’t even remember what I had said when I was questioned. 

I’m not racist, he is a minority. I was the one that pushed to hire him, I defend him when others say shit about him. No more, he’s on his own. 

I used this guy to do the easy stuff that I didn’t want to do. I tried teaching him things and a lot he didn’t understand.  There is enough work to keep him busy but it’s gonna take a long time for him to be fully independent and he should probably be told to look at going to school.

He started asking me about how the promotions work, wanted to know “how long will it take to catch up to the guys here that are pulling 100k”.  I kept my mouth shut. Very few are pulling 100k…. The ones that the company counts on to get shit done when the idiots can’t.

So here I am, a lead person with this bitch under me and I have to put this all aside and treat him like nothing happened knowing that he’ll take advantage of any situation to take someone down to move ahead.

I’m going to just go through the motions with him and keep it as normal as possible. I honestly think this guy is going to fuck with others and will be out the door in a year. I just hope he doesn’t take a good guy with him. 

Oh man that sucks.  But in this grievance group sue happy world we live in, everyone wants a pay day without having to do the work.  Worse, its reverse racism in many cases.  Short time I was in the corporate world, I worked with this upward climber.  Thought she was a sweet girl, she reported to me, but jumped over my head and tried to blame me for shit she did and caused.  We shook it off and moved forward.  About 6 months later, she pulled the same shit again.  People like that eventually run out of  bridges to burn, the bitch I worked with did.  :bc: 

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

What the fuck is even HR what kind of faggot ass place do you work at.

Everyones afraid of being sued these days.  I work with one other person in my office, and we still have to take like 12 hours a year of harassment, diversity, inclusion and what the frig ever buzzword the social justice warriors come up with training, just so if I do fuck up and they file a complaint, the company is covered.  Its absurd 99.8% of the time imo.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Everyones afraid of being sued these days.  I work with one other person in my office, and we still have to take like 12 hours a year of harassment, diversity, inclusion and what the frig ever buzzword the social justice warriors come up with training, just so if I do fuck up and they file a complaint, the company is covered.  Its absurd 99.8% of the time imo.

that sounds amazing 👎. I could never work in a corporate place like that.  I’ve had a headlight thrown at my head (I dodged it) and we still work side by side to this day lol. I mean hell the Mexican I work with calls me a gringo that’s gotta be racist 😂.

• Haha 1

The place I work has 5000+ employees.  HR is down in FLA, don’t even get to see them in person. 

I’ve been there for about 10 years, no problems up to this. Sucks that someone can open their mouth over something like this and you get a blurb added to your “file”.

I did a lot for this guy, that’s what burns me. Does he really expect that I’ll just let it go like nothing ever happened?  That’s what I have to do but it going to feel like walking on eggshells around this guy. Hopefully he moves on.  

22 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Same. Training videos on how to behave at work. I’m waiting for the pronoun one to come out… should be entertaining.

• Platinum Contributing Member

We used to have HR in our building but now they are remote and off-site like yours......they are good for health insurance inquiries and some pension and payroll questions.

Issues like yours make me appreciate being onroad all day and avoiding the workplace drama.

Good luck...hope things settle down for you.

1 hour ago, toslow said:

Who the fuck even created HR,

20 yrs ago you never heard of them 

lawyers

39 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

yup

12 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Same. Training videos on how to behave at work. I’m waiting for the pronoun one to come out… should be entertaining.

it's become constant, I just laugh about it now and mute the 'required' feelings training and answer the 'test' questions from a liberal viewpoint.

I keep asking what will happen if I might continually fail these tests, because frankly I can live off less than unemployment pays, have a life, $ and they know it.  :lolz:

crickets

I’m planning at retiring working for this company. I am well liked and for the most part enjoy what I do. The company takes care of me, I have a very flexible work schedule, benefits aren’t bad, pay is very good…. I don’t want to walk away from this or be forced to leave because some moron feels they deserve what everyone else has worked for.

Why the fuck would this idiot go to HR over something do stupid like this?  I almost want to ask the other guy involved what exactly he said to him but I don’t want to get him rehashing this. I don’t even think he knows what happened, he talks to me daily and jokes around about shit going on. I almost want to warn him to be careful around this guy but like I said I don’t want him to think back about this and god forbid talk to the idiot about it.

How do I work with this guy when I want to punch him in the head?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

I still have to laugh at this video we had to watch one day about sexual harassment.  We were given a bunch of scenarios, acted out in a video.  And at the end, we were asked about our opinions.  The video showed a man and shea woman who was arranging dresses on one of those clothing racks you see in a clothing store.  Guy comes up to this girl kind of leering at her, "hey, nice rack".  [I swear to god, I couldn't make this up if I tried  :lol:], then we were asked, "Was this sexual harassment?  A.  Yes  or B.  No.   :lol: 

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm taking this post to HR tomorrow morning... 😡

:lol:

Jus kidding, it's far from easy to be in a managerial position today.  When I quit a job in 2019 pulling decent money it was in part not wanting to get dragged into court for all the shit my employer was trying to get away with but because actually managing the next crop of upcoming workers (not all) was increasingly frustrating and the frustration was being taken home at night.  17 months later I took a new position and turned down a higher managerial position to avoid as much utter bs as possible.  We generally spend more hours per day with our coworkers than our own families in this country.  As a manager at the current place I'm working I've made certain not to mix too much personal time with coworkers outside of work and to generally avoid having beverages with them.  Today as an example I had to politely tune up some 20 something's about responsibility, customer service and generally giving a fuck.  These are different times we're working in than when I was young, so I've had to adapt along with it begrudgingly.  I have less than five years to go 'working' if I play my cards right and look forward to turning in my keys. 

idk if that helps, but I totally get where you're at.  Good luck.

If Obama had a son…

3 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

I’ll take him. 

Just play his game right back . If he can't do the work that is not on you keep giving him tasks he should know how to do in the job but can't